CurlTalk

Kinky Curly line on sale at Target

Just was at my local Target to pick some Curling Custard up and the 8oz was priced at $4.98. I couldn't believe it and did a quick price check and that is what it came up for. Knot Today, Come Clean and Spiral Spritz where all $2.98. I picked up 6 Curling Cistards, 4 Knot Today's, one shampoo and one spiral spritz for $49 and change, I think they maybe clearing them out, but the price wasn't marked as clearance or even as on sale. Curly girls may want to check their local Targets!

Comments

• CurlyFireHorseCurlyFireHorse Posts: 350Registered Users
    argghhhh!!!! I just ordered some today. :angry3:
    But am glad you got a good deal :thumbright:
    CurlyFireHorse
    Hair: 2a or 3a (not sure), very porous and fine as frog hair
    Day 1: Cowash and condition with AO GPB, ACV Rinse,
    Co-Kra gel (this stuff is fantastic)

Day 2: KCKT, KCCC, plop, KCCC, plop again, air dry
    Day 3: Curly Kinks Satin Roots, Coil Jam
    Day 4: IAGirl's PT, KBB DT, FSG

Co-Kra gel is my own concoction of okra boiled in coconut milk. It is a cross between FSG and KCCC and leaves my hair very soft and shiny
  • vanek07vanek07 Posts: 86Registered Users
    Oh man that is an amazing deal!!! I was at my Target earlier this week and I didn't see any sale pricing though. Hm. I just ordered Knot Today and got it from online, but I love it so I would be willing to pick up some more for later if it's that price!
  • beeduhbeeduh Posts: 684Registered Users
    I've noticed everyone talking about these products, but I'm a little chicken on trying them out. Do they work well for fine hair? I think my porosity level is somewhere in the middle (still trying to figure this out though).
    CG as of Feb. 2012
    combination hair.
    2c on top - low elasticity
    3a&b scattered underneath - normal elasticity.
    fine texture. thin density. A lot of it.
    porosity: normal to high.
    loves protein and moisture.
    BSACV as needed.

products may vary. i'm a PJ.
    loving Curl Junkie, Curly Kinks, and AS I Am.
  • DevushkaDevushka Posts: 1,080Registered Users
    beeduh wrote: »
    I've noticed everyone talking about these products, but I'm a little chicken on trying them out. Do they work well for fine hair? I think my porosity level is somewhere in the middle (still trying to figure this out though).

I have pretty fine hair and normal porosity, and KCKT was the first leave-in that I actually liked (most other leave-ins I'd tried before then just sat on my hair and made it feel "product-y".)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]3b / Fine / Low (to Med) Density / Normal Porosity & Elasticity
    Currently Using [*Holy Grails*]
    Cleansers: DC No-Poo / DC Low-Poo / *BaSo & ACV*
    Co-Washes/ROs: CJ Beauticurls Argan & OO / DC OneC / Organicals DC Creme
    Additives: *Silk Amino Acids* / Honeyquat / Fragrance Oils
    LIs (found some!): KCKT / CJ Beauticurls LI / CJ Curl Assurance Smoothing Daily Condish
    DTs: *Coconut Oil* rinses / *Honey*, EVOO, & DC OneC / CJ Curl Rehab
    Sealer: *DM Super Buttercreme*
    Goal: APL Hair
    Devushka wrote: »
    I have pretty fine hair and normal porosity, and KCKT was the first leave-in that I actually liked (most other leave-ins I'd tried before then just sat on my hair and made it feel "product-y".)

I use some infusium 23 leave-in when I need to freshin up my curls or tame them in the mornings. It seems to work fine for me, though I haven't experimented with anything else. I'm still pretty new with all of these curly products. I've always noticed that when I do see some of these brands they're normally in the ethnic aisle. I've always thought that since my hair isn't "ethnic" or very "kinky" these products would not work for me. This site has actually taught me a lot about stuff like this though. But now that the door to all of these products have been open up to me (so to speak) I have no clue really what products to try. I've also wasted money on some products that have fates and cones in them that I bought right before I started CG.

Anyways, I'm rambling. What I want to ask is, what products have you found that work for you? and how do you do your DTs? I noticed your ingredients in your siggy.
    CG as of Feb. 2012
    combination hair.
    BSACV as needed.

