So apparently Wendy Williams didn't like Viola's stunningly beautiful look.

24

Comments

  • *Marah**Marah* Posts: 8,032Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    CocoT wrote: »
    *Marah* wrote: »
    Wendy Williams is doing the same ish most people do..like all of yall are doing on this thread. Saying what they find attractive and what they don't. She's not any different than anyone up on here that has laughed at the jokes about her or said something rude regarding her looks.

    I feel like so what.. she doesn't find Viola's Oscar look pretty.. so. Big effin deal. Not everyone has to think Viola is drop dead gorgeous. I personally loved Viola's Oscar look from head to toe. But I don't think she's beautiful and I don't think most people do. And Wendy has a right to say whatever she wants about the look just like all of yall have a right to dog her looks in free for all like is going on in this thread.

    Oh and BTW.. a lot of people probably find Wendy Williams beautiful. :)
    Ok I can't disagree with most of what you said but I have an issue with the bolded.


    Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

    I can accept that you take issue with the bolded. I think evidence is on my side though for the simple fact that women that look similiar to Viola do not normally get labeled as "beautiful" in society. They just don't. Black women in general don't unless they look a hell of a lot less "of African heritage" than Viola does.. this is NOT to say that no one could possibly think Viola is beautiful. I think plenty of people do. I just don't think if you took a poll and asked people to check yes or no if you think this woman (Viola Davis with a picture of her) is beautiful that the votes would come out with more yes votes.

    I just think when this sort of thing is brought up with POC it evokes these feelings of resentment because of the whole issue with the value of black beauty. I know I get very bent about it.. but I don't let the fact that I get bent about it cloud what's reality in society.
    tumblr_m9jonzYZmu1re7hjjo1_250.jpg
  • kinkicurlyfynekinkicurlyfyne Posts: 60Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Sure she has the right, I guess. The way she goes about it is messy though. It gets under people's skin... but I guess that's why she's made her way up to getting a TV show. that's her gimmick. That's more so what people were getting at, not that "she has no right" to say what she says. And... She's not ugly per se, but at times she looks like a man in drag... which, since that's not really what she's going for, is a bad look in my eyes. Lol. I'm just saying, it's strange. As far as I'm concerned, she can still kill herself immediately for that comment.
  • NinjaretteNinjarette Posts: 3,982Registered Users
    Wendy Williams gets clowned on...period. Quite a few people I know find her annoying and fake. So, she pretty much gets her lights shut off, when she tries to cast shade on anybody who has a decent measure of class and style. That's just the way it is.

    Carry on....
    Platinum Product Junkies
    The Facebook
    | The Twitter

    The Product Lines:
    Curl Junkie, b.a.s.k, Siamese Twists, Bobeam, Uncle Funky's Daughter, Amazing Botanicals, Zuresh, Dabur Vatika, Karen's Body Beautiful, Curls Unleased, Broo, Qhemet Biologics, Signature Texture, Darcy's Botanicals, Shea Moisture
  • *Marah**Marah* Posts: 8,032Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Sure she has the right, I guess. The way she goes about it is messy though. It gets under people's skin... but I guess that's why she's made her way up to getting a TV show. that's her gimmick. That's more so what people were getting at, not that "she has no right" to say what she says. And... She's not ugly per se, but at times she looks like a man in drag... which, since that's not really what she's going for, is a bad look in my eyes. Lol. I'm just saying, it's strange. As far as I'm concerned, she can still kill herself immediately for that comment.

    If people in here were THAT concerned over her being messy they'd be pretty hypocritical considered Wendy didn't stoop to calling Viola any names, she didn't say she was ugly, she didn't say any hurtful comments about Viola's appearance. Yet this thread is FULL of insults about Wendy's appearance. So I think it's a little more than that...

    So I'm just not buying this is simply a matter of how messy Wendy is when she gives her opinions about folks looks.. when this entire thread is messy with way worse insults about her. And I'm not suggesting people don't have the right to be messy in here. I'm just saying if others can be "messy" then they shouldn't really expect others to not be. LOL!

    I personally think Wendy's gotten a little less messy since her older radio days. She's a far cry from that.. I used to listen to her radio show back in the day and I literally couldn't stand her..she sickened me. At least now I can listen to her without wanting to snatch her wig off and smack her. Cause I'll never forget that ish she pulled with Whitney Houston. I didn't like that worth a damn.
    tumblr_m9jonzYZmu1re7hjjo1_250.jpg
  • CurlyElectraCurlyElectra Posts: 1,145Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    *Marah* wrote: »
    @CurlyElectra,
    No, she didn't say Viola wasn't pretty. She basically conveyed that she thought Viola's hair was more Room 222 than red carpet. I think that's mainly what set the whole thing off.

