Today I used Curl Keeper by itself, and..

MyrnaMyrna Posts: 2,472Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
I got great hair. Great! I am very happy. I realize that in the summer and humidity (I live in Wisconsin), this may not be the case, but for right now it is actually better alone than with a Biotera product for styling. Its really great to only have to use one styling product. I was hesitant to use it alone until Gretchen said she uses it alone. Thank you, Gretchen! and Ashley from frizzoff.com uses it alone also. I would encourage others to try it!

Comments

• WurlyLoxWurlyLox Posts: 4,858Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Most who like it seem to especially like it for humidity and high dewpoints, so since you like it now, maybe you've found your year-round HG!
    2C/3A/3B - modified CG - fairly fine now, normal/low porosity/normal elasticity

Current Main Rotation: MG217 medicated or Aim2Health 'poos for scalp, Elucence cond., Spiral Solutions Protein & Deeply Decadent Cond., CJCCCC reg or lite,CJ Pattern Pusha,, Giovanni LA Hold Hair Spritz + lots more, sporadically

HG Method: Super Soaker + Smasters-ing, brief upside down diffusing w/360o diffuser then clips/clamps & air dry. Newly gray - stopped my henna glosses!

www.fotki.com/auntnett
  • GretchenGretchen Administrator Posts: 10,840Moderators Curl Virtuoso
    I'm so glad, Myrna! Nice to be able to simplify, isn't it?

Gretchen
    NaturallyCurly.com co-founder
    3A

You are beautiful!
  • MyrnaMyrna Posts: 2,472Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Sure is! : )
  • NocurlB4babiesNocurlB4babies Posts: 179Registered Users
    I don't have trouble with frizz thankfully, but I've heard that is what most people use this product for. I was curious if it boosts your curl as well? I've been debating on this product, since so many love it. If it only calms frizz issues and doesn't offer curl enhancement, then it may not be for me. I'd love to hear your thoughts.
    2b/3a fine/med-hi density/high porosity (I think)/ highlight-no silicones/sulfates
    Lo-poo - ABBA Gentle Shampoo/ Shea Moisture Curl & Shine
    Conditioner: GVCB (love it!)/ Regis OO
    Leave in
    : As I Am
    Co-Wash: Tresemme or DevaCurl NoPoo
    Stylers: As I Am Curling Jelly/GF Pure Clean/ LALCurl gel - all with BRHG added
    Style: scrunch/ diffuse, then air dry. I don't Have much frizz at all
    It most definitely boots my curl, and the volume as well. Yesterday, when I used it alone, my curls drooped a bit by the end of the day, and were a bit "softer" than I like. Today I am using just a dime size blot of Biotera Gel for more hold. It gives me great shine too. Try a small bottle! if it doesnt work for you, let me know.
  • CurlsnswirlsCurlsnswirls Posts: 865Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Today I used a leave in, sealed with oil and the only product I used was also curl keeper and my hair turned out awesome!! I've never been able to do this. I think since my hair is in better shape, I don't need to layer products as much. I really hope this continues to work for me. I live in Colorado and had given up on this working for me. I had purchased it for my daughter and decided to give it one more try, so glad I did!!
    :wav:
    Did you use the LI over the CK, or the CK over the LI?
    I used my leave in and oil (few drops) under the CK. my hair still looks great today :love10:!!
  • GretchenGretchen Administrator Posts: 10,840Moderators Curl Virtuoso
    Awesome, Curlsnswirls!

Gretchen
    NaturallyCurly.com co-founder
    3A

You are beautiful!
    Used curl keeper again today as my only styler. Our dew point is 12 today. I can't believe how great my hair looks! So shiny and defined! I'm really hoping that this will work all year round for me, that would be wonderful!! I've been experimenting with different leave ins and so far it's worked fantastic with whichever one I choose. :blob5::blob5:
  • Corrina777Corrina777 Posts: 3,204Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Myrna wrote: »
    It most definitely boots my curl, and the volume as well. Yesterday, when I used it alone, my curls drooped a bit by the end of the day, and were a bit "softer" than I like. Today I am using just a dime size blot of Biotera Gel for more hold. It gives me great shine too. Try a small bottle! if it doesnt work for you, let me know.

