CurlTalk

Weightloss Progress....A story in pictures

Nappy_curly_crownNappy_curly_crown Posts: 4,162Registered Users
As promised....here are pictures of my weightloss journey. I'm going to break these up into a few posts because I can't figure out how to resize the pictures to make them smaller.

First off....the dreaded before picture.

*Picture removed by user*

This was at the hotel as I was getting dressed for a close friends wedding July 4th weekend. I really didn't want to go to the wedding because I didn't feel attractive at ALL but I sucked it up and went.

This was 8 weeks into the process...at the MLK memorial dedication on 10/15/11. I was tired and funky after walking all over the national mall that day with my friends who were in town for the dedication.

11/7/12...down about 58 pounds and 11 weeks into the process.

13 weeks into this journey, Thanksgiving day to be exact. I was down about 68 pounds at this point.
Wanna talk products? Come Join us here!
/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2FPlatinumPJ" class="Popup

Extremely thick, kinky curls/coils that have a mind of thier own!!!!

12459237.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Comments

• juanabjuanab Posts: 4,037Registered Users
    Great job!!! Keep up the good work!!!! I am down 30 lbs myself. Trying for another 25.

PS, Love the Rattler sweatshirt. I attended 3 years, graduated elsewhere. I consider myself a Rattler though, especially since I was born at FAMU hospital. My sis did graduate from FAMU.

texture - medium/fine, porosity - low/normal, elasticity - normal
    co-wash - NaturelleGrow Coconut Water or Marshmallow Root, Slippery Elm Bark & Blue Malva Cleansing Conditioners
    LI - KCKT mixed w/ SM C & H Curl & Style Milk
    DC - NG Mango & Coconut H2O or Chamomile/Brdck Root
    Gel - SM souffle (winter), KCCC (summer) or CR Naturals Aloe Whipped Butter Gel (year round)
    Sealers - Virgin Coconut Oil, Avocado butter, Aloe butter
    Ayurvedic treatments - Jamila Henna, Sukesh, Aloe Vera Powder, Hibiscus Powder

event.png
  • Nappy_curly_crownNappy_curly_crown Posts: 4,162Registered Users

14 weeks...11/29/11...the 11th anniversary of my 21st birthday and down 70 pounds.

This was New Years Day as I was headed to the movies...down 82 pounds (half way to my first goal weight!!!)

This was around the time that I kinda stopped taking pictures. I'm not really sure why but I really couldn't see the changes that other people told me they could see and it was frustrating to me because the clothing sizes were not changing even though the scale showed a HUGE weight loss. Then I decided to get a trainer and add more weights to the cardio that I was doing and I saw a HUGE shift in things. Still didn't take pictures but I think I'm going to go back to taking pictures at least every 10-15 pounds just so I can see the differences.

Any finally....here's the picture I took today....specificly for this thread.

As of today, I'm down a total of 103 pounds and I have 60 pounds to go until my first "goal" weight. At that point I'll sort of access where I am and if I am happy with that weight/size. If not, then I'll keep going in 10-15 pound increments until I get to a weight/size that I'm comfortable at and that I can maintain with a "healthy" caloric intake and moderate exercise.

So...here are how the stats measure up

Starting BMI: 55.2
    Current BMI: 39.5

Starting dress size: 24/26 (dress in before pic was a 24) Current: 18

Starting pant size: 26L,
    Current: 18L

Starting bra size: 46DDD
    Current: 42DD

12459237.png
  • AmberBrownAmberBrown Posts: 1,072Registered Users
    NCC that's amazing. Congrats! :D
    juanab wrote: »
    Great job!!! Keep up the good work!!!! I am down 30 lbs myself. Trying for another 25.

PS, Love the Rattler sweatshirt. I attended 3 years, graduated elsewhere. I consider myself a Rattler though, especially since I was born at FAMU hospital. My sis did graduate from FAMU.

Awwww...Thanks and congrats on your progress! Girl I am a Rattler through and through!!! I'm a 3rd generation graduate on my dad's side and a 5th generation graduate on my mom's side. My parents met there as students in the 60s so literally I BLEED orange and green!!!!

Post your pictures too juanab and anyone else that's losing weight.

12459237.png
  • curlylauracurlylaura Posts: 8,352Registered Users
    Wow. Fantastic progress NCC
    Fat does not make you fat. It's actually pretty important.
  • ninja dogninja dog Posts: 23,780Registered Users
    You look wonderful!
  • Corrina777Corrina777 Posts: 3,193Registered Users
    I just wanted to say that you look fantastic! (And we share a birthday!)