    I just took it like I'd take a Joan River's comment. Comments on celeb fashion, hair, and makeup in their opinion. That's what they do.. Wendy's always been pretty vocal about those sort of things with celebs. I suppose I don't see why she'd make an exception with Viola Davis..she sure doesn't with anyone else. LOL!

    Right, exactly Marah. Verbatim she said, "No offense to naturals, I just don't want to have Room 222 flashbacks on the red carpet."

    And WW was talking about everyone at the Oscars, some good, some bad, she gave her opinion. But as soon as she didn't cosign Viola's hair, all hell breaks lose? Mmmmmm....ok.

    I think a lot of people didn't see her show and read the MN article, which IMO set it up to be a huge deal. I read that article three times and was like, where's the direct quote? I need to see/hear EXACTLY what she said before I decide to be offended or not. MN is messy as f**k, so I take most of what they write on there with a grain of salt.
  • CurvyCurlyCurvyCurly Posts: 442Registered Users
    Ninjarette wrote: »
    Wendy Williams gets clowned on...period. Quite a few people I know find her annoying and fake. So, she pretty much gets her lights shut off, when she tries to cast shade on anybody who has a decent measure of class and style. That's just the way it is.

    Carry on....



    :notworthy:
    (Current Rotation) Shampoo: Trader Joe's TTT, Terressentials, Elucence, Curl Junkie Daily Fix Conditioner: Tresemme Naturals, Curl Junkie Curl Rehab Leave-in/Moisturizer: Qhemet's BRBC Gel: Tresemme Oils: Grapeseed, jojoba, evoo, sweet almond, castor....BIG CHOPPED AGAIN!
  • CurlyElectraCurlyElectra Posts: 1,145Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    *Marah* wrote: »
    Sure she has the right, I guess. The way she goes about it is messy though. It gets under people's skin... but I guess that's why she's made her way up to getting a TV show. that's her gimmick. That's more so what people were getting at, not that "she has no right" to say what she says. And... She's not ugly per se, but at times she looks like a man in drag... which, since that's not really what she's going for, is a bad look in my eyes. Lol. I'm just saying, it's strange. As far as I'm concerned, she can still kill herself immediately for that comment.

    If people in here were THAT concerned over her being messy they'd be pretty hypocritical considered Wendy didn't stoop to calling Viola any names, she didn't say she was ugly, she didn't say any hurtful comments about Viola's appearance. Yet this thread is FULL of insults about Wendy's appearance. So I think it's a little more than that...

    So I'm just not buying this is simply a matter of how messy Wendy is when she gives her opinions about folks looks.. when this entire thread is messy with way worse insults about her. And I'm not suggesting people don't have the right to be messy in here. I'm just saying if others can be "messy" then they shouldn't really expect others to not be. LOL!

    I personally think Wendy's gotten a little less messy since her older radio days. She's a far cry from that.. I used to listen to her radio show back in the day and I literally couldn't stand her..she sickened me. At least now I can listen to her without wanting to snatch her wig off and smack her. Cause I'll never forget that ish she pulled with Whitney Houston. I didn't like that worth a damn.

    What happened with her and Whitney, if you don't mind me asking? I never listened to her on the radio. I just remember she had that bum b*tch song, right? Was that her? I just remember my friend from NY was always playing it, lol.
  • Chicago KinksChicago Kinks Posts: 2,748Registered Users Curl Novice
    I still stand by what I said. Any individual who looks like a drag queen clearly is in no position to critic anyone. My comment has nothing to do with beauty, mine is strictly based on the comparison of Viola's red carpet look to that of a 1970's tv show based in a classroom. That's rude, so she gets what she dished out.

    This has nothing to do with Viola's beauty, I think she beautiful and hopefully Viola knows she is beautiful because that the end of the day Viola's opinon of herself is what matters. Spewing negativity only adds fuel to the fire, reality is a beast and can break an individual down. Sometimes people need to shut the ufck up and let others enjoy their 15seconds...in this case Wendy should have chosen a better comparison or just said she wasn't too thrilled with the overall look but noooo she didn't so the backlash is a muthaufcka. I didn't hear her say anything about the chick running around looking like peter pan, Michelle Williams, now that hairstyle is befitting of Room 222 or Neverland.

    vIa tHiS rAgEdY aSs pHoNe
    **sophisticated ignorance, I type my cuss words in cursive**

    Current Rotation (always changing): Curl Junkie Curl Rehab as my Leave-In, Blended Beauty Happy Nappy Styles, Entwine Argan Oil, Bobeam Shampoo Bars, QB CTDG and QB AHTB, UFD Curly Magic, B.A.S.K Anything.


    http://www.platinumpj.com
    http://www.facebook.com/PlatinumPJ
    @PlatinumPJ
  • *Marah**Marah* Posts: 8,032Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    @CurlyElectra,

    I think this is it: Whitney Houston vs Wendy Williams 2003 Interveiw! - YouTube

    I don't have time to double check to see if that's the entire thing. I have to leave to take my kid to Hebrew school in about 20 mins. But if it isn't..just look up Wendy Williams and Whitney Houston on YT. You'll see.

