So apparently Wendy Williams didn't like Viola's stunningly beautiful look.

124»

Comments

  • knt1229knt1229 Posts: 93Registered Users
    AmberBrown wrote: »
    knt1229 wrote: »
    And btw..don't try to psychoanalyze folks that you don't know.

    Like you psychoanalyzed WW as self-hating or whatever?

    The hypocrisy is STRONG all up in this thread.

    I admire the dedication to the cause though, :notworthy:

    The lengths folks are going to to....this is a very hot topic, and that sort of speaks for itself, I think.

    I sure did.

    You think WW's right. I think she's wrong. Cool. It is what it is.

    I'm not going to change my mind and you won't change yours...and the beat goes on.
  • knt1229knt1229 Posts: 93Registered Users
    *Marah* wrote: »
    knt1229 wrote: »
    *Marah* wrote: »

    If I didn't want to read what you said.. I wouldn't have. I'm trying to discuss with you. Now if YOU don't want to discuss it anymore.. just say that.. I already know what I can do and don't need any help. I got it.

    Back to the SUBJECT of your post:
    So frickken what a white person "appreciated a sista". Why does it always have to come down to that.. cause a white person did something a negro didn't. SO ? Does a black person have to big up what every negro does just cause they share the same racial background ? Should you big up Herman Cain cause he black and you are black ? I mean you know some white folks appreciated a brotha. That's bogus. You know it..and I know it.

    WW doesn't owe Viola anything simply because both of them are black. If she didn't like the doggone hairstyle for the red carpet..she just didn't. It doesn't have to be some underlying issue she MUST have with natural hair.

    Maybe WW's opinion is horse manure..but if it is.. yours can easily fit that category as well. :)

    Well, you know what you can do with my opinion if you don't like it.

    We don't agree that's obvious. You constantly telling me that my opinion has no more value than Wendy's isn't going to change my mind.

    WW doesn't have to like kinky hair just because she's black. But I find it strange that a black person wouldn't like something that is authentic to many members of the race.

    If you think WW's opinion is all good then hey rep that **** to the fullest. But don't try to force it on me because I don't agree with WW's opinion at all.

    Kinky hair is acceptable to me on the red carpet, at the mall, at home or anywhere else. I rock mine all day everyday.

    Okay..okay..blah blah..yada yada..and whatever.


    LOL!
  • knt1229knt1229 Posts: 93Registered Users
    *Marah* wrote: »
    knt1229 wrote: »
    *Marah* wrote: »


    The fact is WW not perpetuating any idea that kinky hair isn't acceptable. You and many others are READING that into it simply because that's what you want to do. You and many others come off as hyper sensitive about it because it offends your own sensibilities as a person with natural hair or an affinity for it which in turn translates into issues with black beauty... because there is no other logical reasoning and evidence that proves otherwise.

    Dismissing her hair issues and saying you don't care she praises natural hair..doesn't change the facts.

    First off your opinion isn't a fact it's just an opinion. Secondly, when you start a comment with you don't want to offend but...it pretty much seals the deal that you don't approve of something. So because of your sensibilties, insecurities or whatever you have going on you have decided that I have a personal problem. When the reality is I don't agree with what she said. She didn't say she doesn't like short hair, she didn't say she doesn't like TWA's or that hairstyle. She began with saying she didn't want to offend naturals which means she doesn't like the hair itself.

    It's kind of like when your white friend says no offense to black people but most of them are criminals. It doesn't change the fact that what they are saying is racist. But I guess someone like you would say, "Oh, she can't be racist or hold racist belief because she has black friends."

    And btw..don't try to psychoanalyze folks that you don't know.

    Yeah it is a fact. The evidence speaks for itself. If you choose to ignore those facts that's a separate issue. I'm personally not arguing that WW didn't approve of the hairstyle but it was specifically FOR THE EVENT. You are reading more into the comment she made..that's another fact based on evidence.

    I don't have any insecurities about any of this discussion. So all of that BS you are talking in the middle trying to be slick with the mouth.. you can miss me on it. Cause I'm not trying to go to the nasty, rude, and one up a sista snapping neck and rolling eyes bs talk. I'm just trying to have a discussion with you. Nothing more.