Congrats- it's so awesome when you can see all of your hard work pay off!!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    3a/f/iii
    Modified CG since 11/5/11
    CLEANSE: CJ Daily Fix, DevaCare No-Poo, CHS Treatment Shampoo
    RO: SS Caitlin's Conditioner, CJ Beauticurls Strengthening
    LI: SS Repairing Protein Treatment, CHS Silk Leave-In
    STYLE: Re:Coil, Curl Keeper, Deva Ultra Defining Gel, Curls Rock Amplifier,Sweet Curls Elixirs Okra Gel and Hard Hold Gel, SS Curl Enhancing Jelly and Firm Hold Gel
  • nynaeve77nynaeve77 Posts: 7,135Registered Users
    That is amazing, NCC! Congrats!

(I love the colors of your dining room, btw...gorgeous!)
    "Maybe Lucy's right. Of all the Charlie Browns in the world, you're the Charlie Browniest."--Linus, A Charlie Brown Christmas

My fotki: /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2Fnynaeve77%2F" class="Popup
    Password: orphanannie
  • cymprenicympreni Posts: 9,609Registered Users
    Congratz! You look great!
  • VTmomVTmom Posts: 2,486Registered Users
    Congratulations! You look fabulous! :)
    The smallest deed is greater than the grandest intention.

I am the master of my fate: I am the captain of my soul. (Invictus - William Ernest Henley)

Just think I used to worry 'bout things like that,
    Used to worry 'bout rich and skinny, 'til I wound up poor and fat,
    Nowadays I kind of worry where my mind's been at,
    Just think I used to worry 'bout things like that. (Delbert McClinton - I Used to Worry from Never Been Rocked Enough)
  • ursulaursula Posts: 1,461Registered Users
    NCC, I am in awe! You look amazing. :)
    In search of a lost signature...
    Thanks everyone. I feel like such an attention whore posting pics but it does feel good to recieve the congrats and attention (shamless I know...lol)

12459237.png
  • Corrina777Corrina777 Posts: 3,193Registered Users
    Thanks everyone. I feel like such an attention whore posting pics but it does feel good to recieve the congrats and attention (shamless I know...lol)

You deserve all the attention. It's such a huge accomplishment!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    3a/f/iii
    Modified CG since 11/5/11
    CLEANSE: CJ Daily Fix, DevaCare No-Poo, CHS Treatment Shampoo
    RO: SS Caitlin's Conditioner, CJ Beauticurls Strengthening
    LI: SS Repairing Protein Treatment, CHS Silk Leave-In
    STYLE: Re:Coil, Curl Keeper, Deva Ultra Defining Gel, Curls Rock Amplifier,Sweet Curls Elixirs Okra Gel and Hard Hold Gel, SS Curl Enhancing Jelly and Firm Hold Gel
  • SailaSaila Posts: 1,212Registered Users
    I hope this is not getting too personal, but did you notice any mental transformations as well?

Anyway, thanks for sharing! I am excited to do the strength training program with you. :blob4:
  • luvmylocsluvmylocs Posts: 7,578Registered Users
    ncc i just want to say i'm immensely proud of you!! keep taking pics!! you'll look back on this and realize you can do anything! it is sometimes hard to see little changes in the interim but keep it up. kudos to you for paying attention to cardio and strength training, those things do wonders for body transformation!

yeah you!!! please continue to update this thread. we're cheering you on! :)
    a dreamy pisces :fish:
    please recycle, it matters...
    i change lives...through fitness
    i'm more relaxed being natural
  • CurlyminxCurlyminx Posts: 5,581Registered Users
    Awesome work! Congratulations for your hard work!

Defintely keep posting pics!!!!!!
    tumblr_mk2chrdnQe1qzwi58o1_500.gif
    Mix of 3s, thick, coarse, medium porosity

Current hair styling technique: rake with a scrunch at the end. (works with my coarse hair)

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2Fcurlymix%2F" class="Popup
    pw: curls

Known HGs: KCCC, homemade fsg, honey
  • gagirl09gagirl09 Posts: 2,316Registered Users
    Truly inspirational and motivating

Curse you iPhone!!!
    Last relaxer: Nov. 24, 2008
    BC: December 19, 2009
    Products: Whatever works!
    Saila wrote: »
    I hope this is not getting too personal, but did you notice any mental transformations as well?

Anyway, thanks for sharing! I am excited to do the strength training program with you. :blob4:

Not quite sure what you mean but I'll try an answer. Mentally I've stayed pretty even I think and I credit most of that to who I was before. I know a lot of over weight people when they start losing weight they become much more confident, outgoing, assertive and take charge...but I was all those things before mostly because I liked me. I hated the weight, how it made me feel trapped in my own body, but I still LIKED NCC at the end of the day. I think a lot of overweight people don't like themselves and it manifests itself in how they carry and present themselves. I wasn't about to be a wall flower just because I was the fat chick.

