what's your fav moisturizing rinse out?

I'm jumping on the CG bandwagon again (tried last fall, then I got pregnant and hormones messed with everything including my hair so I fell back into old habits and simply "survived" for a few months!). I used a clarifying low-poo a few days ago, and co-washed for the first time today.

Lately no matter what I do I end up with lots of frizz and flyaways as my hair air-dries (no time for diffusing -- I've got a toddler!). And I'm thinking I'm needing a stronger moisturizing conditioner for my rinse-out. Today I used SN coconut for a co-wash, and I have a bottle of Renpure Moisturizing conditioner that I used for RO. But I realized how "runny" the Renpure is, and so I'm thinking of trying something thicker/stronger.

So what's your favorite moisturizing rinse-out conditioner? I have medium-long length hair, so I end up needing to use a lot, so I'd prefer something not too expensive...

P.S. I did also use a leave-in today, but still got the flyaways. Once my hair was dry I applied a little more leave-in which helped, but I'd still like to get it right the first time...
2b/c, medium-coarse texture, medium porosity, mod-CG
Mom of 2 little ones trying to find a cheap, easy routine...
Currently using:
Lo-poo: SM yucca & baobob
RO: YTCarrots
LI: SM milk
Gel: Tresemme and BRHG

Comments

• McfrizzyMcfrizzy Registered Users Posts: 406
    Um two great rinse outs for me are Garnier Fructis Triple Nutrition although you can try all the other types, it's about 7 dollars for 25 ounces at any drugstore. An even better rinse outis GVP conditioning balm which is really thick and can be found at Sally's. It's a little more expensive about 8 dollars for 16 ounces
    Lo-poo:organix Shea butter shampoo
    Co-wash: suave coconut
    Rinse out:GFTN/GVP conditioning balm
    Leave in: GF daily care spray leave in
    Serum-like product: still need one
    Gel:LA looks sport gel/ HESMU,GFPC
    Oils: olive, coconut

I think I'm normal-overly porous, medium-thick hair(although I see fine hair too), love protein
  • curlyevcurlyev Registered Users Posts: 246
    Yes to GVP Conditioning Balm, I got mine for 5.99. Sally's often has great sales! I love it! It just feels really good and makes my hair so much softer! I leave it in while I finish the rest of my shower/bath and rinse it out at the very end. You don't have to use a lot of it either, and I have tons of hair. ;)
    -3A, fine, very thick, normal por., normal elast., long, dye- free (CG since Nov. '11)
    -Low poo (As needed): CVS Argan Oil Renewing Shampoo
    -RO: GVP The Detangler
    -Styling: LALSG
    -PT: ION Effective Care (seldom)
    *I have learned that sometimes less is more when it comes to my hair*
    :love6:

• carrielynncarrielynn Registered Users Posts: 28
    Ok since I'm still kinda new to this... what is GVP?

No Sally's around here, just things like Target, Rite Aid, Walgreens, and local stores (Spartan & Meijer). But I'm not opposed to shopping online.

Anyone else have suggestions?
    2b/c, medium-coarse texture, medium porosity, mod-CG
    Mom of 2 little ones trying to find a cheap, easy routine...
    Currently using:
    Lo-poo: SM yucca & baobob
    RO: YTCarrots
    LI: SM milk
    Gel: Tresemme and BRHG
    GVP is a generic brand that Sally's sells. The generics are EXACT. GVP Conditioning Balm is the generic of Biolage Conditioning Balm. You can also order online at Sally's.
    -3A, fine, very thick, normal por., normal elast., long, dye- free (CG since Nov. '11)

• McfrizzyMcfrizzy Registered Users Posts: 406
    curlyev wrote: »
    GVP is a generic brand that Sally's sells. The generics are EXACT. GVP Conditioning Balm is the generic of Biolage Conditioning Balm. You can also order online at Sally's.

+1 also I've heard that Walgreens Carey's a generic brand of the biolage conditioning balm as well and I think it's pretty much the same. I'm not sure what the name is though

P.s I found out its called BioInfusion Professional Hydrating Conditioning Balm I believe n I think it's 8 dollars for around 17 ounces
    Lo-poo:organix Shea butter shampoo
    Co-wash: suave coconut
    Rinse out:GFTN/GVP conditioning balm
    Leave in: GF daily care spray leave in
    Serum-like product: still need one
    Gel:LA looks sport gel/ HESMU,GFPC
    Oils: olive, coconut

I think I'm normal-overly porous, medium-thick hair(although I see fine hair too), love protein
    Yeah, I believe you are right. It says "compare to biolage" on the bottle. Yeah, that one would be easier to get since there is no Sallys near her. Actually I have seen some girls talk about a generic at Akins, and it's like 2 or 3 dollars. I've never tried those, but they are all pretty much the same from what I can tell.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file