CurlTalk

Swapper Recommendations Thread (New List!)

elizabethhoyeelizabethhoye Posts: 8Registered Users
Since our old list seems to be MIA I thought we should begin a new one. I will start!!!

I just had a fantastic swap with gekko422. She purchased from me and sent her payment so quickly. Nice correspondence and generally just a fantastic swap. Thanks!
Hair Type: I have 4 in. of straight, fine hair starting at the roots. The rest is loose curls/waves cut in layers.
Products: Fekkai Protein RX Reparative Shampoo and Conditioner, Aveda Light Elements Smoothing Fluid, Biosilk Silk Therapy

Comments

• brooklybrookly Posts: 32Registered Users
    i had a great swap with kurlyswirl!!
    feed people - www.thehungersite.com
  • gekko422gekko422 Posts: 4,869Registered Users
    I received my package from elizabethhoye, great swap and thanks so much!!!
    Democracy is not a spectator sport.

You know why pandas are endangered? Cause pandas ain't got no game.

Jesus loves you, but I'm his favorite.
  • duckyducky Posts: 927Registered Users
    I bought some conditioner from StrawberiCurls and she was great! She kept PM-ing me and letting me know when she was going to send it, and she packaged it well and she was prompt and everything!
  • curlsntexascurlsntexas Posts: 3Registered Users
    Great sell/ swap, packed good and included extra goodies!! :D

sorry had a blond moment :roll: edit to add my swap was with "jennifer ^v^"
    2c-3a waist length...much better hair after going low-poo
    Love Sally's generic brands of Infusium, and FX mousse
  • selfcurledgirlselfcurledgirl Posts: 516Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I have been a bit frustrated with brookly, which I hate to say as she seems like a nice person. I sent her a free product I didn't like and she was supposed to send me something in return but it has been a while and she hasn't answered my emails about it. I just don't get it. I am sorry if the product comes tomorrow and will edit this, but as of now I am in the dark.
    Hair type, thin, 3b, past my shoulders always looking for length. Use jessicurl hair cleansing cream, devacurl one c, angel, set it free, Always see a deva trained stylist for cut and Aveda Institute for color.
    Brookly posted that she sent out the product and just was swamped at work so all is well...
    Hair type, thin, 3b, past my shoulders always looking for length. Use jessicurl hair cleansing cream, devacurl one c, angel, set it free, Always see a deva trained stylist for cut and Aveda Institute for color.
    Brookly posted that she sent out the product and just was swamped at work so all is well...

did you ever get it?
  • Aya9877Aya9877 Posts: 97Registered Users
    just had a great swap with elkmoonjumper. Would definately swap with again!
    GuardianB wrote:
    I am perfect.
    - February 25, 2004

Aya. That's Aya spelled backwards.

Barack Obama for President in 2008!
  • elcmoonjumperelcmoonjumper Posts: 1Registered Users
    Had a wonderful swap with Aya9877, received my biotera very fast !!!
  • elizabethhoyeelizabethhoye Posts: 8Registered Users
    Great swap with Brookly. She sent her payment out quickly and was nice to deal with. Thanks!
    Hair Type: I have 4 in. of straight, fine hair starting at the roots. The rest is loose curls/waves cut in layers.
    Products: Fekkai Protein RX Reparative Shampoo and Conditioner, Aveda Light Elements Smoothing Fluid, Biosilk Silk Therapy
    Yes, I got the product from brookly and I have to say that I have never been cheated on a swap. I am just swapping with mongo(I think that is the name) and this is going well. It is incredible how we can do all this. I have gotten rid of all products I don't want basically. This is a great board. :lol:
  • DarbyDarby Posts: 1,025Registered Users
    Been trying to get a swap done with Curl Interrupted. I will edit this post once (if) I hear anything more back.
    But, I'm very dissapointed. I sent money the first of Jan. (via paypal) for some shampoo.
    After two weeks went by I emailed her and asked where it was. She forgot.
    So, I let it go at that. It's been now 7 mailing days and nothing. No product and no email.
    I have sent an email telling her that if she has indeed sent the shampoo, then great - if not, please paypal me back my money.
    I have already went out and bought the shampoo that I wanted from her in the first place.
    Very frustrating!
    Darby
    PW:curlyhaired

Natural hair color - dark brunette
    Fine, thinish hair/3a, 3b
    Darby - I recommend to start a topic about your problems with the nc.comer. Some people don't read this thread or all the messages contained in it.
    Elizabethhoye: what is nc.comer?
    Darby

I just word it like that to refer to someone who goes on naturallycurly.com
    HOw'd this happen. Double Post :oops:
    Oops. triple post :(
    Had a great swap with elizabethhoye. The products arrived safely packaged and there were extra goodies!

