Morning all. Wen vs Andre Walker question.

MsBMsB Posts: 115Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
My son's hair is 4a/4b and pretty course. He used to use Giovanni smooth as silk. Then my mother in-law brought some Andre Walker shampoo and conditioner on a visit and he has been using that ever since. But I was watching the Wen commercial and was wondering will it make his hair softer. Then of course there would be a matter of sent. He hates strongly scented products.

Unfortunately he still hasn't found a leave in that works well. He hates the feel of putting in thick creams and tend to like things he can just spray in.

He picks it into a fro on the weekends and then during the week he just lets it curl. But to be honest it never seems to go back to a real curl anymore. His curls often look frizzy where before he started picking it they didn't.

Oh by the way, he is 21. LOL...he just looks to me to gather hair information.

Your input would be appreciated.

Comments

• CurlyteeCurlytee Posts: 273Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    It is my belief we have special hair and don't need special products. When we give the hair what it needs it does amazingly.

We need moisture.........Water .... Google the curl girl method, not their products but the process. Good Luck

P.S. You get more with Less
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • BlackAngelPlayahBlackAngelPlayah Posts: 1,419Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    ^^ What she said. Once you find what works you're good. And usually less is more. For some reason people think you need "Queen La-De-Da" at $30 for 8 oz to have nice natural hair. When I was little my mom used everything from Royal Crown to CRISCO on my hair. She'd plait it up for a week, then do it all again. And my hair was mid-back length easy!

Simple. Works. Best.

Jen :D

😜🍸Sent LIVE from my JPhone 4 using some CurlTalk app. 😜🍸

http://AfroCurls.wordpress.com
    :afro:FroZen:afro:
  • MsBMsB Posts: 115Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Thank you ladies :)
  • knt1229knt1229 Posts: 93Registered Users
    In response to his curls not coming back now that he picks his hair. Type 4 hair will keep curls/coils better if it is only finger combed. When it's picked out it frizzes and the hair won't clump to form a wave or curl/coil. So if he wants the curls/coils to show he should stick to finger combing.
  • AllieCat0817AllieCat0817 Posts: 301Registered Users
    This is what Andre Walker says about natural hair. Pay attention to his comment about type 4 hair. I wouldnt buy NATHAN he sellin.

http://andresays.andrewalkerhair.com/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    God I hate this ign'ant *******. I wish him no harm, but he just irks the sh't outta me.

• AllieCat0817AllieCat0817 Posts: 301Registered Users
    Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Had to be said. :p

• MsBMsB Posts: 115Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Thanks for the responses and advice. I guess my son will stick with the andre walker products. The fragrance of a product is always an issue for him and he likes that the walker products aren't to as he says "girly".
  • adthomasadthomas Posts: 5,525Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I agree that less can be more. I have to admit that after years of trying this and that all i really need to style mh hair is leavein, oil and shea butter on the ends now that my hair is longer. Everything else even if I like it for me is optional. Also Im one of those people who cant just finger comb because it doesnt get all the shed hair. Im a heavy shedder. Once a week I use a wide tooth comb and it doesnt make my hair frizzy.
    Yes, it's real. No, you can't touch it. :wav:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file