    My thing was I think Wendy sort of set Whitney up because before that she had been talking "messy" about Whit and I felt it was over the top...she was as phoney as a 3 dollar bill when Whit got on that phone. And I really was pissed that she did that ish. Maybe others will see it another way..but it made me pissed at Wendy. Given, I didn't like her phoney azz before hand.

    I was SO glad when Omarosa put Wendy in her place when she was on her TV show. Omarosa totally made Wendy look a damn fool.
    tumblr_m9jonzYZmu1re7hjjo1_250.jpg
  • CurlyElectraCurlyElectra Posts: 1,145Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    *Marah* wrote: »
    @CurlyElectra,

    I think this is it: Whitney Houston vs Wendy Williams 2003 Interveiw! - YouTube

    I don't have time to double check to see if that's the entire thing. I have to leave to take my kid to Hebrew school in about 20 mins. But if it isn't..just look up Wendy Williams and Whitney Houston on YT. You'll see.

    My thing was I think Wendy sort of set Whitney up because before that she had been talking "messy" about Whit and I felt it was over the top...she was as phoney as a 3 dollar bill when Whit got on that phone. And I really was pissed that she did that ish. Maybe others will see it another way..but it made me pissed at Wendy. Given, I didn't like her phoney azz before hand.

    I was SO glad when Omarosa put Wendy in her place when she was on her TV show. Omarosa totally made Wendy look a damn fool.
    Wooooooooooooooooooooooooow.
  • NinjaretteNinjarette Posts: 3,982Registered Users
    I still stand by what I said. Any individual who looks like a drag queen clearly is in no position to critic anyone. My comment has nothing to do with beauty, mine is strictly based on the comparison of Viola's red carpet look to that of a 1970's tv show based in a classroom. That's rude, so she gets what she dished out.

    This has nothing to do with Viola's beauty, I think she beautiful and hopefully Viola knows she is beautiful because that the end of the day Viola's opinon of herself is what matters. Spewing negativity only adds fuel to the fire, reality is a beast and can break an individual down. Sometimes people need to shut the ufck up and let others enjoy their 15seconds...in this case Wendy should have chosen a better comparison or just said she wasn't too thrilled with the overall look but noooo she didn't so the backlash is a muthaufcka. I didn't hear her say anything about the chick running around looking like peter pan, Michelle Williams, now that hairstyle is befitting of Room 222 or Neverland.

    vIa tHiS rAgEdY aSs pHoNe

    All this. Why Viola's beauty or lack of is even an issue in this thread is a mystery. We get it. We got it in the last thread. It's not about that.

    Wendy Williams is a killer klown, of epic proportions. The fact that she decided to comment on someone's fashion sense, when she almost always looks like a stuffed sausage, trying to part ways with its casing, caused others to lash out. No biggie.
    Platinum Product Junkies
    The Facebook
    | The Twitter

    The Product Lines:
    Curl Junkie, b.a.s.k, Siamese Twists, Bobeam, Uncle Funky's Daughter, Amazing Botanicals, Zuresh, Dabur Vatika, Karen's Body Beautiful, Curls Unleased, Broo, Qhemet Biologics, Signature Texture, Darcy's Botanicals, Shea Moisture
  • AllieCat0817AllieCat0817 Posts: 301Registered Users
    Gosh yall have my stomach hurting with laughter.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Chicago KinksChicago Kinks Posts: 2,748Registered Users Curl Novice
    Ninjarette wrote: »

    All this. Why Viola's beauty or lack of is even an issue in this thread is a mystery. We get it. We got it in the last thread. It's not about that.

    Wendy Williams is a killer klown, of epic proportions. The fact that she decided to comment on someone's fashion sense, when she almost always looks like a stuffed sausage, trying to part ways with its casing, caused others to lash out. No biggie.