    I don't have any white friends that would say some BS like what you posted so it's irrelevant as far as I'm concerned. If you have white friends like that..get better friends I guess.

    Take your own advice and don't psycholanalyze folks YOU don't know..cause you are sure bending backwards, forwards, and sideways to do it with Wendy. So it's a lot of the pot calling the kettle where you are concerned on this particular issue.

    Look.. I think we better end this.. I agree to disagree with you. No hard feelings on my end. Take care..if you have to get the last word..so be it.

    Blah blah yada yada ....whatever.
  • *Marah**Marah* Posts: 8,032Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    AmberBrown wrote: »
    knt1229 wrote: »
    And btw..don't try to psychoanalyze folks that you don't know.

    Like you psychoanalyzed WW as self-hating or whatever?

    The hypocrisy is STRONG all up in this thread.

    I admire the dedication to the cause though, :notworthy:

    The lengths folks are going to to....this is a very hot topic, and that sort of speaks for itself, I think.

    LOL! You are funny. Hee hee! :headbang:
    tumblr_m9jonzYZmu1re7hjjo1_250.jpg
  • AmberBrownAmberBrown Posts: 1,072Registered Users
    knt1229 wrote: »
    AmberBrown wrote: »
    knt1229 wrote: »
    And btw..don't try to psychoanalyze folks that you don't know.

    Like you psychoanalyzed WW as self-hating or whatever?

    The hypocrisy is STRONG all up in this thread.

    I admire the dedication to the cause though, :notworthy:

    The lengths folks are going to to....this is a very hot topic, and that sort of speaks for itself, I think.

    I sure did.

    You think WW's right. I think she's wrong. Cool. It is what it is.

    I'm not going to change my mind and you won't change yours...and the beat goes on.

    And you can psychoanalyze me too! Without me saying a word on the subject, even! Freud would be proud lol.

    But really, I haven't even seen pics of her on the red carpet. And I don't feel strong emotion about her hair either way.
  • *Marah**Marah* Posts: 8,032Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Amber you didn't see Viola.. oh my goodness.. she looked amazing. For me she was one of the best styled from head to toe there and I've seen ALL the pics of the main stars. And her husband.. HALLELUYERRRR. violadavisss.jpg
    tumblr_m9jonzYZmu1re7hjjo1_250.jpg
  • knt1229knt1229 Posts: 93Registered Users
    AmberBrown wrote: »
    knt1229 wrote: »
    AmberBrown wrote: »

    Like you psychoanalyzed WW as self-hating or whatever?

    The hypocrisy is STRONG all up in this thread.

    I admire the dedication to the cause though, :notworthy:

    The lengths folks are going to to....this is a very hot topic, and that sort of speaks for itself, I think.

    I sure did.

    You think WW's right. I think she's wrong. Cool. It is what it is.

    I'm not going to change my mind and you won't change yours...and the beat goes on.

    And you can psychoanalyze me too! Without me saying a word on the subject, even! Freud would be proud lol.

    But really, I haven't even seen pics of her on the red carpet. And I don't feel strong emotion about her hair either way.

    Look all I did was give an opinion. Now ya'll trying to act like you are proving some big point about hypocrisy when the point of a message board is to discuss.

    I see WW and hear her speak all the time I have an opinion as do most people who are familiar with her. Just as most people have opinions on public figures because much of what they do and say is public.

    You or the other girl tried to tell me, a complete stranger on a message board, all this mess about how I feel about black beauty when I rarely ever post here. You haven't heard anything I have to say on black beauty only what I have said in this thread.

    This type of debate goes on on all black hairboards. You all aren't breaking any new ground or calling anyone out.

    It's hilarious that your only defense on the subject is that people who disagree with you are hypocrites. And it's even more hilarious that you think you have really made some type of point.

