How are you documenting your journey to natural hair?

hippiedollhippiedoll Registered Users Posts: 398
Anyone documenting their natural hair journey and progress? I'm planning on blogging about hair while going through the process of transitioning. I'm wondering if anyone is doing the same?
Products I'm currently :love10::
  • Karen's Body Beautiful Sweet Ambrosia (Vanilla Latte scent)
  • Shea Moisture Coconut & Hibiscus Curl & Style Milk
  • Certified Organic Coconut Oil
  • Karen's Body Beautiful Heavenly Jojoba Oil
    Staple Deep Conditioners: Giovanni Direct Leave-in and Karen's Body Beautiful Luscious Locks Hair Mask :love5:
    Recent newbie to the Curly Girl Method
    6 months post relaxer. I will be 7 months post September 17 !! :occasion9:

Comments

• ohtashohtash Registered Users Posts: 90
      I'm blogging (hairiam247.blogspot.com and I have a YouTube channel (the6407). I like blogging better because it's a cool way to look back and see pix of how my hair was. And it's easier than doing videos.
    • KetchupKetchup Registered Users Posts: 375
      Not transitioning, long time natural. But recently started blogging.

✌📲
      http://coilyas123.blogspot.com

Coily, Kinky & Nappy.
    • hippiedollhippiedoll Registered Users Posts: 398
      ohtash wrote: »
      I'm blogging (hairiam247.blogspot.com and I have a YouTube channel (the6407). I like blogging better because it's a cool way to look back and see pix of how my hair was. And it's easier than doing videos.

I'm not YouTube savvy but I'll sub to your channel :). My blog is prettystyling.blogspot.com. I plan on taking pics of my hair progress too
        Staple Deep Conditioners: Giovanni Direct Leave-in and Karen's Body Beautiful Luscious Locks Hair Mask :love5:
        Ketchup wrote: »
        Not transitioning, long time natural. But recently started blogging.

✌📲

Welcome to the blogging world. How Long have you been natural?
          Aww thanks! Yes! It's really better than doing videos (even tho I do them) because you don't have to go through the trouble of editing and whatnot. I just like blogging better cuz I can take a ton of pix and post them. And it allows me to see my progress better.

Also, you should check out tumblr. There's A LOT of natural hair tumblr blogs that shows everyday naturals or natural inspiration styles.
        • MusicbutterflyMusicbutterfly Registered Users Posts: 51
          I make posts on tumblr and do vlogs every now and then to look back on how I felt. I'll work on editing clips together over the summer right now I'm busy with university. My blog is butterfliesloveentertainmenttoo.tumblr.com
          ohtash wrote: »
          Aww thanks! Yes! It's really better than doing videos (even tho I do them) because you don't have to go through the trouble of editing and whatnot. I just like blogging better cuz I can take a ton of pix and post them. And it allows me to see my progress better.

Also, you should check out tumblr. There's A LOT of natural hair tumblr blogs that shows everyday naturals or natural inspiration styles.

I have a tumblr but I don't use as much anymore. I follow a lot of natural hair blogs on there too. To me YouTube takes up too much time. I can write a blog post and throw in some pictures and call it a day. :tongue:
            How do I follow your blog? I don't see the blogger icon to do so.
              Is there no plus icon I. The top right hand corner?
              Thanks! I'll view it later. I'm not on my own personal computer. It's the computer I'm using at the moment.
              • TriMixDivaTriMixDiva Registered Users Posts: 255
                I'm just taking a ton of pics of my hair every day. I also have a fotki that I keep up but not super hardcore. I'd like to start making youtube vids but ya we'll see if that happens.
                TYPE: 3C
                Current State: Just bc'd but still growing out heat damage in the front that goes to the root
                High Density, Medium Porosity
                Length: Grazing SL curly with tons of layers
                Goal: MBL curly? 2019?
                Doing what I want when I want!
                Sounds great! I currently just take pics of my braid outs. It's kind of hard taking texture shots. Maybe when I get more of my curl pattern growing in. I know visual mementos helps ease the transitioning process somewhat.
                • confusedcurls26confusedcurls26 Registered Users Posts: 81
                  - i actually havent tracked my progress :/ i just know its been around a year that ive been transitioning, but im trying to do things on special days like memorial day .

