KCKT not moisturizing enough!!

guthak01guthak01 Posts: 195Registered Users Curl Novice
Fine, Low Porosity, Medium Density

So I have been using KCKT for awhile now, but it is just not moisturizing enough. My gel, LALSG, seems to be doing an okay job (I want to try a different one), but I am getting bad frizz. I use a little more than a quarter-sized amount of KCKT, but I don't think the amount of the product is an issue. I would love Leave-in recommendations (and gel)!!!!

My routine is co-wash, RO with GVPCB, KCKT, Gel, Scrunch with t-shirt, Plop, then Diffuse if I need to leave the house right away. I don't touch my hair a lot. Don't know if some thing in my routine is triggering the frizz.

Any recommendations would be wonderful.
3a/3b, Low porosity, Medium Density
Low-poo: Devacurl Low Poo
RO: GVP Conditioning Balm
Leave-in: Kinky-Curly Knot Today
Styler: Cantu Curl Activating Cream, LALSG, Pantene Curl Gel

Comments

• CerendipityCerendipity Posts: 5,091Registered Users Curl Novice
    You can try Satin Roots Leave in Conditioner from the company Curly Kinks.

Its 100% more moisturizing than KCKT to me
  • kathymackkathymack Posts: 9,999Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    You can try Satin Roots Leave in Conditioner from the company Curly Kinks.

Its 100% more moisturizing than KCKT to me

I answered you original post in another thread--but I second the Satin Roots LI. It's really a great product. I finally used it with something beside the CK Coil Jam. My hair looks so good with the two, I was "afraid" to waste a day. (I wet, use a rinse out and style every day. Rotate products and won't use anything more then once every five days.) I used the Satin Roots with KCCC (which I seldom use) and had a great hair day--lots of compliments.
    3a (Corkicelli), highlighted, fine, low porosity
    SE PA

HGs: Anything Sevi; Curly Kinks Satin Roots, Curlycue ReNew and Coil Jam; homemade FSG and okra gel; soap bars; UFD Curly Magic; Botanical Spirits Jellies, CJ Repair Me, Aloe Fix
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ebonyrose31626ebonyrose31626 Posts: 253Registered Users
    I recommend OH Dew or CJ asl as a leave in.
    Sorry I don't use gels
    4c wiry thick nappy low porosity hair
    Poo: SM black soap
    Rise out/Detangler:
    DC/: Avocado+ oil + Honey
    Spritz: Oyin J&B :love10:
    Moisturizer: OH Dew
    Sealant:BSP/Bask tapioca cream
  • guthak01guthak01 Posts: 195Registered Users Curl Novice
    Where can I buy satin roots leave in?
  • kathymackkathymack Posts: 9,999Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    3a (Corkicelli), highlighted, fine, low porosity
    SE PA

HGs: Anything Sevi; Curly Kinks Satin Roots, Curlycue ReNew and Coil Jam; homemade FSG and okra gel; soap bars; UFD Curly Magic; Botanical Spirits Jellies, CJ Repair Me, Aloe Fix
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SistapopdemcurlSistapopdemcurl Posts: 225Registered Users
    I recommend curl junkie smoothing lotion or hair nectar from kbb.
  • guthak01guthak01 Posts: 195Registered Users Curl Novice
    kbb is karen's body beautiful right? and can you find that on the ground?
  • Jo SomebodyJo Somebody Posts: 1,578Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I recommend either boosting the KCKT into a Kimmaytube like version, or going for Curl Junkie Smoothing Lotion, BASK Silk Honey Latte, Qhemet Biologics conditioners or Koils By Nature Shealoe Leave In.

Lol! It looks l have expensive tastes, but many of your drugstore brands aren't available here (UK) and if I pay to have something shipped, I don't want to pay more for shipping than the products, that's all! So I would say try the drugstore/BSS brands mentioned here first.
    My hair is in the 4s, low in porosity, high in density and coarse. :happy6:

Love: QB - all of it, Bobeam - shampoo bars, Darcy's Botanicals - Pumpkin Seed Conditioner, Coconut Cupuacu Pomade, KBN - Shealoe Leave-in, Oyin - Juices & Berries, Kinky Curly - Knot Today, Ayurvedic treatments, my Denman and the cloud of kinky goodness on my head that I get to play with! :love8:
  • JoJoFreeJoJoFree Posts: 110Registered Users
    I recommend either boosting the KCKT into a Kimmaytube like version, or going for Curl Junkie Smoothing Lotion, BASK Silk Honey Latte, Qhemet Biologics conditioners or Koils By Nature Shealoe Leave In.

Lol! It looks l have expensive tastes, but many of your drugstore brands aren't available here (UK) and if I pay to have something shipped, I don't want to pay more for shipping than the products, that's all! So I would say try the drugstore/BSS brands mentioned here first.

+1

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file