• Corrina777Corrina777 Posts: 3,193Registered Users

I haven't tried the KCCC yet (but if I can get it for that price at Target I will be trying it very soon!). I use KCKT as a co-wash- it has amazing slip and it's really nice and light.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    3a/f/iii
    Modified CG since 11/5/11
    CLEANSE: CJ Daily Fix, DevaCare No-Poo, CHS Treatment Shampoo
    RO: SS Caitlin's Conditioner, CJ Beauticurls Strengthening
    LI: SS Repairing Protein Treatment, CHS Silk Leave-In
    STYLE: Re:Coil, Curl Keeper, Deva Ultra Defining Gel, Curls Rock Amplifier,Sweet Curls Elixirs Okra Gel and Hard Hold Gel, SS Curl Enhancing Jelly and Firm Hold Gel
  • wavynwild16wavynwild16 Posts: 2,121Registered Users
    All I can say is OMG. I have never gotten Kinky Curly products -- never even dared to sniff them, I should add -- because they're so darn expensive. :p But $5 is basically what I pay for my drugstore gels, and I've always been intrigued by KCCC. Why not now?!?! Although, it doesn't say anything about a sale on the Target website. Hmmm. That's so cool, though!! I hope the stuff works out great for you!
    Type 2c/3a with lots of hair and a super sensitive scalp! Med/slightly coarse texture, low porosity and elasticity.

Favorite...
    Low poo: Organix TTM, Essential Wholesale Free & Clean
    RO/LI: TN, GFTN, YTC
    Stylers: EcoStylers, GF Curl Shaping Gel, Aussie Aussome Volume Mousse & Instant Freeze Gel, GFPC, LALNC, La Bella Lots of Curls, Apricot Oil, KMFUM, AO B5DG
    Extras: sugar scrubs, AVG washes, pre-poos with EVCO, oiling scalp before washes, plopping, gelatin PT.
    Mod-CG since 12/1/10! :happy7:
    All I can say is OMG. I have never gotten Kinky Curly products -- never even dared to sniff them, I should add -- because they're so darn expensive. :p But $5 is basically what I pay for my drugstore gels, and I've always been intrigued by KCCC. Why not now?!?! Although, it doesn't say anything about a sale on the Target website. Hmmm. That's so cool, though!! I hope the stuff works out great for you!

I just checked the website too. I have a feeling I'm going to be venturing to Target after church tomorrow. I seriously considered leaving my house to go to Target when I saw the original post, but I had just gotten back from a karate tournament two hours away- no energy to move! But I really thought about it for this!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    3a/f/iii
    STYLE: Re:Coil, Curl Keeper, Deva Ultra Defining Gel, Curls Rock Amplifier,Sweet Curls Elixirs Okra Gel and Hard Hold Gel, SS Curl Enhancing Jelly and Firm Hold Gel
  • redcelticcurlsredcelticcurls Posts: 17,502Registered Users
    Maybe it was your Target. I bought Knot Today today, and it was regular price at my Target.

Siri types my posts for me.
    Kiva! Microfinance works.

Med/Coarse, porous curly.

I use some infusium 23 leave-in when I need to freshin up my curls or tame them in the mornings. It seems to work fine for me, though I haven't experimented with anything else. I'm still pretty new with all of these curly products. I've always noticed that when I do see some of these brands they're normally in the ethnic aisle. I've always thought that since my hair isn't "ethnic" or very "kinky" these products would not work for me. This site has actually taught me a lot about stuff like this though. But now that the door to all of these products have been open up to me (so to speak) I have no clue really what products to try. I've also wasted money on some products that have fates and cones in them that I bought right before I started CG.

Anyways, I'm rambling. What I want to ask is, what products have you found that work for you? and how do you do your DTs? I noticed your ingredients in your siggy.

The products I list in my sig are among ones I use with some regularity (I do use some products more often than others). I like having a variety of products I can use because my hair seems to like it when I switch things up and don't use ONLY one product to cleanse, or cowash, or DT, etc.