Sent from my SPH-M580 using CurlTalk App
                • HennyRox05HennyRox05 Registered Users Posts: 28
                  I been taking daily photos using an app called daily photo. I have YouTube bids but I need to take the time to update and make more.

Sent from my DROID X2 using CurlTalk App
                  :angel5:Zaaylon'sMommy
                  Also, theres this app called "I love your hair. It's like an instagram but for hair!
                  I got that app but it stopped working for me it sucks cos once it stopped working I had 3 amazing days of hair. That happen to anyone else? Probs have to redownload it Grr. Not too fussed tho since I can still use instagram and it goes straight to my tumblr, twitter, Facebook, email (so many choices!)
                  I just use instagram it's easy to use for me
                  • DeeinKCDeeinKC Registered Users Posts: 43
                    I started a blog (Natural Hair Journey) a few months into my transition. I also make the occasional YouTube video (deeinkc - YouTube).

I also like blogging because it's a little easier to just post updates and pics without a bunch of set up and editing. I am hoping to connect with other transitioners through my blog, but also have a good record of my progress. I'm 6 months in and I know the further along I get, it'll be really nice to have pics to look back on.
                    Dee
                    Last relaxer: September 2011
                    Follow my progress on my transition blog: http://naturallycurlyjourney.blogspot.com/
                  • Frenchie215Frenchie215 Registered Users Posts: 3
                    I just started a YouTube channel a few days ago. I hope to start a blog soon as well. I didn't really document my natural hair journey the first time around, so I'm taking full advantage of it this time.

my YouTube channel
                    Sounds great everyone! My blog is prettystyling.blogspot.com. I also blog about fashion, beauty, and life. I haven't made any recent posts yet on my journey so far. I have a couple of product reviews I want to do as well.
                      I began taking pics but I haven't figured out how to put everything together
                      • Sweet_CurlsSweet_Curls Registered Users Posts: 16
                        I am not newly natural, but I haven't been wearing my hair natural consistantly until about a year ago. So, I decided to start documenting my journey about a couple of months ago. I love blogging. I should have done this sooner!
                        Check me out at CurlLove.blogspot.com:love5:
                        Natural since Dec. 2004:toothy8:

Check me out at:
                        www.curllove.blogspot.com :love5:
                        Great blog! I see you follow the CG method. I love the book and the method
                        • anonymous_114091anonymous_114091 Registered Users Posts: 126 Curl Neophyte
                          I'm mostly documenting it in written form in a journal. When I grew my relaxed hair I documented the process using Fotki. Not sure if I'm going to do that this time. I have a health & wellness blog, but I never thought about creating a blog for my hair journey. Interesting...

Sent from my HUAWEI-M860 using CurlTalk App
                          *BIG CHOP: September 22, 2012* :afro:
                          *Last Relaxer: April 15, 2012* :p

event.png
                        • quietstormRNquietstormRN Registered Users Posts: 21
                          *Muffin* wrote: »
                          I'm mostly documenting it in written form in a journal. When I grew my relaxed hair I documented the process using Fotki. Not sure if I'm going to do that this time. I have a health & wellness blog, but I never thought about creating a blog for my hair journey. Interesting...

Sent from my HUAWEI-M860 using CurlTalk App

I still have my fotki from my relaxed journey days and I decided to continue to document my transitioning and natural journey there as well. Im not sure I can keep up with a blog so at least that way I can keep up with the timeframe and what styles I did when and products that worked etc.

event.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
                        Emoji
                        Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
                        Drop image/file