We’d like your help getting CurlTalk back on its feet!

By participating on CurlTalk — posting, commenting, liking — in the next few weeks, you will automatically be entered to win amazing prizes.

Our latest winner is Savagegirl!

CurlyCanadian, Bomega and EllaJ have also won wonderful prizes! Will you be next? Post, like, comment, GET ACTIVE and help us get CurlTalk ENERGIZED again!

Learn more!

Bangs?

I recently got my hair cut, and I'm not sure I like it. I have naturally curly hair that is straight on top but has ringlets on the bottom. My bangs are generally straight without having to style them. no matter what i do, theres always a problem.
When I straighten them, they fall flat and straight down in front of my face which is a problem because they're long.
When I blowdry them they flip up and out...
When I air dry they get wavy and flips out really far at the side. its like, theres all my hair, and then my bangs shoot out three inches from my head on the side. :( What should I do?

Comments

• KurlyPrincessKurlyPrincess Posts: 1,847Registered Users
    My stylist said that when you blow dry them, you need to blow dry them in the opposite way they are supposed to lay. I don't ever blow dry my hair.. so I don't know if that would help you or not.

But maybe you're straightening them wrong?
    <3 Our love is like the wind; I can't see it. But I can feel it. <3
  • McfrizzyMcfrizzy Posts: 406Registered Users
    From what I know when I straighten my bangs, I straighten them at an angle. I'm guessing you want to have bangs that are on the side aka side swept bangs. If that's true, try turning your straightener as you move you hair to the side or just experiment with the angle
    Lo-poo:organix Shea butter shampoo
    Co-wash: suave coconut
    Rinse out:GFTN/GVP conditioning balm
    Leave in: GF daily care spray leave in
    Serum-like product: still need one
    Gel:LA looks sport gel/ HESMU,GFPC
    Oils: olive, coconut

I think I'm normal-overly porous, medium-thick hair(although I see fine hair too), love protein
  • GretchenGretchen Administrator Posts: 9,001Administrators, Moderators Administrator
    Great advice, ladies!

Gretchen
    NaturallyCurly.com co-founder
    3A

You are beautiful!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file