    *dead*

    Stuffed sausage, trying to part ways with its casing

    Lawrddd lmaoooooooooo

    vIa tHiS rAgEdY aSs pHoNe
    **sophisticated ignorance, I type my cuss words in cursive**

    Current Rotation (always changing): Curl Junkie Curl Rehab as my Leave-In, Blended Beauty Happy Nappy Styles, Entwine Argan Oil, Bobeam Shampoo Bars, QB CTDG and QB AHTB, UFD Curly Magic, B.A.S.K Anything.


    http://www.platinumpj.com
    http://www.facebook.com/PlatinumPJ
    @PlatinumPJ
  • RusycurlyRusycurly Posts: 717Registered Users
    Man, people on the bus right now must think I'm straight up crazy! Y'all have me cracking up mad loud.
    Hair: 3a, normal porosity and elasticity
    My hair loves: Vatika and Bhringraj oils, adores henna.
    My HGs: Bobeam's shampoo bars, CJAO, CJRM, Original Moxie's Hair Bling, Terressentials,
    :wav:
    Let's hear it for beautiful curls!!!
  • *Marah**Marah* Posts: 8,032Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Ninjarette wrote: »
    I still stand by what I said. Any individual who looks like a drag queen clearly is in no position to critic anyone. My comment has nothing to do with beauty, mine is strictly based on the comparison of Viola's red carpet look to that of a 1970's tv show based in a classroom. That's rude, so she gets what she dished out.

    This has nothing to do with Viola's beauty, I think she beautiful and hopefully Viola knows she is beautiful because that the end of the day Viola's opinon of herself is what matters. Spewing negativity only adds fuel to the fire, reality is a beast and can break an individual down. Sometimes people need to shut the ufck up and let others enjoy their 15seconds...in this case Wendy should have chosen a better comparison or just said she wasn't too thrilled with the overall look but noooo she didn't so the backlash is a muthaufcka. I didn't hear her say anything about the chick running around looking like peter pan, Michelle Williams, now that hairstyle is befitting of Room 222 or Neverland.

    vIa tHiS rAgEdY aSs pHoNe

    All this. Why Viola's beauty or lack of is even an issue in this thread is a mystery. We get it. We got it in the last thread. It's not about that.

    Wendy Williams is a killer klown, of epic proportions. The fact that she decided to comment on someone's fashion sense, when she almost always looks like a stuffed sausage, trying to part ways with its casing, caused others to lash out. No biggie.

    Her looks are an issue because the premise of the thread was about "looks" concerning Viola. And then folks started in with how much a hot unsightly mess Wendy is. So yeah it is about that.. looks, beauty, appearance, whatever one wants to call it..it's about ALL that. If it wasn't.. no comments, jokes, or laughter would have been about Wendy's appearance period. All this is in defense of what Wendy said about Viola's appearance. I think Wendy is getting so much flack in this thread since she's like you said.. a killer klown of epic proportions and she ain't that damn baller in her fashion sense....so I do get the sentiment.

    So yeah, Wendy is a hot mess but I'm sorry and I mean no disrespect (I hope by now you know I respect your views greatly..more than anyone in NC.com period new or old and I don't see this thread changing that) but this does come down to what happen in that other discussion. Otherwise none of this would be any issue.

    Furthermore, if it's no biggie lashing out at Wendy's looks. It should be no biggie what she said about Viola. Cause she didn't dog out Viola..she just said she didn't like the hairstyle for the red carpet. Trashing her because of some other ish Wendy likes to pull is really irrelevant cause the whole issue is about what she said about Viola.

    I too felt like Wendy needed to STFU because Viola looked fierce to me at the Oscars (in fact she was one of the best dressed there and believe me I seen all the pics).. but that's TO ME. To Wendy she didn't like the hair.. okay and ? How does that justify dogging her appearance ..exactly ? Specifically based on THIS incident ?

    And I'm not trying to start anything (so no one try to hype this up please). I'm just asking in order to understand your logic better. And if we still disagree..we disagree. No big deal.


    I was dead though at "stuffed sausage, trying to part ways with its casing". I bit my damn snigglin' and gigglin' at that ... ROFL! *snort*. You had to go...there ? ROFL!
    tumblr_m9jonzYZmu1re7hjjo1_250.jpg
  • honeysweet20honeysweet20 Posts: 362Registered Users Curl Novice
    *Marah* wrote: »
    Sure she has the right, I guess. The way she goes about it is messy though. It gets under people's skin... but I guess that's why she's made her way up to getting a TV show. that's her gimmick. That's more so what people were getting at, not that "she has no right" to say what she says. And... She's not ugly per se, but at times she looks like a man in drag... which, since that's not really what she's going for, is a bad look in my eyes. Lol. I'm just saying, it's strange. As far as I'm concerned, she can still kill herself immediately for that comment.