As with most products, I like alternating DTs, too. For manufacturer's DTs, I like CJ Curl Rehab a lot, but I also used CJ Argan and OO. For homemade DTs, I usually mix 1 tbsp each of honey, EVOO, and a CG conditioner (Most often DC OneC, but plenty of times I've also used CJ Argan and OO in this mix). To my homemade DTs, I also sometimes mix in silk amino acids or honeyquat.

Whether I'm using a manufacturer's or a homemade DT, one thing that I feel has been making a big difference is using a heat therapy wrap for about 20 minutes or so.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]3b / Fine / Low (to Med) Density / Normal Porosity & Elasticity
    LIs (found some!): KCKT / CJ Beauticurls LI / CJ Curl Assurance Smoothing Daily Condish
    The products I list in my sig are among ones I use with some regularity (I do use some products more often than others). I like having a variety of products I can use because my hair seems to like it when I switch things up and don't use ONLY one product to cleanse, or cowash, or DT, etc.

As with most products, I like alternating DTs, too. For manufacturer's DTs, I like CJ Curl Rehab a lot, but I also used CJ Argan and OO. For homemade DTs, I usually mix 1 tbsp each of honey, EVOO, and a CG conditioner (Most often DC OneC, but plenty of times I've also used CJ Argan and OO in this mix). To my homemade DTs, I also sometimes mix in silk amino acids or honeyquat.

Whether I'm using a manufacturer's or a homemade DT, one thing that I feel has been making a big difference is using a heat therapy wrap for about 20 minutes or so.

Wow. I only caught about half of what you said with all of the abbreviations. I'm still a newbie with all of this stuff. Where do you get silk amino acids and I've never heard of honeyquat. How do you do a heat wrap?

I think my hair does better when I switch up products as well. The only problem for me is trying to decide which products my hair would really like.
    CG as of Feb. 2012
    combination hair.
    BSACV as needed.

• SaraNoHSaraNoH Posts: 827Registered Users
    :O

can you go buy some more and we'll pay you + shipping??? You could totally become a Kinky Curly dealer :P

Definitely going to Target tomorrow. I've always wanted to try the Custard but it's so expensive.
    CG Birthday: 7/25/11
    Type 3a/2c
    Dense, Fine in front Coarse in back, Low porosity
    Low-Poo: SM Moisture Retention Shampoo
    Rinse Out: Tresemme Naturals
    Leave In: ^^^^
    Stylers: AIF, Natural Silks Curly Gel
    *Desert Curly*
  • wavynwild16wavynwild16 Posts: 2,121Registered Users
    Corrina777 wrote: »

I just checked the website too. I have a feeling I'm going to be venturing to Target after church tomorrow. I seriously considered leaving my house to go to Target when I saw the original post, but I had just gotten back from a karate tournament two hours away- no energy to move! But I really thought about it for this!

LOL, +1 to that!! I was thinking about which Target to hit up after church and what I can make an excuse to go there for...napkins? Food? It stinks when you can't think of anything!! :D
    Type 2c/3a with lots of hair and a super sensitive scalp! Med/slightly coarse texture, low porosity and elasticity.

Favorite...
    Low poo: Organix TTM, Essential Wholesale Free & Clean
    RO/LI: TN, GFTN, YTC
    Stylers: EcoStylers, GF Curl Shaping Gel, Aussie Aussome Volume Mousse & Instant Freeze Gel, GFPC, LALNC, La Bella Lots of Curls, Apricot Oil, KMFUM, AO B5DG
    Extras: sugar scrubs, AVG washes, pre-poos with EVCO, oiling scalp before washes, plopping, gelatin PT.
    Mod-CG since 12/1/10! :happy7:
  • doxieildoxieil Posts: 3Registered Users
    I checked the website and they are still regular price there. Maybe my Target is clearing them out?? I went to the one in Oswego, Il. I may try to go to the one in North Aurora later today. I'll post what I find when I get there. I would buy for all, but I bought all the Curling Custard they had left. Do you think it could be a pricing error?
    I love KCCC, but don't use it as much as I would like due to the price, I'm set for at least the rest of the year, maybe even the next two.
  • kimmidawnkimmidawn Posts: 900Registered Users
    This kind of makes me really excited :) I'm hoping it's the same at my Target and that they haven't already been cleared out.
    2b, fine texture, normal porosity & elasticity (CG as of 12/2011)

