Best strategy to determine porosity of hair

imbpanamaimbpanama Posts: 21Registered Users
HI, i have a 7 year old biracial child with 3 types of hair types ranging from 3 to- 4a and 4b.

i've spent hundreds of dollars trying to find products that work for her. but everything looks great when i apply it but the following day its like nothing has been applied. when we tried temporarily straightening her hair with a blow drier and flat iron, the hair would constantly and immediately start reverting to its natural state. products that i have used on her hair sometimes seem to make her hair harder or waxy. only thing that seems to work is water mixed with oil, but i have to put it on every time i comb her.

she has tons and tons of hair and when i wash her hair have to wet her hair a lot, for it to absorb. i can even see the water droplets suspended on her hair.

however, i am not sure if she is indeed low porosity. Does the stuff i describe show a low porosity type of hair?

Comments

• kathymackkathymack Posts: 9,999Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    imbpanama wrote: »
    HI, i have a 7 year old biracial child with 3 types of hair types ranging from 3 to- 4a and 4b.

i've spent hundreds of dollars trying to find products that work for her. but everything looks great when i apply it but the following day its like nothing has been applied. when we tried temporarily straightening her hair with a blow drier and flat iron, the hair would constantly and immediately start reverting to its natural state. products that i have used on her hair sometimes seem to make her hair harder or waxy. only thing that seems to work is water mixed with oil, but i have to put it on every time i comb her.

she has tons and tons of hair and when i wash her hair have to wet her hair a lot, for it to absorb. i can even see the water droplets suspended on her hair.

however, i am not sure if she is indeed low porosity. Does the stuff i describe show a low porosity type of hair?

Sounds low porosity to me. Just to be sure, you could do the hair analysis at livecurlylive free website Live Curly Live Free - Hair Analysis if you really want to be sure.

My hair low porosity hair prefers to use products with butters and oils rather than straight butters and oils--but that's just me. It frequently takes hours after my hair is dry for it to soak up the products. My hair usually gets better as the day goes on. I wet and style every day, but I'm a grown up--and have the time to do it.

My hair doesn't care for products with chemicals (like polyquats), mineral oil or castor oil. Some of this might depend on what you're using on her hair.
    3a (Corkicelli), highlighted, fine, low porosity
    SE PA

HGs: Anything Sevi; Curly Kinks Satin Roots, Curlycue ReNew and Coil Jam; homemade FSG and okra gel; soap bars; UFD Curly Magic; Botanical Spirits Jellies, CJ Repair Me, Aloe Fix
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file