    If people in here were THAT concerned over her being messy they'd be pretty hypocritical considered Wendy didn't stoop to calling Viola any names, she didn't say she was ugly, she didn't say any hurtful comments about Viola's appearance. Yet this thread is FULL of insults about Wendy's appearance. So I think it's a little more than that...

    So I'm just not buying this is simply a matter of how messy Wendy is when she gives her opinions about folks looks.. when this entire thread is messy with way worse insults about her. And I'm not suggesting people don't have the right to be messy in here. I'm just saying if others can be "messy" then they shouldn't really expect others to not be. LOL!

    I personally think Wendy's gotten a little less messy since her older radio days. She's a far cry from that.. I used to listen to her radio show back in the day and I literally couldn't stand her..she sickened me. At least now I can listen to her without wanting to snatch her wig off and smack her. Cause I'll never forget that ish she pulled with Whitney Houston. I didn't like that worth a damn.

    What happened with her and Whitney, if you don't mind me asking? I never listened to her on the radio. I just remember she had that bum b*tch song, right? Was that her? I just remember my friend from NY was always playing it, lol.

    I believe the "bum *****" song was from a short lived segment of the Star & Buckwild show if I'm not mistaken. *sips tea with pinky in the air*
  • NinjaretteNinjarette Posts: 3,982Registered Users
    *Marah* wrote: »
    Ninjarette wrote: »
    I still stand by what I said. Any individual who looks like a drag queen clearly is in no position to critic anyone. My comment has nothing to do with beauty, mine is strictly based on the comparison of Viola's red carpet look to that of a 1970's tv show based in a classroom. That's rude, so she gets what she dished out.

    This has nothing to do with Viola's beauty, I think she beautiful and hopefully Viola knows she is beautiful because that the end of the day Viola's opinon of herself is what matters. Spewing negativity only adds fuel to the fire, reality is a beast and can break an individual down. Sometimes people need to shut the ufck up and let others enjoy their 15seconds...in this case Wendy should have chosen a better comparison or just said she wasn't too thrilled with the overall look but noooo she didn't so the backlash is a muthaufcka. I didn't hear her say anything about the chick running around looking like peter pan, Michelle Williams, now that hairstyle is befitting of Room 222 or Neverland.

    vIa tHiS rAgEdY aSs pHoNe

    All this. Why Viola's beauty or lack of is even an issue in this thread is a mystery. We get it. We got it in the last thread. It's not about that.

    Wendy Williams is a killer klown, of epic proportions. The fact that she decided to comment on someone's fashion sense, when she almost always looks like a stuffed sausage, trying to part ways with its casing, caused others to lash out. No biggie.

    Her looks are an issue because the premise of the thread was about "looks" concerning Viola. And then folks started in with how much a hot unsightly mess Wendy is. So yeah it is about that.. looks, beauty, appearance, whatever one wants to call it..it's about ALL that. If it wasn't.. no comments, jokes, or laughter would have been about Wendy's appearance period. All this is in defense of what Wendy said about Viola's appearance. I think Wendy is getting so much flack in this thread since she's like you said.. a killer klown of epic proportions and she ain't that damn baller in her fashion sense....so I do get the sentiment.

    So yeah, Wendy is a hot mess but I'm sorry and I mean no disrespect (I hope by now you know I respect your views greatly..more than anyone in NC.com period new or old and I don't see this thread changing that) but this does come down to what happen in that other discussion. Otherwise none of this would be any issue.

    Furthermore, if it's no biggie lashing out at Wendy's looks. It should be no biggie what she said about Viola. Cause she didn't dog out Viola..she just said she didn't like the hairstyle for the red carpet. Trashing her because of some other ish Wendy likes to pull is really irrelevant cause the whole issue is about what she said about Viola.

    I too felt like Wendy needed to STFU because Viola looked fierce to me at the Oscars (in fact she was one of the best dressed there and believe me I seen all the pics).. but that's TO ME. To Wendy she didn't like the hair.. okay and ? How does that justify dogging her appearance ..exactly ? Specifically based on THIS incident ?

    And I'm not trying to start anything (so no one try to hype this up please). I'm just asking in order to understand your logic better. And if we still disagree..we disagree. No big deal.


    I was dead though at "stuffed sausage, trying to part ways with its casing". I bit my damn snigglin' and gigglin' at that ... ROFL! *snort*. You had to go...there ? ROFL!

