We’d like your help getting CurlTalk back on its feet!

By participating on CurlTalk — posting, commenting, liking — in the next few weeks, you will automatically be entered to win amazing prizes.

Our latest winner is Savagegirl!

CurlyCanadian, Bomega and EllaJ have also won wonderful prizes! Will you be next? Post, like, comment, GET ACTIVE and help us get CurlTalk ENERGIZED again!

Learn more!

cell phone call blocking help....

frxncrlsfrxncrls Posts: 252Registered Users Curl Neophyte
Is there a way to block outgoing calls on a cell phone so the number does not appear on caller id? I have been told you can do that, but it hasn't worked for me.....

TIA!
in humidity hell south Florida or high and dry Colorado
CG since 2005
2a, 2b, 3b - fine hair, low density - low/normal porosity
washing: cj curl assurance gentle cleansing, cj daily fix, as i am coconut cowash
conditioning: cj smoothing, cj strengthening, giovanni 50/50 balance, darcy's pumpkin seed, kinky curly knot today
styling: homemade fsg, kinky curly curling custard, cj pattern pusha
pt: cj curl fix, cj repair me
avoid: humectants, polyquats

Comments

• PixieCurlPixieCurl Posts: 5,656Registered Users
    I think you need to call your cell company (Verizon, Cingular, or whomever) and tell them you want your number unlisted - be specific that you want it to show as "Restricted Number".
    Faith, 3Aish redhead
    Mama to two wild superheroes and a curly-headed baby boy :love5:
  • DominicanaHeatDominicanaHeat Posts: 2,729Registered Users
    It all depends on your provider but T-Mobile has that option in the "call" settings. It says "send my caller ID" and you can have it set to network default, yes or no to block it when you call others.
    3a/3b thick coarse WL dark brown hair. CG/Mod CG since: 5/4/05. Current products: Right now my hair is in such a tizzy over this winter weather we are hving that nothing really seems to be working. I need a haircut.
  • texascurlytexascurly Posts: 1,967Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I think you can use the old *67 before the number that you are calling if you just want to block a certain number.
  • JessicurlJessicurl Posts: 401Registered Users
    texascurly wrote:
    I think you can use the old *67 before the number that you are calling if you just want to block a certain number.

I think that only works on land lines, and not cell phones. My new cell has an option to block the caller id, but I have to chose it for each call I make.
    If you're not going to make your dreams epic, why bother to dream anything at all? -Scott Miller
  • scrillsscrills Posts: 6,700Registered Users
    Jessicurl wrote:
    texascurly wrote:

I think that only works on land lines, and not cell phones. My new cell has an option to block the caller id, but I have to chose it for each call I make.

I've used this on a cell phone. I would test it first (I always mix up *82 and *67)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file