Should I go to this stylist?

sheilacurlsheilacurl Registered Users Posts: 1,240 Curl Neophyte
Hi Ladies,

Should I let a new stylist use permanent color all over my hair as a base color or should she be using a lesser damaging demi? I've been told in the past never to put permanent dye on the bottom half of your hair, is that true?

Should I tell her what I think and want or just trust that she knows what she's doing?

Thanks and btw, my appt. with her is today at 3, I've been debating wether or not to cancel, I had a consultation with her yesterday.
Upper Michigan Dews
3a ~ Fine ~ High Porosity ~ Normal Density

NoPoo: JC Cleansing Cream
Rinse Outs: SS:PRT, CJ Repair Me, CJ Argan
Detangler: KCKT
Leave-in: CJ Repair me
Stylers: UFDCM, BRHG
Refreshers: Batiste (dry shampoo) on the roots & UFDCM everywhere else

iHerb Discount Code: SAF007

Comments

• WurlyLoxWurlyLox Registered Users Posts: 4,858 Curl Neophyte
    Definitely speak up and tell any stylist what you think and want. Never blindly trust one. At least you had a consultation. Now, go with your gut based on how you felt about her and her knowledge after that.

Any of them will tell you they're curly experts, color experts, etc., but it ain't necessarily so!

See if you can find some on-line reviews and see what past customers have to say: Kudzu.com, Citysearch.com, Angieslist.com (have to pay to join), this site - there are lots of others.

If you don't find anything at any of these, try just entering "hair stylist reviews" and your city in a search engine (I like dogpile.com) and see if you come up with anything.
    2C/3A/3B - modified CG - fairly fine now, normal/low porosity/normal elasticity

Current Main Rotation: MG217 medicated or Aim2Health 'poos for scalp, Elucence cond., Spiral Solutions Protein & Deeply Decadent Cond., CJCCCC reg or lite,CJ Pattern Pusha,, Giovanni LA Hold Hair Spritz + lots more, sporadically

HG Method: Super Soaker + Smasters-ing, brief upside down diffusing w/360o diffuser then clips/clamps & air dry. Newly gray - stopped my henna glosses!

www.fotki.com/auntnett
  • WurlyLoxWurlyLox Registered Users Posts: 4,858 Curl Neophyte
    Check out our own StruttsWife's color tips
    2C/3A/3B - modified CG - fairly fine now, normal/low porosity/normal elasticity

Current Main Rotation: MG217 medicated or Aim2Health 'poos for scalp, Elucence cond., Spiral Solutions Protein & Deeply Decadent Cond., CJCCCC reg or lite,CJ Pattern Pusha,, Giovanni LA Hold Hair Spritz + lots more, sporadically

HG Method: Super Soaker + Smasters-ing, brief upside down diffusing w/360o diffuser then clips/clamps & air dry. Newly gray - stopped my henna glosses!

www.fotki.com/auntnett

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file