CurlTalk

Help please!

Hello! I am completely new to this and was wondering if someone could help me. My hair is a mixture of curls, loose on top and super kinky on the bottom. Recently it's been getting bigger and bigger. I don't feel like my old regimen of Herbal Essences shampoo, conditioner, then mousse is cutting it anymore. I got some samples of matrix Sleek which works very well but is very pricey :( If anyone could give me some suggestions for washing products, after shower products, and second day products within my price rangeI will be grateful!!

Comments

• bcody09bcody09 Posts: 115Registered Users
    Hi. Try adding some leave-in conditioner and then gel, scrunched into your hair when it's pretty wet (the gel I mean).

If you really want to cut out the frizz, try the Curly Girl Method, here's a quick explanation if what it is:
    How to Follow the Curly Girl Method for Curly Hair: 15 steps

I personally use Tresseme conditioner which is super cheap, $5 for a huge bottle. And I use this clear conditioner I got at the Dollar Tree, so it's also really cheap, $1 for a decent-size bottle.

I've never achieved second-day hair, mainly because I've never tried. I'd love to hear some other's opinions how what products to use to get second-day hair!

Hope I helped!
    CG since Mar 2, 2012! :)

Routine:
    CoWash: V05 Tea Therapy in Vanilla Mint Tea
    RO:Tresemme Naturals: Nourishing Moisture
    LI: Kinky Curly Knot Today
    Gel: CVS Sport Gel or Xcess Sport Hold Gel
    Mouse: Pantene Curl-Defining Mousse

Product Application:
    Scrunch out water with random t-shirt
    Apply products
    Long sleeve shirt plop.