Do the tangles ever stop?

MoonfaceMoonface Registered Users Posts: 29
Hi! I'm on my second day of CG using Suave strawberry conditioner as a co-wash, and Yes to Cucumbers as my RO/LI(Is that the right terms? I'm still getting the hang of this, you can tell LOL), and Herbal Essences curl scrunching gel.

I am having one hell of a time not touching my hair with a brush or comb when it's dry. It's gotten to a point where I had to put the comb in the shower so I'd be too lazy to get it, and throw my brushes out. Already. And throughout the day it feels like my hair is a tangled mess(even though I shouldnt be touching it... I'm getting used to that, too, slowly....) and then when I get around to combing in the shower with my fingers its tangle city, but the comb finds none?!

I was just curious if eventually the tangles start to sort of 'calm down' cause if I didn't have such bad tangles during the day, I'd be less tempted to touch it!

(I also wash my hair at night and sleep on it before I 'scrunch' the gel when it's dry.. but I dont have any other time to do it :( )
3a/b → fine// normal-high porosity//normal elasticity
CG[modified?] since 03//2012!

cleanser; devacurl low poo, CK clean cream
clarifying; live clean ACV, kccc
RO/LI; ytcukes, devacurl OC, curls quenched curls moisturizer, CK satin roots
style; HETT, curls gel-les'c, CK coil jam
pt/dt; curly kinks renew
all subject to change ;)

Comments

• beeduhbeeduh Registered Users Posts: 684 Curl Neophyte
    Normally the hair is tangled because it needs more moisture. Since I've gone CG my tangles have definitely decreased A LOT. Since using conditioner for cleaning, rinsing out, and leavin it in I literally have no tangles. I normally wash and style at night since I sleep as long as I can in he morning and have no time to air dry. Also you might want to try applying product when your hair is still wet. I know for me, of I apply gel to dry hair it will be crunchy and my hair will become tangled.
    CG as of Feb. 2012
    combination hair.
    2c on top - low elasticity
    3a&b scattered underneath - normal elasticity.
    fine texture. thin density. A lot of it.
    porosity: normal to high.
    loves protein and moisture.
    BSACV as needed.

products may vary. i'm a PJ.
    loving Curl Junkie, Curly Kinks, and AS I Am.
  • MoonfaceMoonface Registered Users Posts: 29
    Oh, I've only applied product to wet hair, so far. I haven't with dry hair, I heard that was a big no no? All I use is the gel, though, really, other than conditioners. I guess in time once I figure a way to get my hair properly moisturized it'll be better?
    3a/b → fine// normal-high porosity//normal elasticity
    CG[modified?] since 03//2012!

cleanser; devacurl low poo, CK clean cream
    clarifying; live clean ACV, kccc
    RO/LI; ytcukes, devacurl OC, curls quenched curls moisturizer, CK satin roots
    style; HETT, curls gel-les'c, CK coil jam
    pt/dt; curly kinks renew
    all subject to change ;)
  • FrostycurlFrostycurl Registered Users Posts: 1
    Hi new here but couldn't help reading this thread. I was looking for the same answer as Moonface. I am on my second day as well and not combing out my hair in the morning and before I go to bed is very difficult for me. Granted, I only did it twice a day but I get tangles right at the base of my head and it drives me nuts.

I did quite a bit of research about the CG method before giving it a try since I have hated my hair for as long as I can remember. I even considered relaxing it but my husband asked me not to. Anyway, I have read from numerous sources that putting your hair up in a pineapple ponytail or braiding it before you go to bed is a great way to keep it from tangling up too bad. So, that is what I have done.

My concern is that by the end of the week my hair will look like a horrible tangled mess. I have read also that more moisture means less tangles. So, my question is, should someone who is just starting out on the CG method do the CO wash daily, or every other day to get the moisture required to keep the tangles at bay?
  • SaraNoHSaraNoH Registered Users Posts: 827
    Well my understanding is that CO washing your roots everyday isn't such a good idea as you an weigh them down and get flat top. Though COwashing your length might not be so bad. Focus on intense moisture treatments to get your hair back into shape to get a good foundation.
    CG Birthday: 7/25/11
    Type 3a/2c
    Dense, Fine in front Coarse in back, Low porosity
    Low-Poo: SM Moisture Retention Shampoo
    Rinse Out: Tresemme Naturals
    Leave In: ^^^^
    Stylers: AIF, Natural Silks Curly Gel
    *Desert Curly*
  • craving_curlscraving_curls Registered Users Posts: 44
    I am definitely interested in this thread - on day two, my hair is quite tangly and I braid it before bed. I do know my problem is lack of moisture. My hair cannot get enough.

I think co-washing the ends everyday is fine, but be careful with scalp. If you are going to completely wash, make sure you clean the scalp with your fingers to get the gunk off. I've been co-washing everyday for two weeks to get my hair on track. There is noticable improvement, but it still needs help!
    CG since 3/2012, Medium Density, Low Elasticity, Porosity (?)
    3a/m/ii

Products loving my hair:
    Co-Wash/LI/RO: DC One Condition
    Gel: KCCC, BC Curl Enhancing Cream, DC AnGel

Moisture loving, oil and protein hating (though it tolerates some in products).

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file