Thanks so much!!!
    I've given ample time and now is the time to post an unsuccessful swap with Curl Interupted.
    Here's the story and if anyone want proof (with emails) I have them. I won't post them publicly but I surely will privately If you are wondering whether or not to do swaps with her.
    Anyway.... I pay pal'd her on the 31st of Dec. for some shampoo, on the 18th of Jan. after I have received nothing, I emailed her. She emailed me back because she forgot to send it out.
    I really wanted this shampoo so I ordered it on line and received that package a few days later.
    By the 28th of Jan. still nothing from Curl Interupted. I emailed her again and she said she mailed it out. Still nothing.
    So, that's my story. I personally will not do swaps with this person ever again.
    She didn't make an offer to make good.
    I have done that with people if I don't insure it.
    Darby

• CurliLocksCurliLocks Posts: 10,572Registered Users Curl Dabbler
    Since the old thread is MIA and had gotten very long, perhaps we can start a separate thread for BAD swaps? That way we can look for complaints first if we don't want to go thru the whole long list. :) Just a suggestion.
    SF Bay Area, CA * "The Angel-Goddess-Guru of Haircoloring" :D
    3b/c/a mix. medium texture, low porosity
    My Motto: Strand Test! some hair pics
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] -- gone, but never forgotten.
    that's a good idea.
    Darby

Had a smooth swap with CurlyBritChick, I'm excited to try the Boots cream! Thank you!!!
  • JENCURL2JENCURL2 Posts: 23Registered Users
    Forgot to add that I had a wonderful buy from Chelle!
    aka jencurl
  • jennifer ^v^jennifer ^v^ Posts: 16Registered Users
    Ah, dang! I forgot to post that I had a good sale experience with curlsntexas. Communicating with her was easy, her payment came quickly, and she was very polite. *thumbs up*
  • curlyarcacurlyarca Posts: 8,449Registered Users
    I had a flawless buy with kurlyswirl! Thanks again kurlyswirl!!!

"In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer."

4a, mbl, low porosity, normal thickness, fine hair.
  • senglundsenglund Posts: 7Registered Users
    I just had a great trade with potterville. Bought a 32oz. bottle of Devacurl One Condition - good price, great communications, and incredibly fast shipping - and I love the product. I'm very happy and wouldn't hesitate to deal with her again. Thanks potterville

Hair Type: 3b shoulder length, just going no-poo and learning to deal with the curls. Hair was always thick but just wavy - now it's gone completely curly and is much thinner. Curl disappears and it becomes a complete disaster if I touch it. This board is fabulous.[/b]
  • juliehoosierjuliehoosier Posts: 15Registered Users
    I had a great swap with kurlyswirl--I hope it was good for her, too. I got her stuff right away--via the Post Office---I sent mine UPS--and it took her forever to get it! :x Next time I'm doing the post office, too!

Also, curlyjo310 sent me some Jessicurl Cleasning Cream for free! :D I also got that right away
    3a/b shoulder length auburn Boticellis
    No-poo since 2/13/04
    Currently using Devacurl line--and I may never go back to anything else! No poo once a week. One Condition every day, followed by AnGell.
  • coutmancoutman Posts: 31Registered Users
    I just had a great swap with "criswithnoh". Came just in time to give to my mother. She is very happy.

Would swap with her again, if I had more products. NO MORE PRODUCT JUKIE FOR ME!

thanks criswithnoh!
    I am a 4a/3c/4b.Either condish wash with Jessicurl Aloeba or Jessicurl Hair Cleanser. Condish with Jessicurl Too Shea! Shake and add Jessicurl Rockin' Ringlets or Curve Curly Pudding or Meringue or FOTE Aloe Vera Gel with Vitamin E.
  • reallyLilyreallyLily Posts: 73Registered Users
    I had a great swap with coutman :)
    2b/3a wavy
  • RunnerGirl_CristinaRunnerGirl_Cristina Posts: 131Registered Users
    first time reading this thread, i've swapped/bought/sold from 3 members who were very pleasent :) A+ to coutman, juliehossier, and chelle!!! :D
    "You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedburg (RIP)