Hope that answers your question and I'm looking forward to the weight program too! I want muscles (well nice lady muscles)

Sent from my iPhone using CurlTalk

12459237.png
  • anonymous_103081anonymous_103081 Posts: 492Registered Users
    This.is.amazing. fantastic job!!!!!!!!!! You're really pretty!
    25", hennahead, CO, goal: hip

Not quite sure what you mean but I'll try an answer. Mentally I've stayed pretty even I think and I credit most of that to who I was before. I know a lot of over weight people when they start losing weight they become much more confident, outgoing, assertive and take charge...but I was all those things before mostly because I liked me. I hated the weight, how it made me feel trapped in my own body, but I still LIKED NCC at the end of the day. I think a lot of overweight people don't like themselves and it manifests itself in how they carry and present themselves. I wasn't about to be a wall flower just because I was the fat chick.

Hope that answers your question and I'm looking forward to the weight program too! I want muscles (well nice lady muscles)

Oh, I guess I should clarify what I meant. I was more curious to learn how you developed mentally in your training. For example, when I first started running I couldn't even run for a MINUTE then before I knew it I was running 5miles. That process taught me to gauge my mental status better and reevaluate what I think is possible emotionally and physically. It's difficult to articulate but I felt like I grew from it. I was wondering if anything like that happened for you?

I want muscles too!
  • LAwomanLAwoman Posts: 2,949Registered Users
    Wow wow wow!!! :occasion7:

You look simply amazing, NCC!! I am amazed and inspired by your stellar accomplishment.

Not only are you so much smaller and fitter, but you just look so much happier and radiant. And younger, too, even!

Did I miss where you said what diet program you did to lose the weight?

I love the colors of your dining room, btw...gorgeous!)

I noticed and was admiring your walls, too. Great colors!
  • coilynappcoilynapp Posts: 4,233Registered Users
    Wtg ncc! You look great!
    th?id=H.4940802350254088&pid=1.7&w=183&h=144&c=7&rs=1

Oh, I guess I should clarify what I meant. I was more curious to learn how you developed mentally in your training. For example, when I first started running I couldn't even run for a MINUTE then before I knew it I was running 5miles. That process taught me to gauge my mental status better and reevaluate what I think is possible emotionally and physically. It's difficult to articulate but I felt like I grew from it. I was wondering if anything like that happened for you?

I want muscles too!

I see what you mean. I'm sort of in the middle of that process I think. Before, working out was very mentally frustrating. I've never really had a problem pushing myself in the gym, but what would always happen was that mentally I wanted to push way more than my body was capable of doing and I would end up with some injury and frustrated. At 300+ pounds, even walking puts so much strain on your joints, knees, back you name it. Looking back on it, I can't fathom how I managed to move as much as I did with that amount of weight on my body. So loosing the weight and being able to push my body to the level that mentally I always wanted to do is such a freeing feeling.

Now, I'm just to the point where my trainer wants to push even farther than I thought I could go (which is why I hired him)...and I'm starting to see that I CAN do things. So I'm just at the beginning of that mental awaking you're talking about...but I'm looking forward to what I might learn about myself.

12459237.png
  • NaturalBeauty79NaturalBeauty79 Posts: 256Registered Users
    So u lost 68 pounds in 3 months??? Well 13 weeks
    I'm in my beginning stages too. Doing the weight training program will definitely be a new challenge for me. I haven't lifted that much before.
  • ngscentsngscents Posts: 1Registered Users
    I wish I could lose weight! I'm 44 years old, and the baby fat never seems to want to come off.
  • vegas_curlsvegas_curls Posts: 857Registered Users

How ironic. I was just about to ask you to post pics since you've been posting such useful info over in 4a and here you are. You.look.absolutely.stunning!!!
  • SystemSystem Posts: 39,059 Administrator
    You are my SHEro :) Very inspirational!!! Congratulations!
  • midgimidgi Posts: 2,409Registered Users
    Soooooo inspiring NCC!! You are awesome and you've accomplished so much! You are really motivating me to step up my weight training game. I'm starting to get lazy and bored with my toning routine, but I really think I should stay with it.

Sent from The Brick
    I just want to do what I want to do when I want to do it.
  • Jo SomebodyJo Somebody Posts: 1,578Registered Users
    Wow! You've done brilliantly! I actually think you look good in all the photos, and reading your comment about loving yourself even before the weightloss started, I think that's what's shining through the photos.
    The second to last photo with the beige jumper is my favourite. You look goooooood! (*in smooth, deep voice* :lol: ) *high-5s you*
    My hair is in the 4s, low in porosity, high in density and coarse. :happy6:

Love: QB - all of it, Bobeam - shampoo bars, Darcy's Botanicals - Pumpkin Seed Conditioner, Coconut Cupuacu Pomade, KBN - Shealoe Leave-in, Oyin - Juices & Berries, Kinky Curly - Knot Today, Ayurvedic treatments, my Denman and the cloud of kinky goodness on my head that I get to play with! :love8: