CurlTalk

Second Guessing?!?!?

chocolatebeauty92chocolatebeauty92 Posts: 13Registered Users
How do you ladies feel about wearing your natural hair after wearing a quick weave or full-sewin. Since I have been away at school I have had braids and a weave, but next year I want to wear my real hair, but I do not know how to mentally deal with transition considering the fact that I started out wearing fake hair. I feel like I should just suck it up and do what is best for my hair. Please reply and tell me what you all think.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using CurlTalk App

Comments

• FronomenalFronomenal Posts: 712Registered Users
    I don't wear weaves but...if you want to wear your real hair just do it!
    Big Chop: 12/15/08

Shampoo: As I Am Curl Clarity Shampoo
    Conditioner: As I Am Hydration Elation Intensive Conditioner &
    Tresemme Botanique Nourish and Replenish Conditioner
    Leave-In Conditioner: As I Am Leave-In Conditioner & Alba Botanica Leave-In Conditioner
    Moisturizer: As I Am DoubleButter Cream Rich Daily Moisturizer
    Oils/Butters: Coconut Oil & Castor Oil
    Gels: Eco Styler Krystal Gel

~ iHerb Discount Code: EFE310 ~
  • naturalnewbnaturalnewb Posts: 193Registered Users
    I have never been much of a weave wearer, but I was a long-term transitioner so I can kind of relate to your anxiety. When I did my big chop, it took me a couple of weeks to feel completely comfortable with my natural hair. Lol it took about a month before I stopped scaring myself when I'd catch quick glimpses of myself in a mirror or window (WTH is going on with my--oh right, I have an afro....). Just give yourself a couple weeks with natural hair...there will be an adjustment period but you'll come to love it. Besides you can always rock a weave if you want to spice up your look on occasion.
  • parislarueparislarue Posts: 235Registered Users
    it took about a month before I stopped scaring myself when I'd catch quick glimpses of myself in a mirror or window (WTH is going on with my--oh right, I have an afro....).

LOL
    3C .....thru......10Z
    Holy Grail Products:
    KCCC, KT

Nothing exudes confidence like a woman comfortable in her own skin.

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fmembers.fotki.com%2Fparislarue%2Fabout%2F" class="Popup
  • adthomasadthomas Posts: 5,525Registered Users
    Why not switcht it up? I have only done weave once and didnt like it but i do wear wigs. I like how with wigs you change your look easily and go back and forth. Some days people see my hair. Some days they dont. The wigs I wear are straight and short but most people think that is my hair and the long curly real hair is a weave o maybe texturizer.
    Yes, it's real. No, you can't touch it. :wav:
  • MissKrisMissKris Posts: 288Registered Users
    I love hair......period! Whether it's mine or not. Changing up my look makes me feel even more flyy than I already am. And I don't always have time or energy to deal with my own hair (plus I live in the desert).

Sometimes I rock the Jill Scott, other times I do the Aaliyah, and if I'm extra lazy, I do the India Arie type scarf........ Don't be afraid, boo. You're flyy!!!!!!

Sent from my SPH-M910 using CurlTalk App
  • Mesha18Mesha18 Posts: 5Registered Users
    I agree i love hair! I rock my natuarl and weave. Just do you

Sent from my SGH-T959V using CurlTalk App