CurlTalk

huge signatuure pics

spiderlashes5000spiderlashes5000 Posts: 17,495Registered Users Curl Neophyte
Is there a way I can choose to not see boardies' large signature images and animation? Is there some setting that controls this? Thanks

Comments

• redcelticcurlsredcelticcurls Posts: 17,502Registered Users
    From the website

User CP
    Settings & Options
    Edit Options
    Thread Display Options
    Unclick 'Show Signatures'

Siri types my posts for me.
    Kiva! Microfinance works.

Med/Coarse, porous curly.
  • spiderlashes5000spiderlashes5000 Posts: 17,495Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Yaaaay. Thank you! (I never even noticed that nav bar at the top...)

• redcelticcurlsredcelticcurls Posts: 17,502Registered Users
    :)

Glad it worked.

I use the app mostly, so I sometimes forget how big they get.

Siri types my posts for me.
    Kiva! Microfinance works.

Med/Coarse, porous curly.
  • ninja dogninja dog Posts: 23,780Registered Users
    It's the constant rapid motion. I feel like it's going to trigger a stroke.
  • GretchenGretchen Administrator Posts: 8,475Administrators, Moderators Administrator
    ninja dog wrote: »

Funny. :)

If we see a lot of these, we can post something asking members to not use the big sig files.

Gretchen
    NaturallyCurly.com co-founder
    3A

You are beautiful!
  • jeepcurlygurljeepcurlygurl Posts: 19,251Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I also hate the repetitive animations in siggies. But I like seeing everyone's signatures otherwise so I hate to turn them all off. : (
    --I'm located in Western PA.
    --I found NC in late 2004, CG since February 2005, started going grey in late 2005.
    --My hair is 3B with some 3A, texture-medium/fine, porosity-normal except for the ends which are porous, elasticity-normal.
    --My long time favorite products are Suave & VO5 conditioners, LA Looks Sport Gel, oils, honey, vinegar.
    --My CG and grey hair progress -- http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/going-gray/179328-jeepys-grey-hair-progress.html
  • SaraNoHSaraNoH Posts: 827Registered Users
    Oh i totally agree; the large pictures and animations really drive me nuts. But I love seeing what products people are using.
    CG Birthday: 7/25/11
    Type 3a/2c
    Dense, Fine in front Coarse in back, Low porosity
    Low-Poo: SM Moisture Retention Shampoo
    Rinse Out: Tresemme Naturals
    Leave In: ^^^^
    Stylers: AIF, Natural Silks Curly Gel
    *Desert Curly*
  • GretchenGretchen Administrator Posts: 8,475Administrators, Moderators Administrator
    Will someone pls email me some examples that are maybe a bit over the top?

gretchen@texturemediainc.com

Gretchen
    NaturallyCurly.com co-founder
    3A

You are beautiful!
  • irociroc Posts: 7,890Registered Users Curl Neophyte

Seizure?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using CurlTalk App
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Posts: 31,258Registered Users
    Um...I'm assuming you don't like my picture of poor Seamus, who spent 12 hours strapped to the roof of a car, sick as a dog? Don't worry...I only plan to keep it in my siggy until November. I don't want America to forget how poor Seamus was treated when they're voting.
  • ninja dogninja dog Posts: 23,780Registered Users
    I absolutely support your siggie of Seamus. It's heartbreaking and indicative of that candidate's non-caring, insensitive character.

I know I'm only referring to the fast-motion gifs and such.
  • jeepcurlygurljeepcurlygurl Posts: 19,251Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I absolutely support your siggie of Seamus. It's heartbreaking and indicative of that candidate's non-caring, insensitive character.

I know I'm only referring to the fast-motion gifs and such.

ditto
    --I'm located in Western PA.
    --I found NC in late 2004, CG since February 2005, started going grey in late 2005.
    --My hair is 3B with some 3A, texture-medium/fine, porosity-normal except for the ends which are porous, elasticity-normal.
    --My long time favorite products are Suave & VO5 conditioners, LA Looks Sport Gel, oils, honey, vinegar.
    --My CG and grey hair progress -- http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/going-gray/179328-jeepys-grey-hair-progress.html
  • ElderflowerElderflower Posts: 176Registered Users
    I didn't know there were settings for this, though I have a habit of browsing the site before logging in or sometimes the site logs me off so the settings don't help. I made a post about this earlier but deleted it b/c I didn't think anyone else had the issue.

A particular signature pic aggravates my PCVs (heart condition) with its quick motion. I put the person on ignore but like I said if you're not logged in it that doesn't help. I thought about addressing it personally, but this person has made it clear that she doesn't care about offending people. In fact, she and someone else deliberately posted language that I had said in the Say It thread that I found offensive. I had had nothing to do with these people prior to and my post had nothing to do with them so don't know - it was upsetting. I came close to reporting it actually b/c I felt it was trolling - IDC if they're "popular" here or not. I bring it up now because I doubt this person cares at all about harming someone's health or multiple people's health if it would in some way restrict her freedom.

So, I would definitely be for Gretchen's idea of banning such signatures. I have only seen 1 but it belongs to a very frequent poster. The big ones in general are fine with me, but like I had said before, the internet in general has cut down on those flashy motion ads so I think the same should apply here.

Leave a Comment