Myrna, how did this work with the Biotera gel? Tried CK alone over LI and it has promise, but I think I need just a bit more hold. Did you layer or just mix the two together? Thanks!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    3a/f/iii
    Modified CG since 11/5/11
    CLEANSE: CJ Daily Fix, DevaCare No-Poo, CHS Treatment Shampoo
    RO: SS Caitlin's Conditioner, CJ Beauticurls Strengthening
    LI: SS Repairing Protein Treatment, CHS Silk Leave-In
    STYLE: Re:Coil, Curl Keeper, Deva Ultra Defining Gel, Curls Rock Amplifier,Sweet Curls Elixirs Okra Gel and Hard Hold Gel, SS Curl Enhancing Jelly and Firm Hold Gel
    HI, Corinna, I have not used CK for a few days now, I went back to using mousse and some gel. But, I plan to try it again either later today or tomorrow. I did not mix them together. I used a bit of gel over CK. However, when I use it again, I think I will do what I have been doing with the mousse: Apply CK (instead of mousse), and scrunch some emulsified gel close to my scalp for volume and then just smooth the remainder over the ends.
  • twirlygrannytwirlygranny Posts: 1,114Banned Users Curl Neophyte
    I really like CK but have never used it alone...always with a leave-in...I will have to try it that way. Today I used it with a leave-in and AOMM.
    HI, Corinna, I have not used CK for a few days now, I went back to using mousse and some gel. But, I plan to try it again either later today or tomorrow. I did not mix them together. I used a bit of gel over CK. However, when I use it again, I think I will do what I have been doing with the mousse: Apply CK (instead of mousse), and scrunch some emulsified gel close to my scalp for volume and then just smooth the remainder over the ends.

Thank you! I love how soft my hair is feeling and how shiny it is. It's just a little less defined than I would prefer. So I want to keep playing around with this more. This was also the first time I got good results with CK when I air dryed. I've always needed to diffuse.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    3a/f/iii
    STYLE: Re:Coil, Curl Keeper, Deva Ultra Defining Gel, Curls Rock Amplifier,Sweet Curls Elixirs Okra Gel and Hard Hold Gel, SS Curl Enhancing Jelly and Firm Hold Gel
  • BlackAngelPlayahBlackAngelPlayah Posts: 1,419Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    It's such a great feeling finding what works- and even BETTER when it saves you money!! One or 2 products is way cheaper than 6! :) Congrats on your success!

Jen :D

😜🍸Sent LIVE from my JPhone 4 using some CurlTalk app. 😜🍸

http://AfroCurls.wordpress.com
    :afro:FroZen:afro:
    I've played with this a few more times. I ended up mixing some Biotera gel in with Curl Keeper then applying it to my hair (about 1 part gel to 3-4 parts CK). It was exactly what my hair needed. I got a ton of compliments!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    3a/f/iii
    Corrina, I see we are both getting Deva cuts this week, so I think my CK may be a product of the past...assuming I use the Deva system, which I will have to evaluate. In any event, I have not been thrilled with CK and will probably have a bottle on the swap board sometime soon. : (
    I still have some Deva products in my stash- I used Deva exclusively for about two years before I actually heard of CG. I got amazing results at first, then I got frustrated (in retrospect, my technique was way off, then I added a cone-filled serum which made things even worse). I've tried using No-Poo and OneC since starting CG, but especially after trying CJ products I found DevaCurl wasn't moisturizing enough. I was considering trying the DevaCare instead, but I need to kill some stash first because my PJ tendencies have left my bathroom overrun with hair goo.

Good luck with your Devacut Friday!!! I can't wait to hear about it!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    3a/f/iii
    Corrina, I thought that the Devacurl line was more moistuizing than the Devacare products...I could be wrong, though. I have resisted this method, and resisted and resisted, but nothing I have been doing for the last year has worked really well; my hair has just not looked good. A hair stylist client of mine agreed with me today - that I had to do something with my hair! Well, that was it. Good luck with your cut also!
    Corrina, I see we are both getting Deva cuts this week, so I think my CK may be a product of the past...assuming I use the Deva system, which I will have to evaluate. In any event, I have not been thrilled with CK and will probably have a bottle on the swap board sometime soon. : (

I will keep an eye on the swap board :). I love Devacurl and Devacurl! Hopefully it will go well for you.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file