This container of gel is as big as my head

ljh34ljh34 Posts: 56Registered Users Curl Neophyte
I just bought one of those huge honking containers of Eco Styler gel from Sally's because it was only $3.50 and you guys say it's good gel.

How can I get this stuff into a smaller container? I tried using a spoon to get it into a spare travel size bottle I have, but that didn't really work...the spoon was too big for the opening. I have a small funnel that I also tried using, but the gel just sort of sat there.

Please :help:?
~Laura

• Blog: Waves & Wisps: A Hair Journal
  • Routine: Still experimenting!
  • My hair type: 2b; fine/normal thickness; low density; high porosity (I think!)

Comments

• raindearraindear Posts: 356Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    The last time I moved gel into a smaller container, I scooped some onto my finger, scraped it onto the neck of the other container, tapped the container on my palm til the gel fell into the container, repeated til the other container was filled. Of course this only works if the other container is fairly small. You could also spoon some into your funnel and then tap the side of the funnel til it drops into your bottle. There will be lots of tapping and a bit of frustration, but it should work.
    Be Happy!

Type:2b/3ab?
    Texture:Medium/fine
    Porosity:Normal
    Elasticity:Normal

Experimenting with too many products to name here. All this great info keeps my head spinning. :happy6:
  • GretchenGretchen Administrator Posts: 10,840Moderators Curl Virtuoso
    I hope you like the new gel!

Gretchen
    NaturallyCurly.com co-founder
    3A

You are beautiful!
  • Candice8183Candice8183 Posts: 11Registered Users
    You can try putting it in a bag and squeezing it into the other jar. Kinda like decorating a cake... but with gel. :-)

Candice8183
  • JRockJRock Posts: 170Registered Users
    You can try putting it in a bag and squeezing it into the other jar. Kinda like decorating a cake... but with gel. :-)

Candice8183

+1. I use a sandwich bag. Works great!

Fat Thumbs + iPhone = Errors 

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file