CurlTalk

Best Rinse Out Conditioner for Low Porosity Hair

guthak01guthak01 Posts: 188Registered Users
I need a new Rinse Out Conditioner. Suggestions? Thank you in advance!
3a/3b, Low porosity, Medium Density
Low-poo: Shea Moisture Moisture Retention
RO: Matrix Biolage Conditioning Balm
Leave-in: Kinky-Curly Knot Today
Styler: Aussie Instant Freeze or LALSG

Comments

• BlackAngelPlayahBlackAngelPlayah Posts: 1,419Registered Users
    I use Aussie Moist. I shampoo, apply Aussie, detangle in sections, cover with a plastic cap over night, rinse in the morning. I find for our hair, overnight helps the conditioner really get in there.

Jen :D

😜🍸Sent LIVE from my JPhone 4 using some CurlTalk app. 😜🍸

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2FAfroCurls.wordpress.com" class="Popup
    :afro:FroZen:afro:
  • curvesncurlscurvesncurls Posts: 154Registered Users
    Currently loving Yes To Carrots!! Awesome slip for a drugstore conditioner
    Southern WI curly ~ mostly 2b/c with 2a/b underlayer and a few 3a curls on top
    Low porosity, fine hair but LOTS of it!
    Loves protein. Dislikes butters and heavy oils.
    Working toward natural products and streamlining!!
    Current Loves: JCCC, Desert Essence Coconut Conditioner, AG Recoil, CK Coil Jam
  • artemis513artemis513 Posts: 666Registered Users
    Really loving Curl Junkie Beauticurls Argan & Olive Daily condish
    4a/3c, fine strands, low porosity, medium density
    Last relaxer: Jan 2010 - BC'd: 2/27/11
    My Fotki
    My Blog
  • SistapopdemcurlSistapopdemcurl Posts: 225Registered Users
    Dessert Essence Coconut conditioner and Aussie moist
  • JoJoFreeJoJoFree Posts: 110Registered Users
    Oyin Honey Hemp. I also like Carol's Daughter Black Vanilla Smoothie.
  • AlexisMalAlexisMal Posts: 9Registered Users
    Once a week I use a thick conditioner after I co-wash. I use Matrix Biolage Conditioning Balm and some honey. I use equal parts biolage and honey so that my palm is covered and then I rub my hands together to mix the honey in and apply to the lengths of my hair, concentrating on areas where I tend to frizz the most. Then I braid my hair and clip it up while I continue the rest of my shower. I rinse it out with warm water as cold water rinses do not work well with my low porosity hair. I then smooth then scrunch it my leave in, scrunch out moisture with a cotton cloth, and then apply my gel in the same way as the leave in.
  • Ml001Ml001 Posts: 354Registered Users
    I am really loving CJ Smoothing Conditioner
    remember, with all advice or suggestions for your hair, YMMV!! :read2:
    My hair:
    2b wavy, medium texture, low porosity, med-high density. Protein finicky.
    My routine:
    Cleansing: DCNP, every 4-5 days (occasionally use CJ cleansers).
    RO: CJSC, occasionally use JCDC
    LI: KCKT or CJSL
    Gel: KCCC, CJCIAB for 2nd day hair (sometimes third)

Heat is my friend: warm water rinses, steam caps, and diffuse dry. I love CLU cloths and my Denman.
  • Truqueen01Truqueen01 Posts: 202Registered Users
    +1for CJ Smoothing Conditioner. You don't have to use a lot & makes my hair feel delish.
  • rapunzel4everrapunzel4ever Posts: 557Registered Users
    I use Motions CPR triple leave-in conditioner for RO and sometimes a tiny bit for LI. It only has Silk Protein not too high on the list and it's the only conditioner I keep on buying for years now.

I have 2b-3a hair, lp, fine-medium and somewhat protein sensitive hair.
    2B/C-3A) fine - low porosity
    Routine:
    Wash: Daily Fix,SMT, Kesham, Urtekram
    RO: Motions CPR Li, Inecto Cocos co, AO GPB, KCTT
    acv-rinse, sometimes honey-rinse
    LI: coconut oil (winter), CJBC-LI
    Styling: AVG, Etos Solid Power Gel, Taft gel, CJPP, JCCC, BRHG
    Plopping~Pixiecurl diffuse~clipping
    KrullenWijzer.blogspot.nl
  • belwillcoilybelwillcoily Posts: 303Registered Users
    For me any of the Alberto VO5 conditioners that have low to no protein in them. My favorite is the Tea Therapy because it is the only one (I believe) with zero protein in it. My hair can tolerate some of the others with protein low on the ingredients list but I can't use every week or my hair will start to get dry and stiff due to protein sensitivity.
    :afro: Me Fascina El Pelo :afro:

Low Porosity; Medium Strands; Dense
  • vanillatoffeevanillatoffee Posts: 105Registered Users
    I really like Garnier's Pure Clean conditioner. It rocks my socks, it's on the ground, it's affordable...very moisturizing, makes it easy to detangle. Silicone-free. You should give it a try.
    :icescream: last relaxer: june 2010. bc: october 2010. :happy10:
    properties: mix of 3 & 4, high density!!, medium-coarse, protein sensitive, low-normal porosity, cottony, daughter S
    hair likes: garnier pure clean conditioner, v05, water & olive oil...that's literally it. so far...
    four fat braids every night; moisturize or spray w/ water, seal w/ EVOO every other night.

• gardencurlsgardencurls Posts: 573Registered Users
    I alternate depending on cost/styling products. Right now I have GVP Conditioning Balm, Suave Naturals Everlasting Sunshine, and Aubrey Honeysuckle Rose. KCKT is my favorite for a rinse-out but because it comes in such a tiny bottle and it's more expensive I prefer to use it as a leave-in.

I've been wanting to try CJ Smoothing for the longest time - I really need to get some!
    3b/c, Coarse, Low Porosity, Desert Climate
    CG since August 2011/Occasionally Minimally Modified since 2013
    Favorites: Beautiful Nutrition Cocoa Curl Cleansing Conditioner, Beautiful Nutrition Cocoa Curl High Definition Moisture Gel, Beautiful Nutrition UltraLight Lime Jel Control Serum, Beautiful Nutrition Lemon Rinse Clarifying Treatment
  • MyrnaMyrna Posts: 2,332Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    OHHHH, ladies, I have the same question...I dont know if I should be changing my conditioner now that its warmer and more humid - in the winter I used GVP - its too heavy now...I tried TSN and feel sort of "meh" about it....