Low-poo: UFD Rich & Funky
    Cowash: VO5 Kiwi Lime
    RO: Tresemme Naturals, Aubrey Organics GPB, Ion Effective Care, MillCreek Keratin
    PT/DT: IAgirl's PT, GVP CB
    LI: KCKT, Cure Care, CJ CCCC Lite
    Styling: Curl Keeper, As I Am Jelly, UFD Curly Magic, CJ Curl Queen, TIGI Strong Hold Mousse

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2Fkdawn12%2F" class="Popup

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ^^ day 1 of going CG; avatar = 6 months later
  • dottybeandottybean Posts: 36Registered Users
    Went to my target just now and they had NONE left. They had the shampoo and I price zapped that and it was still $11.99
    Everything was regular price when i checked my Target today :cwm10:

It's probably just as well since I put in a huge order at aveyou last night.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    3a/f/iii
  • vanek07vanek07 Posts: 86Registered Users
    Yep it was all regular priced at my Target today. Maybe yours is special, OP. You got a good deal.
  • doxieildoxieil Posts: 3Registered Users
    I went to the one in Noeth Aurora and they were regular price there. Idid go back to the one in Oswego and the prices hadn't gone up. There was a lady ther and she told me she picked up five of the KCCC yesterday when she saw the deal. Idid pick up another three KT and two more of the Spritz. I wish they would have had more do the KCCC.
    Sorry guys, I really thought that the deal would be everywhere. I'll check again this Wed, see if they restock. If they do and the price hasn't gone up I'll let you know. I wouldnt mind picking them up and mailing them out to whoever wants them. It's such a good deal.
  • unicyclistunicyclist Posts: 181Registered Users
    I went to Target, but they didn't have the price cuts. However, the Target I go to only carries KCCC and KCKT. The one I went to today, though, has the shampoo and spritz. Usually I have to go to the mall to get the shampoo, and I hadnt tried the spritz yet. I bought it (heeheehee) and love it! Gets rid if frizz and might be a new HG!!!

So if it weren't for this post, I wouldn't have gotten the spritz. So thank you! :)
    Routine
    Weekly Shampoo: Kinky-Curly Come Clean + Coconut Oil
    Co-wash/RO: Cure Care Skin & Hair Conditioner
    LI: Kinky-Curly Knot Today
    Styler: Kinky-Curly Curling Custard

Techniques
    • combing to detangle and separate curls
    • scrunch 'n pump!
    • t-shirt turban
    Hair :love1: coconut oil and protein
    Hair :angry7: silicones, sulfates, glycerin, synthetic ingredients

2c/C/ii/low porosity. Growing out!
    *November- above chin
    *January- at chin
    *March- around collarbone
    :)
  • wendi.wendywendi.wendy Posts: 174Registered Users
    I'm in Illinois too -- I went over to 'my' store in Glendale Heights, just to check. My store has never had Kinky-Curly on the shelves before, but I went to the Target website and according to the site, it was in stock there. I was so excited!

When I got there, there were no Kinky-Curly products anywhere (although the website still shows it as in stock). I couldn't see a place anywhere on the shelves where it might have been, so I think they must not actually carry it.

Where in the store are you guys finding it? The way my store is laid out, there's cosmetics, and then an aisle with 'organic/natural' products (that's where they have Boots, Burts Bees, Desert Essence, SheaMoisture, Giovanni). Then there's an aisle or two of skin care, then regular hair products (shampoo, conditioner, styler). The last hair care aisle has a little section for ethnic hair care as well. I checked all those areas with no luck.

My store doesn't carry Curls or Miss Jessie's products either. I just don't get why the site says it's in stock at my store, when it clearly isn't carried there. Argh!
    ~ Wendi in IL
    3a - fine, colored hair w/normal porosity (loves protein!)
    CG since March 2010
    Co-Wash: V05, Suave or Cure Care
    Low Poo: Desert Essence
    Condish: GVP Balm, CJ Beauticurls Strengthening

Leave-In: Cure Care, KCKT
    Styler: SS FHG, Re-Coil, LALSG, BRHG

• unicyclistunicyclist Posts: 181Registered Users
    Oh! Even though the Kinky-Curly line didn't have a price cut, the product line right next to another line of products that were reduced to $4.98...the brand called Curls?
    Routine
    Weekly Shampoo: Kinky-Curly Come Clean + Coconut Oil
    Co-wash/RO: Cure Care Skin & Hair Conditioner
    LI: Kinky-Curly Knot Today
    Styler: Kinky-Curly Curling Custard

