Do you per poo when you color?

pjjosephgisspjjosephgiss Registered Users Posts: 643
Hi! I want to color my hair with Herbashine. I am wondering whether I can pre poo somewhere in the process? Thanks in advance for your thoughts!

Woooo Hooooo! I FINALLY got an iPhone! <3
Hair type-BC: 2/2011-mix of kinks+ coils
Wash-Bobeam Poo bars, As I Am Cleansing Pudding and Coconut Cowash cleansing condish
LI/RO-Curl Junkie rehab, Shescentit Avocado condish, Oyin Hair dew
DT-KBB Luscious Locks, Curl Junkie ANYthing, Shescentit Avocado condish
Style- UFD, Camille Rose, Hello Curly, Kinky Curly
Sealant- Jamaican Black Castor and Avocado oils, Qhemet Biologics Honey & Olive Hydrating Balm
Will try any CG product at least once.
Proud to be a PJ!
:happy7::wave:

Comments

• caramix3acaramix3a Registered Users Posts: 462 Curl Neophyte
    Always, because I want to get any styling, etc. build-up out of my hair that can interfere with coloring, as in, the color not taking that well because there's the stylers still in there. But I always also do a protein treatment and deep moisturizing DT prior to coloring as well - that gives the hair a good foundation for the color to grab onto, plus the deep moisturizing effect of the DT.
  • pjjosephgisspjjosephgiss Registered Users Posts: 643
    caramix3a wrote: »
    Always, because I want to get any styling, etc. build-up out of my hair that can interfere with coloring, as in, the color not taking that well because there's the stylers still in there. But I always also do a protein treatment and deep moisturizing DT prior to coloring as well - that gives the hair a good foundation for the color to grab onto, plus the deep moisturizing effect of the DT.
    Thanks so much for the advice- when do you treat your hair? I am confused b/c i thought you have to put color on dry hair...after you do all that isn't your hair wet? I usually pre-poo before I wash, so should I do my normal prepoo routine before the color? thanks again!
    Hair type-BC: 2/2011-mix of kinks+ coils
    Wash-Bobeam Poo bars, As I Am Cleansing Pudding and Coconut Cowash cleansing condish
    LI/RO-Curl Junkie rehab, Shescentit Avocado condish, Oyin Hair dew
    DT-KBB Luscious Locks, Curl Junkie ANYthing, Shescentit Avocado condish
    Style- UFD, Camille Rose, Hello Curly, Kinky Curly
    Sealant- Jamaican Black Castor and Avocado oils, Qhemet Biologics Honey & Olive Hydrating Balm
    Will try any CG product at least once.
    Proud to be a PJ!
    :happy7::wave:
  • curlypearlcurlypearl Registered Users Posts: 12,231 Curl Connoisseur
    I don't pre-poo because I do put color on dry hair, which is the way the instructions read.

I think unless you have a great deal of buildup, or have used some really greasy product on your hair, the dye will penetrate - at least it does for me. However, Caramix makes some good points about doing a protein treatment and moisturizer before coloring.

So here's what I do. When I know I'm going to be using color, I pre-poo a few days in advance. Then I use a protein product and a very good moisturizer. I then style my hair in the usual way. After a few days, I color it. I DON"T use a protein product afterward because protein can strip color. However, this is one time when I definitely use a sulfate shampoo - to get all the color out, and I do use the same very moisturizing conditioner afterward.

I don't know anything about Herbashine. Good luck and please post back so we'll know how it came out on you.
    2/c Coarse hair med. density.
    Highly porous. Color over grey.
    I love all the Curl Junkie products. Still experimenting with gels and curl creams. Still hoping for 2nd day hair....
    Every day is a gift :flower:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file