I'm CG and loving it so far, but would like a FULL regime?

whirlyhairwhirlyhair Registered Users Posts: 194
Hey guys. I've been CG for a little while now, but I'm already really loving the results. :love10: My hair is dramatically healthier, shinier, less frizzy (it still is but whatever), more defined, and just so lucious. I love it.

If you read my siggy below, it'll tell you my hair's natural profile. If for some reason you can't read it: I have medium textured, overly porous hair that also has low elasticity.

With all this, what styling products, DTs, PTs, etc, should I use? I have already found my HG co-wash (VO5 Moisture Milks in Strawberries & Cream) and my gel (L.A. Sports Gel), but now I'm a bit stuck on treatments and styling products that especially aids in killing the frizz and flyaways. :neutral:

Thank you, and love ya guys!
CG since 3/11/2012

Engaged. :love5: Wedding date: 02/26/2016

Type 2C (Botticelli according to Curly Girl: The Handbook)
iii Density
Medium-Coarse Texture
Normal Porosity
Normal Elasticity
HATES: Traditional sulfates/cones.
LOVES: Lots of moisture and homemade FSG! :love10:
(Many thanks to http://www.livecurlylivefree.com/ for helping me figure out my texture, porosity, and elasticity properties! Check them out sometime!)

Comments

• Corrina777Corrina777 Registered Users Posts: 3,204 Curl Connoisseur
    I can't speak highly enough about IAgirl's PT recipe. Definitely follow with a DT (I've tried several and my favorite is still One n' Only Argan Hydrating Mask- at Sally's).

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    3a/f/iii
    Modified CG since 11/5/11
    CLEANSE: CJ Daily Fix, DevaCare No-Poo, CHS Treatment Shampoo
    RO: SS Caitlin's Conditioner, CJ Beauticurls Strengthening
    LI: SS Repairing Protein Treatment, CHS Silk Leave-In
    STYLE: Re:Coil, Curl Keeper, Deva Ultra Defining Gel, Curls Rock Amplifier,Sweet Curls Elixirs Okra Gel and Hard Hold Gel, SS Curl Enhancing Jelly and Firm Hold Gel
  • CurlyFireHorseCurlyFireHorse Registered Users Posts: 350 Curl Neophyte
    Ditto on AIgirl's homemade PT. Quick, easy and very cheap.
    To combat frizz and help with clumping I recommend FSG or Okra gel.
    Welcome to the CG family! :occasion9:
    CurlyFireHorse
    Hair: 2a or 3a (not sure), very porous and fine as frog hair
    Day 1: Cowash and condition with AO GPB, ACV Rinse,
    Co-Kra gel (this stuff is fantastic)

Day 2: KCKT, KCCC, plop, KCCC, plop again, air dry
    Day 3: Curly Kinks Satin Roots, Coil Jam
    Day 4: IAGirl's PT, KBB DT, FSG

Co-Kra gel is my own concoction of okra boiled in coconut milk. It is a cross between FSG and KCCC and leaves my hair very soft and shiny
  • whirlyhairwhirlyhair Registered Users Posts: 194
    Corrina777 wrote: »
    I can't speak highly enough about IAgirl's PT recipe. Definitely follow with a DT (I've tried several and my favorite is still One n' Only Argan Hydrating Mask- at Sally's).

You are so helpful, I wish I can tackle and hug you! But that would seem too pushy and creepy... lol! :tongue5:

I'll have to check out that PT recipe. As much as I'm trying to love and care for my curls, I am also a poor college student that needs to keep an eye on my wallet. That's why I love my co-wash and gel so much; they work and they're cheap as heck!

I'll also check out that DT you use too, it sounds delish! Thank you so much, dear!

By the way, how do you cut your hair? I love the way your hair looks, because it is LITERALLY the same hair length as me, it's crazy!
    Ditto on AIgirl's homemade PT. Quick, easy and very cheap.
    To combat frizz and help with clumping I recommend FSG or Okra gel.
    Welcome to the CG family! :occasion9:
    Thank you, and yes, the CG family is the best family for me and my hair!

Ahhh, what's FSG? lol
    CG since 3/11/2012

iii Density
    Medium-Coarse Texture
    Normal Porosity
    Normal Elasticity
    (Many thanks to http://www.livecurlylivefree.com/ for helping me figure out my texture, porosity, and elasticity properties! Check them out sometime!)
  • whirlyhairwhirlyhair Registered Users Posts: 194
    Oh yeah, and another CG-related question... is it normal that, whenever I'm in the shower and am scrunching in my gel into my wet hair, that I hear a loud "SQIIIISH" sound? :shock:
    CG since 3/11/2012

iii Density
    Medium-Coarse Texture
    Normal Porosity
    Normal Elasticity
  • Corrina777Corrina777 Registered Users Posts: 3,204 Curl Connoisseur
    The best thing about the PT recipe is that it's super cheap. Most of the more expensive ingredients are optional add-ins and there are lots of variations using less expensive ingredients. The DT I use is about $10 for a container (you can probably get between 4 and 6 DTs from it).

Right now I just have my hair cut with long layers, which I've been doing for years. No fancy curly cuts yet. I usually just go to one of the salons in the mall because I never thought long layers could be messed up (I was proven wrong last time when the stylist thinned my hair without asking me).

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    3a/f/iii
    Modified CG since 11/5/11
    CLEANSE: CJ Daily Fix, DevaCare No-Poo, CHS Treatment Shampoo
    RO: SS Caitlin's Conditioner, CJ Beauticurls Strengthening
    LI: SS Repairing Protein Treatment, CHS Silk Leave-In
    STYLE: Re:Coil, Curl Keeper, Deva Ultra Defining Gel, Curls Rock Amplifier,Sweet Curls Elixirs Okra Gel and Hard Hold Gel, SS Curl Enhancing Jelly and Firm Hold Gel
  • Geek_ChicGeek_Chic Registered Users Posts: 1,275 Curl Connoisseur
    Squish sound? Totally normal when scrunching LI /gel into soaking wet hair. And I love IAGirl's PT too. It is fantastic... cheap ingredients, and easy to make.
    CG since 11/2011
    2c /3a F /Mii, low /medium porosity

Go To Products /Routine:
    Clarifying: Suave Essentials Strawberry
    Low Poo: Renpure
    CO: As I Am
    RO /LI: GVPCB, Ion Effective Care, Maui Moisture Nourish and Moisture, Herbal Essences Birch Bark
    Stylers: Zotos All About Curls Bouncy Cream, Herbal Essences Body Envy Mousse, LALSG, UFDCM
    PT (as needed)IAGirl's, Mielle Babassu Mint, Zotos All About Curls Divine Treatment

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file