New and very confused

Brooke-Brooke- Registered Users Posts: 21
Ok so I just now found out about this after finally getting extremely fed up and spending hours on the Internet one day. And I'm. just. so... confused. Haha
I'm 16 and I've been dying my hair since 6th grade because of low self esteem and being convinced it would change the way I look. But I'm tired of it now and I want all of this freaking color out of my hair.

Recently it has been from badly done (at the salon) brassy blonde, another bad Salon dye greenish brown, then garnier nutrise at home red dye from hell.I have gotten my hair done twice once again and it's spread to undyed hair and came right back through.

Anyways it's very damaged and I think it's a mix between medium and coarse texture, but more coarse cause of dye damage. It has high porosity. And I don't know what type it is. I live near Knoxville TN. So I don't know about the dew point stuff.

Anyways I've recently switched to no poo. And I'm co washing with suave naturals cocunut then using gel because that's all I have.

Pic of it mostly dry just co washing and combed in shower

Comments

• Brooke-Brooke- Registered Users Posts: 21
    Oops here's pics sorry 1870473b-43fc-b947.jpg
    It's dry there and was in a tight bun so it's looser then normal
    Still dry 1870473b-44de-f492.jpg
    Here it's wet
    1870473b-4623-426d.jpg
    1870473b-464f-472e.jpg

Sorry about the quality my iPod is the only camera I have.
  • Libra_MoonLibra_Moon Registered Users Posts: 255
    Lovely, looks just like mine 2b/2c.

Sent from my DROID X2 using CurlTalk App with accidental obvious autocorrect errors throughout.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Growing out Pixie since 5-10-2008 with some trims and anxiety chops along the way...
    hair details: BSL(c)/MBL(s) - 2b/2c (MPD if truth be told) - f/m, iii, porosity med-low.
    Please feel free to follow my FB blog page as I go through Cosmetology school abd beyond
    what else do you need/want to know? Blame all spelling mistakes on me, my fat fingers or autocorrect.
    oh yeah, and I'm newly gluten free...thanks to celiac
  • Corrina777Corrina777 Registered Users Posts: 3,204 Curl Connoisseur
    There's a difference between coarse, thick, and damaged/high porosity. Fine/medium/coarse is used to describe the texture of individual hairs- meaning the thickness of the individual strands. Most people do have a combination of textures, but product choices should be based on the most predominant texture. Also, it is possible to have fine textured hair that feels kinky, which can sometimes make it difficult to identify texture.

Thick/thin is used more in reference to density- how much hair you actually have. When I first started CG, I assumed my texture was medium to coarse because I was told all my life that I had very thick hair. My hair analysis showed otherwise. In terms of density, I do have very thick hair, but the strands themselves are mostly fine.

High porosity hair (from color damage, heat damage, etc), can feel rough. This is from the breaks and lifting of the cuticle. This is again different from the actual thickness (texture) of the hair.

The best thing for fine or high porosity hair is protein. I recommend following protein with moisture, regardless of texture, but this is especially important for coarser textures.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    3a/f/iii
    Modified CG since 11/5/11
    CLEANSE: CJ Daily Fix, DevaCare No-Poo, CHS Treatment Shampoo
    RO: SS Caitlin's Conditioner, CJ Beauticurls Strengthening
    LI: SS Repairing Protein Treatment, CHS Silk Leave-In
    STYLE: Re:Coil, Curl Keeper, Deva Ultra Defining Gel, Curls Rock Amplifier,Sweet Curls Elixirs Okra Gel and Hard Hold Gel, SS Curl Enhancing Jelly and Firm Hold Gel
    Corrina777 wrote: »
    There's a difference between coarse, thick, and damaged/high porosity. Fine/medium/coarse is used to describe the texture of individual hairs- meaning the thickness of the individual strands. Most people do have a combination of textures, but product choices should be based on the most predominant texture. Also, it is possible to have fine textured hair that feels kinky, which can sometimes make it difficult to identify texture.

Thick/thin is used more in reference to density- how much hair you actually have. When I first started CG, I assumed my texture was medium to coarse because I was told all my life that I had very thick hair. My hair analysis showed otherwise. In terms of density, I do have very thick hair, but the strands themselves are mostly fine.

High porosity hair (from color damage, heat damage, etc), can feel rough. This is from the breaks and lifting of the cuticle. This is again different from the actual thickness (texture) of the hair.

The best thing for fine or high porosity hair is protein. I recommend following protein with moisture, regardless of texture, but this is especially important for coarser textures.

According to thehairstyler.com it's medium and fine. And all of the strands feel rough. I'm having trouble finding which one is dominant. My hair is very thick. I've always been told I have enough hair for three people and when I used to brush it I would get the aussie girls look before they came back out of the water lol.

My hairs both heat and color damaged, but I think it really Hates protein. My at home egg and coconut treatment made my hair stiff and strawlike no matter what I did. And I've tried three times. :/
    And thank you. You're hair is lovely too. :)
  • Corrina777Corrina777 Registered Users Posts: 3,204 Curl Connoisseur
    Are you following with moisture? I've had great success with IAGirl's PT (it's gelatin based- sometimes hair can be particular about the types of proteins it likes). I set aside about an hour or so every weekend and do the PT for 20-30 min and then follow with a deep conditioner for another 20-30 minutes. The DT keeps mt hair feeling soft.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    3a/f/iii
    Modified CG since 11/5/11
    CLEANSE: CJ Daily Fix, DevaCare No-Poo, CHS Treatment Shampoo
    RO: SS Caitlin's Conditioner, CJ Beauticurls Strengthening
    LI: SS Repairing Protein Treatment, CHS Silk Leave-In
    STYLE: Re:Coil, Curl Keeper, Deva Ultra Defining Gel, Curls Rock Amplifier,Sweet Curls Elixirs Okra Gel and Hard Hold Gel, SS Curl Enhancing Jelly and Firm Hold Gel

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file