CurlTalk

FSG, you've finally come through for me!

:D so excited! I decided to give FSG another chance, and wow, am I loving it. I used the standard recipe we have here on NC. This time I used a lot--no, a TON, of FSG and that has made all the difference. There's a lot less in-the-curls frizz than normal.

Routine:
1. Normal shower stuff, cold water rinse (brrrr...)
2. Rake in Giovanni Direct, comb through.
3. *Scrunch in KCKT.
4. Scrunch in TONS of FSG.
5. Scrunch with t-shirt and squish out excess water.
6. Scrunch in more FSG.
7. Scrunch again with another t-shirt.
8. Air dry. Yes, everything will be very crunchy!
9. SOTC w/ a few drops of EVOO rubbed onto my hands.

Did I mention I scrunched????

*the scrunching method I used was Scrunch and Pump. Man does that work...

Now, if only I could combat my incessant lack of root volume!
CG Birthday: 7/25/11
Type 3a/2c
Dense, Fine in front Coarse in back, Low porosity
Low-Poo: SM Moisture Retention Shampoo
Rinse Out: Tresemme Naturals
Leave In: ^^^^
Stylers: AIF, Natural Silks Curly Gel
*Desert Curly*

Comments

• Corrina777Corrina777 Posts: 3,193Registered Users
    Your hair looks fabulous! I'm so glad you found a way for FSG to work for you!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    3a/f/iii
    Modified CG since 11/5/11
    CLEANSE: CJ Daily Fix, DevaCare No-Poo, CHS Treatment Shampoo
    RO: SS Caitlin's Conditioner, CJ Beauticurls Strengthening
    LI: SS Repairing Protein Treatment, CHS Silk Leave-In
    STYLE: Re:Coil, Curl Keeper, Deva Ultra Defining Gel, Curls Rock Amplifier,Sweet Curls Elixirs Okra Gel and Hard Hold Gel, SS Curl Enhancing Jelly and Firm Hold Gel
  • bonitafritabonitafrita Posts: 65Registered Users
    Your hair looks great, Sara!!! I wish FSG worked that well with my hair!!
    3 a/b Medium texture/Normal porosity/Normal elasticity
    Products I'm currently using:
    Lo-Poo: KC Come Clean (1 x week)
    Co-wash/RO: Suave Naturals Everlasting Sunshine
    Stylers: UFD CM + BRHG

Hair dislikes: lots of protein, glycerin
  • DevushkaDevushka Posts: 1,080Registered Users
    My homemade FSG is one of my HGs. I have yet to find a commercial gel that I like the results from as well (But I can't help still experimenting with homemade gel). Good job with your hair! :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]3b / Fine / Low (to Med) Density / Normal Porosity & Elasticity
    Currently Using [*Holy Grails*]
    Cleansers: DC No-Poo / DC Low-Poo / *BaSo & ACV*
    Co-Washes/ROs: CJ Beauticurls Argan & OO / DC OneC / Organicals DC Creme
    Additives: *Silk Amino Acids* / Honeyquat / Fragrance Oils
    LIs (found some!): KCKT / CJ Beauticurls LI / CJ Curl Assurance Smoothing Daily Condish
    DTs: *Coconut Oil* rinses / *Honey*, EVOO, & DC OneC / CJ Curl Rehab
    Sealer: *DM Super Buttercreme*
    Goal: APL Hair
  • wavymomwavymom Posts: 292Registered Users
    Hi SaraNoH! I'm curious, have you been able to achieve such amazing results again with the FSG? Your photos really made me want to make this! But I haven't tried it yet. I was just curious if you have still been getting such awesome results.
  • Auntie BubbsAuntie Bubbs Posts: 1,068Registered Users
    I love, love, LOVE my FSG. I don't go to the extremes you do though! LOL I don't use a LI and then a product (you use KCKT) before FSG but I use a hard hold gel after the FSG. And you apply FSG twice, I don't because of the hard hold gel.
    When I SOTC I use CIAB rather than an oil - I tried using oil and my hair looked and felt greasy. I used coconut oil. Not sure about olive. I may try it :)

I have a similar problem with not getting root lift, but I think it's because I'm overdue for a cut (last cut was in Sept). I don't clip my roots when I dry, either. I get more root lift when I diffuse dry than when I air dry (today I airdried and it's rather flat) but even diffusing, it falls flat after a while.

Flat roots have always been a bit of an issue for me. Even cutting layers into my style doesn't do it for me. Ugh!
    That's me with FSG as my styler!!

3b. fine & thick, coarse, dry, medium porosity. Sucks up product and loves ACVs! FSG is my HG!

Currently using:
    Low Poo: TJ's Refresh No Poo: CoWash w/VO-5; Sonoma Soap Company sulfate-free poo
    RO: Yes to Cuc; SSC Lavender Condish; Sally GVP LI: Donna Marie Miracle D&C
    Style: FSG w/Aussie Instant Freeze & CIAB
  • SaraNoHSaraNoH Posts: 827Registered Users
    wavymom wrote: »
    Hi SaraNoH! I'm curious, have you been able to achieve such amazing results again with the FSG? Your photos really made me want to make this! But I haven't tried it yet. I was just curious if you have still been getting such awesome results.

I havent done it again, since I bought a bunch of new products and am currently working with those instead (the PJ in me gets all excited...).
    The FSG didn't have quite the hold I wanted after many hours, so next time I will layer a hard-hold gel (like LALSG) or mix it into the FSG.

I think the key for me is to use a TON of product (super thick hair after all), then SOTC with some sort of oil, which makes the curls softer. Definitely, it needs more tweaking, but I think it's promising. The FSG helped me realize that I've been too light handed on stylers.
    CG Birthday: 7/25/11
    Type 3a/2c
    Dense, Fine in front Coarse in back, Low porosity
    Low-Poo: SM Moisture Retention Shampoo
    Rinse Out: Tresemme Naturals
    Leave In: ^^^^
    Stylers: AIF, Natural Silks Curly Gel
    *Desert Curly*