CurlTalk

Hair looks best when slightly damp

I noticed that my hair looks and feels its best when it's about 90% dry. It's so nice and soft and pliable with a good weightiness to it. Once it's completely dry, it's fluffy and flyaway and feels parched. I assume this means my hair is dry, but nothing I have tried seems to help or get it to feel as hydrated as it does when it is in that state. Any thoughts/ideas?

Comments

• GretchenGretchen Administrator Posts: 8,424Administrators, Moderators Administrator
    Are you deep treating?

Gretchen
    NaturallyCurly.com co-founder
    3A

You are beautiful!
  • loremipsumloremipsum Posts: 160Registered Users
    Hi Gretchen. I am walking a tricky line because my hair is fine and overconditioned easily--but still dry. In other words, most conditioners, deep ones included, just coat the outside of my hair and that actually makes it feel worse...maybe because I have very nonporous hair. I have tried applying heat but it didn't really help. When I apply oils, they tend to just make my hair greasy, but it doesn't actually feel any better. I have tried leaving oil on overnight, then rinsing it out in the morning--but I need to use a sulfate shampoo or I can't get it all out, which defeats the whole purpose!

I am totally at a loss :\