Kinky-Curly not working anymore?

I was co-washing with KCKT for a while and using KCCC with awesome results! However, my hair started getting greasy and gross, so I clarified with ACV. I had a great hair day. I didn't think it'd be bad to do an ACV rinse two times a week because it was pretty diluted, so I did another one three days later. My hair wouldn't really curl anymore, and it felt greasy again.

I bought Come Clean and got suuuuper soft, moisturized hair when used with KCKT and KCCC, but it wasn't curling well. I tried again today and still not curling as much.

Is my hair damaged from ACV or shampooing? Thanks!
Routine
Weekly Shampoo: Kinky-Curly Come Clean + Coconut Oil
Co-wash/RO: Cure Care Skin & Hair Conditioner
LI: Kinky-Curly Knot Today
Styler: Kinky-Curly Curling Custard

Techniques
  • combing to detangle and separate curls
  • scrunch 'n pump!
  • t-shirt turban
Hair :love1: coconut oil and protein
Hair :angry7: silicones, sulfates, glycerin, synthetic ingredients

2c/C/ii/low porosity. Growing out!
*November- above chin
*January- at chin
*March- around collarbone
:)

Comments

• Geek_ChicGeek_Chic Posts: 1,275Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Sounds like you might need a shot of protein. Not curling well is a sign you may be overconditioned. Feeling greasy can be due to several things, buildup for one, but if ACV and Come Clean aren't fixing the problem, I'd figure it's not buildup.

I don't know what your porosity /texture are, but you might try a pt and see if it perks up your waves. I've gotten great results with IAGirl's.
    CG since 11/2011
    2c /3a F /Mii, low porosity

Go To Products /Routine:
    Clarifying: Suave Essentials Strawberry
    Low Poo: Renpure Luxurious Argan Oil
    CO: Suave Essentials Strawberry, V05 Kiwi Lime
    RO /LI: Tresemme Perfectly (un)Done, Cure Care, V05 Kiwi Lime Squeeze, Suave Essentials Strawberry, Renpure Brazilian Keratin (old formula)
    Stylers: LALSG, AIF, HETT, Suave Professionals Firm Control
    PT: IAGirl's as needed
  • kathymackkathymack Posts: 9,999Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    You need to determine you hair properties. Here's a link to help with that: Live Curly Live Free - Home

Fine or porous hair generally likes protein. My fine/low porosity hair never met a protein it didn't like. I do at least one PT a week and use a lot of products with protein.

Many of us rotate products because our hair satiates on any one thing. I had to do that back in my shampoo/conditioner only days, too. I wet, use a rinse out and style every day. Seldom use any one product more then every five days.

Once you determine your hair properties, you can look for other folks with hair like yours and see what they use (in signatures.) It's the best place to start.
    3a (Corkicelli), highlighted, fine, low porosity
    SE PA

HGs: Anything Sevi; Curly Kinks Satin Roots, Curlycue ReNew and Coil Jam; homemade FSG and okra gel; soap bars; UFD Curly Magic; Botanical Spirits Jellies, CJ Repair Me, Aloe Fix
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file