    Well, for me, it isn't about Viola's beauty. I don't like Wendy Williams, so unless Sponge Bob is the one under her fashion sense microscope, she gets the "Sit down and shut up!" auto response. Nuthin' more to it than that.
    Platinum Product Junkies
    The Facebook
    | The Twitter

    The Product Lines:
    Curl Junkie, b.a.s.k, Siamese Twists, Bobeam, Uncle Funky's Daughter, Amazing Botanicals, Zuresh, Dabur Vatika, Karen's Body Beautiful, Curls Unleased, Broo, Qhemet Biologics, Signature Texture, Darcy's Botanicals, Shea Moisture
  • Chicago KinksChicago Kinks Posts: 2,748Registered Users Curl Novice
    My post had nothing to do with Viola's looks...let me be clear. My issue is Wendy had the unmitigated gall to compare elegance and class with the dressings of a 1970 sitcom set in a classroom.

    This woman looked nothing like anything from the 1960's or 1970's classroom. Not no one on the show has short curly reddish brown...not no one. Wendy was calling her hair casual and not Oscar worthy, seriously???

    vIa tHiS rAgEdY aSs pHoNe
    **sophisticated ignorance, I type my cuss words in cursive**

    Current Rotation (always changing): Curl Junkie Curl Rehab as my Leave-In, Blended Beauty Happy Nappy Styles, Entwine Argan Oil, Bobeam Shampoo Bars, QB CTDG and QB AHTB, UFD Curly Magic, B.A.S.K Anything.


    http://www.platinumpj.com
    http://www.facebook.com/PlatinumPJ
    @PlatinumPJ
  • *Marah**Marah* Posts: 8,032Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Okay NEA. I'm a little surprised at your response because I just didn't gather prior that you thought in those terms of "because I don't like someone" it's okay to say whatever.. but um okay.


    ETA: Chi-Town... I'm not as suprised by your responses here. But for the record.. I don't see how you saying Wendy's got unmitigated gall for basically doing exactly what you said is rude prior. Questioning someone else's views of how another looks. Aren't you questioning hers ? You think Viola's style was class and elegance (me too) but Wendy thought she looked like someone from the set of Room 222.

    I get you feel justified but it's the same thing no matter how you slice it. That is all.

    I'm done with the conversation about Viola and Wendy. Carry on folks.
    tumblr_m9jonzYZmu1re7hjjo1_250.jpg
  • kinkicurlyfynekinkicurlyfyne Posts: 60Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I mean, yeah, obviously you could argue these comments are messy... but we're not all parading around on TV doing it either... I personally don't need to watch that on TV when I can see it in the streets.

    I'm done with this convo :clock:
  • CurlyElectraCurlyElectra Posts: 1,145Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    My post had nothing to do with Viola's looks...let me be clear. My issue is Wendy had the unmitigated gall to compare elegance and class with the dressings of a 1970 sitcom set in a classroom.

    This woman looked nothing like anything from the 1960's or 1970's classroom. Not no one on the show has short curly reddish brown...not no one. Wendy was calling her hair casual and not Oscar worthy, seriously???

    vIa tHiS rAgEdY aSs pHoNe

    This entire post is your opinion. You're basically saying that WW had the unmitigated gall to have a different opinion than you. I don't agree with what WW said, but I mean...she said it among her "critiques" of several celebrities at the Oscars. Talk show hosts, gossip magazines, etc, have been doing this for years. I just don't understand why this particular opinion has got people so upset.
  • Precious CurlsPrecious Curls Posts: 448Registered Users
    Just listened to the interview and dammmn. Whitney didn't skip a beat! :notworthy:
  • ss40ss40 Posts: 1,790Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    She's what my dh calls a transformer. HeSheIt has no right to talk about beauty. Viola was stunning and that cowardly lion is hating cuz her dress was emerald city green and her hair was on point.
    :nike:About my hair:
    weekly shampoo-HE Honey I'm Strong
    daily conditioner-HE Honey I'm Strong (use as li)
    go to style-Pocahontas braids
  • NinjaretteNinjarette Posts: 3,982Registered Users
    *Marah* wrote: »
    Okay NEA. I'm a little surprised at your response because I just didn't gather prior that you thought in those terms of "because I don't like someone" it's okay to say whatever.. but um okay.


    ETA: Chi-Town... I'm not as suprised by your responses here. But for the record.. I don't see how you saying Wendy's got unmitigated gall for basically doing exactly what you said is rude prior. Questioning someone else's views of how another looks. Aren't you questioning hers ? You think Viola's style was class and elegance (me too) but Wendy thought she looked like someone from the set of Room 222.

    I get you feel justified but it's the same thing no matter how you slice it. That is all.

