CurlTalk

Thinning 4a Hair...sew in killed me!

KinkyYas123KinkyYas123 Posts: 1Registered Users
Hello ladies! I got a sew in at the end of January that I believe is the cause of my hair in the middle that was before perfectly healthy, thinning and feeling brittle. This is just saddening. A month has gone by and I find that the spot is mildly balding! I'm only 19! I can't have bald spots! What should I do to fix this? :(

Comments

• LadyV69LadyV69 Posts: 3,397Registered Users
    The weave may have been installed improperly. It's the main reason why I stopped getting them since they were jacking up my hair.

Take the weave out, then get some castor oil, biotin or rosemary oil and massage the spot for a few minutes a couple of times a day.
    Fine haired, low density, highly porous curly kinky lady
    Last relaxer: Not sure. 3/08 or 4/08
    BC'd: 9/18/09
    Co-wash: Suave Naturals, HEHH, Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle, CJ Daily Fix
    Leave-In: KCKT, Giovanni Direct Leave-In, CJ Smoothing Lotion
    Stylers: ORS Twist and Loc Gel, KCCC, Ecostyler, SheaMoisture Deep Treatment Masque
    Deep Conditioner: DevaCurl Heaven In Hair, CJ Deep Fix

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fconfessionsofladyv69.wordpress.com%2F" class="Popup
  • hippychichippychic Posts: 4,673Registered Users
    when braids gave my friend a bald spot in the crown, her derm prescribed rogaine for women. the patch filled back in completely.
    LOIS (OS); cottony, TYPE 4 hair, fine/med strands; no cones bcz my hair hates them; last relaxer '98; now low porosity:?, ignores most natural hair rules; BC #8

faves: suave, v05 shampoo, conditioner (my own), raw shea butter, castor oil, peanut oil, aloe juice
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]