    I guess....LMAO. SMH.
  • KeenyliciousKeenylicious Posts: 2,320Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    i just noticed something else, and now i see why this convo has taken this particular turn...
    tumblr_lr2y4sUYNh1qb5gkjo1_250.gif
  • AmberBrownAmberBrown Posts: 1,072Registered Users
    I think he looks sorta like an older Idris Elba. And she is wearing the hell out of that dress.

    Boobies. :cyclops:
  • KeenyliciousKeenylicious Posts: 2,320Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    AmberBrown wrote: »
    I think he looks sorta like an older Idris Elba. And she is wearing the hell out of that dress.

    Boobies. :cyclops:
    right?! she has a nice set of tittays on her. i hope mine are siting up like that at her age.
    tumblr_lr2y4sUYNh1qb5gkjo1_250.gif
  • Chicago KinksChicago Kinks Posts: 2,748Registered Users Curl Novice
    Omg, this WAS a fun light hearted thread.

    Keeny - I know the show very well, thx

    I see now my point was TOTALLY missed, this has turned into the whole angry black girl militant natural BS and that isn't what it was about but whateva...I'm done.

    vIa tHiS rAgEdY aSs pHoNe
    **sophisticated ignorance, I type my cuss words in cursive**

    Current Rotation (always changing): Curl Junkie Curl Rehab as my Leave-In, Blended Beauty Happy Nappy Styles, Entwine Argan Oil, Bobeam Shampoo Bars, QB CTDG and QB AHTB, UFD Curly Magic, B.A.S.K Anything.


    http://www.platinumpj.com
    http://www.facebook.com/PlatinumPJ
    @PlatinumPJ
  • KeenyliciousKeenylicious Posts: 2,320Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    i didn't say or imply that YOU weren't familiar w/ the show... i just didn't understand why the comparison was so offensive to you. i posted the pic to be clear about who the person WW was comparing viola, to for my sake.
    tumblr_lr2y4sUYNh1qb5gkjo1_250.gif
  • Chicago KinksChicago Kinks Posts: 2,748Registered Users Curl Novice
    i didn't say or imply that YOU weren't familiar w/ the show... i just didn't understand why the comparison was so offensive to you. i posted the pic to be clear about who the person WW was comparing viola, to for my sake.

    Neither the show or any of the characters are offensive to me, I liked the show, its just a "casual" show based in a classroom. The comparison of Viola's hair to that of the "casualness" of all of the characters on the show. Its in a classroom with sneakers and you have Viola in a ball gown looking elegant and all that WW could come up with is that show? That is it....Nothing major, nothing race related, no underlying tones, none of that. WW didn't even say a specific character from the show.

    The thread took a bad turn when an "implied" angry black girl, hypocrisy, militant natural theory was introduced, that is hilarious to me. I have fully admitted I am militant but everything I say and or do is not race related. I have a sense of humor and find humor in a lot of topics.
    We were talking isht, many do that on here....still not sure why/how this thread got out of hand. Well I know how just don't understand why when they were merely jokes.

    Again, it was fun in the beginning.......

    vIa tHiS rAgEdY aSs pHoNe
    **sophisticated ignorance, I type my cuss words in cursive**

    Current Rotation (always changing): Curl Junkie Curl Rehab as my Leave-In, Blended Beauty Happy Nappy Styles, Entwine Argan Oil, Bobeam Shampoo Bars, QB CTDG and QB AHTB, UFD Curly Magic, B.A.S.K Anything.


    http://www.platinumpj.com
    http://www.facebook.com/PlatinumPJ
    @PlatinumPJ
  • KeenyliciousKeenylicious Posts: 2,320Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    the hypocrisy i was referring to involves convos that only i, and the ppl i'm referring to know about. i just think it's funny that some ppl are in here applying this "ugly ppl can't talk about others" logic, but i don't see them saying anything about certain members when THEY throw shade almost weekly.

    anyway, i see your point now, thanks for the explanation. your reason seems to be different from everyone elses, though.

    i think this thread took a turn little before that point, and i think it took a turn w/ one particular poster, but eh, i could be biased.
    tumblr_lr2y4sUYNh1qb5gkjo1_250.gif

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file