I just heard the baby's heartbeat at my pre-natal

AmnerisAmneris Registered Users Posts: 15,117
I heard it last month but it was hard to find - this time it was good and strong. It was so amazing, I cried!
Get used to me. Black, confident, cocky; my name, not yours; my religion, not yours; my goals, my own; get used to me. -Muhammad Ali

.png

534Pm5.png

Comments

• medussamedussa Registered Users Posts: 12,993
    Isn't that the best feeling? :D
  • DarkAngelDarkAngel Registered Users Posts: 2,671 Curl Neophyte
    yay!! didn't it sound great?
    image.php?type=2&o=5&c=1&date=2009-10-07&babyname=Sebastian

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." -- Theodor Seuss Geisel
  • AmnerisAmneris Registered Users Posts: 15,117
    It's very awesome... that something within me that you can't see at all is alive with a heart beating that strong!
    Get used to me. Black, confident, cocky; my name, not yours; my religion, not yours; my goals, my own; get used to me. -Muhammad Ali

.png

534Pm5.png

• picklesgirlpicklesgirl Registered Users Posts: 1,955
    Yay!!!!That always makes me relax you know when you hear the heartbeat for the first time such a great feeling And just wait until you feel the baby moving around in there one time I was like there is actually a living human being flip floping around inside me too wierd but I love it. Congrats Amneris
    Mm59.jpg.png

.png

.png
  • wavezncurlzwavezncurlz Registered Users Posts: 1,814
    Amneris wrote:
    I heard it last month but it was hard to find - this time it was good and strong. It was so amazing, I cried!

Aww...what a great feeling! Wait until you feel the baby move! That is something to behold.
    HAIRCOLLAGE2010-1-1.jpg[

mini-album w/ various styles for the past 10 years of natural hair:
    http://s29.photobucket.com/albums/c252/wavezncurlz/hair/
    password: curlzorwavez
  • loosecurlsloosecurls Registered Users Posts: 637
    We saw Betsy's heart beating (10 wks 3 days) before we heard it.

I will never forget the first time I heard it tho---that little "gallop" noise!

Word of advice----body butter & some lotions will make it harder for the doppler to pick up the heartbeat so don't use any on your belly on the day you go for an appt!
    Slinky's rule for NC.com:

I suppose I can't judge you because you married a serviceman and it is wartime. Boo hoo. You must be loney sitting at home with nothing else to do but pick on people. Why don't you go masterbate again?
  • curly_keltiecurly_keltie Registered Users Posts: 791
    It just doesn't seem realy until you hear the heartbeat doesn't it?

I know you have been a little bit anxious about this pregnancy- I hope this puts some of your worries to rest.
    Long, blonde, 3a/mostly b hair.

78Da.jpg78Dam6.png
  • WileE-DeadWileE-Dead Banned Banned Users Posts: 24,963 Curl Neophyte
    Amneris wrote:

Aww...what a great feeling! Wait until you feel the baby move! That is something to behold.
    Heck yeah!
    Then you're like...was that gas or real mvmt...lol

• AmnerisAmneris Registered Users Posts: 15,117
    loosecurls wrote:
    We saw Betsy's heart beating (10 wks 3 days) before we heard it.

I will never forget the first time I heard it tho---that little "gallop" noise!

Word of advice----body butter & some lotions will make it harder for the doppler to pick up the heartbeat so don't use any on your belly on the day you go for an appt!

Thanks! I am using Palmer's cocoa butter on my stomach every day to attempt to prevent stretch marks and I did use it today... I guess I am lucky I could still hear it. I will skip it next time just in case!

.png

534Pm5.png

• subbrocksubbrock Registered Users Posts: 8,212
    Amneris wrote:

Heck yeah!
    Then you're like...was that gas or real mvmt...lol

hahaha i thought my baby moving was gas for the looooooongest time!! and recently ive been trying to get my boyfriend to fell my belly when she moves. he said he couldnt ever feel her, but all he could feel was my stomch bubbling--i was like, "thats her! its actually not gas!"

seeing the ultrasound really made it real for me. congrats.
  • shellibeanshellibean Registered Users Posts: 4,500
    It is a way cool feeling ...it makes it seem so REAL! My mom got me a thingy at Wal-Mart that lets you hear the heartbeat. It has headphones and a cord so you can record the heartbeat. I'm gonna try to record it for my husband. It cost under $20!
    A closed mind is a wonderful thing to lose.