    I'm done with the conversation about Viola and Wendy. Carry on folks.

    Surprised about what, Marah? I said Wendy, in my mind, is in no position to talk about too many folks...about fashion. Her clothes are always too tight...ill fitting.The fact that I don't care for her doesn't void my opinion of her fashion sense. That's just extra.

    I simply stated that because she's not a favorite of many people, and everybody doesn't necessarily live by the "If you can't say anything good..." rule, the responses were expected.

    Viola not being beautiful to the masses is not a concern of mine, because that can be said of many black women. Viola Davis looks like (her features) many black women I've seen, and see everyday. Again, if I ("I" means anybody) think she's beautiful, or ugly, it should not cause another to be baffled, because it contradicts the beauty standards of the masses. It should not be implied that I'm being dishonest, or I'm in denial, etc. That's easy to understand.

    Finally, I usually don't say much about women's looks anyway...not in a way that's negative.
    Platinum Product Junkies
    The Facebook
    | The Twitter

    The Product Lines:
    Curl Junkie, b.a.s.k, Siamese Twists, Bobeam, Uncle Funky's Daughter, Amazing Botanicals, Zuresh, Dabur Vatika, Karen's Body Beautiful, Curls Unleased, Broo, Qhemet Biologics, Signature Texture, Darcy's Botanicals, Shea Moisture
  • soleilmoncursoleilmoncur Posts: 1,194Registered Users
    Joan Rivers could have said it, as could Oprah or any female voice and it would have been a nasty comment.

    Yes, the topic was Oscar fashion and everyone was critiqued as such, but to compare this:room2223.jpg
    or this:room222b.jpg

    or even this:TR-DeniseNicholas.JPG

    to Viola Davis:viola-davis-oscars-full.jpg

    To say it's not "red carpet" is insulting and it was meant as such since she started off "not to offend the naturals". God forbid our nappy hair is seen outside of the salon not getting a relaxer. I don't care about how the commenter looks or who they are, but to say that MY hair the way it grows NATURALLY is not formal enough, is outdated, it's not presentable, and can not and should not be seen by the world at such a high profile event is degrading on so many levels for black women who have to put up with that at jobs and family events.

    It's most hurtful that another WOC is perpetrating this fallacy and it shows that no matter how many women go natural or reveal their natural hair, there will always be those in our community who will stop at nothing to bring us down, if only for the attention.
    3c/4aish, high porosity, fine strands,medium density cottony curls.

    LOVES: (editing)

    Save $10
    off your order at Vitacost by clicking here for a code.


    I'm not obsessed: I just LOVE my hair!!

    event.png

    um_no-vi.gif

  • RimiRimi Posts: 2,001Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Joan Rivers could have said it, as could Oprah or any female voice and it would have been a nasty comment.

    Yes, the topic was Oscar fashion and everyone was critiqued as such, but to compare this:room2223.jpg
    or this:room222b.jpg

    or even this:TR-DeniseNicholas.JPG

    to Viola Davis:viola-davis-oscars-full.jpg

    To say it's not "red carpet" is insulting and it was meant as such since she started off "not to offend the naturals". God forbid our nappy hair is seen outside of the salon not getting a relaxer. I don't care about how the commenter looks or who they are, but to say that MY hair the way it grows NATURALLY is not formal enough, is outdated, it's not presentable, and can not and should not be seen by the world at such a high profile event is degrading on so many levels for black women who have to put up with that at jobs and family events.

    It's most hurtful that another WOC is perpetrating this fallacy and it shows that no matter how many women go natural or reveal their natural hair, there will always be those in our community who will stop at nothing to bring us down, if only for the attention.

    This.
    21 y/o lifelong natural {4a-O ; spongy ; coarse ; dense ; MBL stretched}

    products {'poo: TJTTT shampoo | RO: TJTTT Condish | LI/style: TJTTT Condish, homemade cocoa butter cream | DC: condish + ayurvedic powder(s), Aussie 3MMM Treatment | PT: condish + NPF | oils: castor oil, grapeseed oil | other treatments: probiotics, tea rinses, AVG rinse/spritz, oil rinse | sealing method: LC sometimes O}

    long-term: HL stretched, BSL unstretched

    CG-friendly Products List!
  • Chicago KinksChicago Kinks Posts: 2,748Registered Users Curl Novice
    My post had nothing to do with Viola's looks...let me be clear. My issue is Wendy had the unmitigated gall to compare elegance and class with the dressings of a 1970 sitcom set in a classroom.

