BS/ACV...

So I've read a number of articles and blogs recently that are all gung-ho about the concept of no-pooing with simply a baking soda/water mixture as a cleanser followed by an apple cider vinegar/water mixture as a conditioner/rinse. I decided to give it a try, and have been at it for 3 weeks.

I'd already been only washing my hair every 3-4 days anyway, so I haven't had a problem with any greasy transition. I seem to be having the opposite problem -- frizzy dryness the first day, and limp dryness the rest of the days.

I'm just wondering if anyone has had any luck using the BS/ACV routine exclusively, or do our curlies really need more/other product? I'm a mom of a toddler and pregnant with my second, so a cheap, easy routine is what I'm going for...

Thanks for your advice!
2b/c, medium-coarse texture, medium porosity, mod-CG
Mom of 2 little ones trying to find a cheap, easy routine...
Currently using:
Lo-poo: SM yucca & baobob
RO: YTCarrots
LI: SM milk
Gel: Tresemme and BRHG

Comments

• lauren28lauren28 Registered Users Posts: 7
    I tried this a few months ago on a whim, and sadly it didn't work for me. I really wanted it to. I had seen such nice pictures of people with happy, healthy hair.. unfortunately that wasn't me :P I don't get particularly greasy, but I found my hair oily, tacky, lifeless and generally unclean feeling. I hope it works better for you :)

Sent from my ADR6350 using CurlTalk App
  • carrielynncarrielynn Registered Users Posts: 28
    I know I was loving the results other people got and their before and after pictures!!! I even have a friend who did it and her usually-straight hair turned into beautiful soft waves. So jealous. Guess it just isn't the way to go for curlies! :(
    2b/c, medium-coarse texture, medium porosity, mod-CG
    Mom of 2 little ones trying to find a cheap, easy routine...
    Currently using:
    Lo-poo: SM yucca & baobob
    RO: YTCarrots
    LI: SM milk
    Gel: Tresemme and BRHG
  • Ems84Ems84 Registered Users Posts: 10
    ive been doing CG for about 2 months and my hair was going really limp. ended up doing a BS/ACV rinse and a PT and my hair turned out so curly and bouncy! best ive ever seen it! gonna try n doing it once a fortnight
  • unicyclistunicyclist Registered Users Posts: 181
    My hair got limp and horrrribly gross and greasy. I started doing an ACV rinse twice a week, and it helps so much! Not tried baking soda, though.
    Routine
    Weekly Shampoo: Kinky-Curly Come Clean + Coconut Oil
    Co-wash/RO: Cure Care Skin & Hair Conditioner
    LI: Kinky-Curly Knot Today
    Styler: Kinky-Curly Curling Custard

Techniques
    • combing to detangle and separate curls
    • scrunch 'n pump!
    • t-shirt turban
    Hair :love1: coconut oil and protein
    Hair :angry7: silicones, sulfates, glycerin, synthetic ingredients

2c/C/ii/low porosity. Growing out!
    *November- above chin
    *January- at chin
    *March- around collarbone
    :)
  • KeihsKeihs Registered Users Posts: 435 Curl Neophyte
    I think if your hair is dry, you should dilute the baking soda more.
    If it is limp, you should increase the baking soda, or decrease the vinegar.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file