"...you could have a turd on your head and no one would notice."~Subbrock

"I had an imaginary puppy, but my grandpa ate him."~Bailey
  • deezee02deezee02 Registered Users Posts: 1,509
    shelli wrote:
    It is a way cool feeling ...it makes it seem so REAL! My mom got me a thingy at Wal-Mart that lets you hear the heartbeat. It has headphones and a cord so you can record the heartbeat. I'm gonna try to record it for my husband. It cost under $20!

If you can, i would return it...i had that too, i NEVER heard the heartbeat, even in my 9th month as i was leaving for the hospital...it was a piece of garbage!!!
    58eCm4.png
    SCxkm4.png

Come swag with me!
  • iris427iris427 Registered Users Posts: 6,002
    shelli wrote:

That's really sweet that you will record it for your husband, but you might not want to use it TOO much--it is exposing your baby to ultrasound waves and most healthcare practitioners as well as the FDA caution against exposing the baby to too much, medically unnecessary, ultrasound.
    3027585431_55b6195e50_s.jpg3028374752_0df4d81a1b_s.jpg3028422696_8dcef38baa_s.jpg
    TickerTicker.aspx?&TT=bdy&TT1=bdy&CL=29&CT=&CG=F&O=m_nestbirds&T=t_b14&D=20080913&M1=&D1=2009&T2=&T1=Baby+Iris&CC=0&CO=&step=5&radio=A
  • shellibeanshellibean Registered Users Posts: 4,500
    I haven't been able to hear a heartbeat on it on it but I did hear the baby moving once and it was so loud it scared me to death! My doctor says it isn't sensitive enough to hear the tiny noise of a baby's heart. I will keep trying though b/c I really want to send it to my husband...
    A closed mind is a wonderful thing to lose.

"...you could have a turd on your head and no one would notice."~Subbrock

"I had an imaginary puppy, but my grandpa ate him."~Bailey
  • iris427iris427 Registered Users Posts: 6,002
    shelli wrote:
    I haven't been able to hear a heartbeat on it on it but I did hear the baby moving once and it was so loud it scared me to death! My doctor says it isn't sensitive enough to hear the tiny noise of a baby's heart. I will keep trying though b/c I really want to send it to my husband...

Shelli, is there anyway your OB could record the heartbeat? Or maybe you could buy a tape recorder and bring it to the next appointment and record it that way?

At my hospital, our monitors have a volume setting so they can turn the heartbeat up really loudly. If you had a tape recorder, you could totally record from our monitors, so maybe your OB has something similar?
    3027585431_55b6195e50_s.jpg3028374752_0df4d81a1b_s.jpg3028422696_8dcef38baa_s.jpg
    TickerTicker.aspx?&TT=bdy&TT1=bdy&CL=29&CT=&CG=F&O=m_nestbirds&T=t_b14&D=20080913&M1=&D1=2009&T2=&T1=Baby+Iris&CC=0&CO=&step=5&radio=A
  • picklesgirlpicklesgirl Registered Users Posts: 1,955
    shelli wrote:

I had it with my first and I loved it. I would listen to the hear every night before bed. It just sound different then the one at the Dr. It works more like a stethascope it just ampliphies the sound. It will sound like a fast drum beat. I never had trouble finding it when I first started using it I listened to my heart to see what that sounded like and then found the fast drumbeat sound that the discribe in the insturctions. Unfortunetly I can't find mine I gave to my sis-in-law when she was pregnant to use and then she had a DandC and I can't bring myself to ask if she ever gave it back I'm thinking about buying another one though.
    Mm59.jpg.png

.png

.png
  • KajaKaja Registered Users Posts: 38
    Yay Amneris!!

I go to the doctor today and I'm trying so hard to think of other things, so I know how nervous you must have been!!
    "...both of us are ugly - except for me!" Pippi Longstocking

.png
  • mel_80mel_80 Registered Users Posts: 173
    Yay for hearing the heartbeat!!!! I've gotten to hear it twice now, and each time it becomes more and more real. I'm officially starting to get excited.

Loosecurls,
    Thanks for the body butter tip. Today I had a doctor's appointment and I was all greased up with shea butter. I noticed that it took longer to find the heartbeat, but couldn't figure out why. :lol:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file