    This woman looked nothing like anything from the 1960's or 1970's classroom. Not no one on the show has short curly reddish brown...not no one. Wendy was calling her hair casual and not Oscar worthy, seriously???

    vIa tHiS rAgEdY aSs pHoNe

    This entire post is your opinion. You're basically saying that WW had the unmitigated gall to have a different opinion than you. I don't agree with what WW said, but I mean...she said it among her "critiques" of several celebrities at the Oscars. Talk show hosts, gossip magazines, etc, have been doing this for years. I just don't understand why this particular opinion has got people so upset.

    Your right this is alll my opinion........
    I don't have anything against Wendy, IMHO, on some topics she is spot on and I give credit where credit is due. This time im not giving her any credit. In this case, I felt she was wrong, she could have taken several different avenues in expressing her dislike for Viola's hair.

    Marah - what I said earlier about Wendy being an NFL linebacker or me "liking" any of the other hilarious comments is rude, I never once said it wasn't...so what is your point?
    Im taking full credit for my part in this. I wanted to make it clear that I was not referring to the beauty discussion from the other day. My issue with that is totallllyyyy separate. In this case I disagree with Wendy and I have that right along with the right to laugh and giggle and crack jokes about her over the top attire.

    I don't see what the big deal is. I guess cause its Wendy Williams or am I missing something here??
    **sophisticated ignorance, I type my cuss words in cursive**

    Current Rotation (always changing): Curl Junkie Curl Rehab as my Leave-In, Blended Beauty Happy Nappy Styles, Entwine Argan Oil, Bobeam Shampoo Bars, QB CTDG and QB AHTB, UFD Curly Magic, B.A.S.K Anything.


    http://www.platinumpj.com
    http://www.facebook.com/PlatinumPJ
    @PlatinumPJ
  • Chicago KinksChicago Kinks Posts: 2,748Registered Users Curl Novice
    Joan Rivers could have said it, as could Oprah or any female voice and it would have been a nasty comment.

    Yes, the topic was Oscar fashion and everyone was critiqued as such, but to compare this:room2223.jpg
    or this:room222b.jpg

    or even this:TR-DeniseNicholas.JPG

    to Viola Davis:viola-davis-oscars-full.jpg

    To say it's not "red carpet" is insulting and it was meant as such since she started off "not to offend the naturals". God forbid our nappy hair is seen outside of the salon not getting a relaxer. I don't care about how the commenter looks or who they are, but to say that MY hair the way it grows NATURALLY is not formal enough, is outdated, it's not presentable, and can not and should not be seen by the world at such a high profile event is degrading on so many levels for black women who have to put up with that at jobs and family events.

    It's most hurtful that another WOC is perpetrating this fallacy and it shows that no matter how many women go natural or reveal their natural hair, there will always be those in our community who will stop at nothing to bring us down, if only for the attention.

    Thank you, this was very well said!!

    :notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:
    **sophisticated ignorance, I type my cuss words in cursive**

    Current Rotation (always changing): Curl Junkie Curl Rehab as my Leave-In, Blended Beauty Happy Nappy Styles, Entwine Argan Oil, Bobeam Shampoo Bars, QB CTDG and QB AHTB, UFD Curly Magic, B.A.S.K Anything.


    http://www.platinumpj.com
    http://www.facebook.com/PlatinumPJ
    @PlatinumPJ
  • CityGirl81CityGirl81 Posts: 418Registered Users
    Wow this thread has GROWN! I still think WW is on that BS, especially when she was like today to all the people that blasted her, OK I get it but I still like Viola better with those jacked up wigs, blah.

    Black Media Scoop featured my youtube blog on the subject, which was kinda cool!

    Wendy Williams Attacks Viola Davis' Natural Look Breaking News & Views on BlackMediaScoop
    Breaking News & Views on BlackMediaScoop
  • *Marah**Marah* Posts: 8,032Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    @NEA, surprised because you don't usually go there on a woman's looks reguardless if she's gutter like Wendy or not. And honestly, I don't think I ever even recall you saying to much rude about the way folks dress either...at least not in the way you ripped Wendy from limb to limb.

    @Chi-Town Kinks for me it's not special or anything because it's Wendy. I personally can take or leave Wendy. My point is more that I found your stance to be quite hypocritical. Cause all you are doing is the same thing you said was rude before. And no I don't expect you to do anything about it.. I'm simply pointing out what my point is since you asked.

    We can drop it as far as I'm concerned. I think we all understand eachother at this point. Nothing is going to change our very different perspectives. And I didn't say what I said to stiffle any opinions here.

    As you were ladies..
    tumblr_m9jonzYZmu1re7hjjo1_250.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file