Techniques
    • combing to detangle and separate curls
    • scrunch 'n pump!
    • t-shirt turban
    Hair :love1: coconut oil and protein
    Hair :angry7: silicones, sulfates, glycerin, synthetic ingredients

2c/C/ii/low porosity. Growing out!
    *November- above chin
    *January- at chin
    *March- around collarbone
    :)
    I'm in Illinois too -- I went over to 'my' store in Glendale Heights, just to check. My store has never had Kinky-Curly on the shelves before, but I went to the Target website and according to the site, it was in stock there. I was so excited!

When I got there, there were no Kinky-Curly products anywhere (although the website still shows it as in stock). I couldn't see a place anywhere on the shelves where it might have been, so I think they must not actually carry it.

Where in the store are you guys finding it? The way my store is laid out, there's cosmetics, and then an aisle with 'organic/natural' products (that's where they have Boots, Burts Bees, Desert Essence, SheaMoisture, Giovanni). Then there's an aisle or two of skin care, then regular hair products (shampoo, conditioner, styler). The last hair care aisle has a little section for ethnic hair care as well. I checked all those areas with no luck.

My store doesn't carry Curls or Miss Jessie's products either. I just don't get why the site says it's in stock at my store, when it clearly isn't carried there. Argh!

My store has three hair care aisles. One for 'white' products, one for 'black' products, and one for equipment and accessories. Since the average person doesn't stray from 'their' aisle, the racial makeup of the customer base will partly determine who stocks Kinky Curly.

The suburban stores here don't stock it since those stores are too white. Out of the two that do stock it, one is in the city itself in a racially diverse area. The other is in a black majority neighborhood.

• valcavevalcave Posts: 27Registered Users
    Same deal here in Tennessee the knot today was the only product on sale though 2.98 I got 4 bottl:laughing8:es of it.
    Same deal here in Tennessee the knot today was the only product on sale though 2.98 I got 4 bottl:laughing8:es of it.
    Sorry double post:cyclops:
  • allaboutcurlsallaboutcurls Posts: 2Registered Users
    Its not a good idea to buy products from these types of places you are better off ordering them direct im a licensed cosmetologist and we were always told to never buy product from stores like target walmart ect because they have the ability to water down the product i just read two reviews where ppl said they used these products from target and they did not work if they work for you great but if not thats probably why and that maybe why they are so cheap i just thought i would share that information with you
    Thanks allaboutcurls, I must say though my first purchase was online and the knot today I bought at Target was no different and works the same.

Wow. I only caught about half of what you said with all of the abbreviations. I'm still a newbie with all of this stuff. Where do you get silk amino acids and I've never heard of honeyquat. How do you do a heat wrap?

I think my hair does better when I switch up products as well. The only problem for me is trying to decide which products my hair would really like.

Sorry about that. Yes, the abbreviations here will be the end of you. :laughing6: CJ = Curl Junkie; OO = olive oil; EVOO = extra virgin olive oil; DT = deep treatment; = DC OneC = DevaCurl One Condition; CG = Curly Girl (Lorraine Massey's book and prescribed method of curly hair care).

I got the SAA (silk amino acids) and honeyquat online from LotionCrafter.com. You can get a heat wrap online, too, or at Sally's (where I got mine). It's just a cap with pockets all over where you insert these gel packets that come with it. You put the whole thing in the microwave (follow the instructions that come with it), and then you put it on your hair (to which you've already applied a DT and covered with one of those shower cap things). The gel packets hold heat, so you can leave the cap on for 20 or more.

HTH :-)
    Its not a good idea to buy products from these types of places you are better off ordering them direct im a licensed cosmetologist and we were always told to never buy product from stores like target walmart ect because they have the ability to water down the product i just read two reviews where ppl said they used these products from target and they did not work if they work for you great but if not thats probably why and that maybe why they are so cheap i just thought i would share that information with you

If you check the Kinky Curly website, Target is one of the authorized resellers. It's not watered down stuff.