We’d like your help getting CurlTalk back on its feet!

By participating on CurlTalk — posting, commenting, liking — in the next few weeks, you will automatically be entered to win amazing prizes.

Our latest winner is Savagegirl!

CurlyCanadian, Bomega and EllaJ have also won wonderful prizes! Will you be next? Post, like, comment, GET ACTIVE and help us get CurlTalk ENERGIZED again!

Learn more!

My Kinky Twists Disaster!!!! Has anyone else have one?

dededededede Posts: 78Registered Users
So, I was all excited about getting kinky twists, so I got them. Done by the Africans. Wrong decision because the lady, i don't think, knew how to work with natural hair. She used a small-toothed comb to detangle, used Pink Lotion as a moisturizer, pulled EXTREMELY tight, and it takes a lot for my hair break my hair.
So, I dealt with it for 10 hours, got home, HATED them, so I took them out. And I've never missed my natural hair so much!
I took them out with ease, and I immediately shampooed, did a protein treatment, and deep conditioned after. (i did one before the braids too).

So, right now, I'm trying to get back some strength and moisture in my hair. I don't think I had a ton of breakage. I'm never getting kinky twists again! if i do, I do them myself.

Has anyone else had a kinky twist disaster? If so, how did you nurse your hair back to health?
4.5"-5"
4 months natural
8 months post
4a/4b
My go-to styles: Wash-N-Go Pony puffs

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file