Comments

• gagirl09gagirl09 Posts: 2,316Registered Users
    Yerp I like it

Curse you iPhone!!!
    Last relaxer: Nov. 24, 2008
    BC: December 19, 2009
    Products: Whatever works!
  • mia12mia12 Posts: 46Registered Users
    I was just about to make a thread for this line. I have the EverCreme cleansing conditioner and the nourishing conditioner as well. I used them both a few hours ago. I love the cowash! It smells really good and it seems to get my hair pretty clean. It doesn't really lather, instead it kind of foams a little when you massage it in. When I rinsed it out, my hair felt soooo soft. The directions say that you don't have to use a conditioner afterward. However, I bleached a few sections of my hair a while ago, so I always condition it after a wash. With the condish in my hair I was able to get a comb through it pretty easily. Its not the best conditioner I've ever used, but it gets the job done. Overall, I really like this line, but I've liked all the other l'oreal lines too (EverSleek and EverPure). The only downside is the size of the bottle. You only get about 8 ounces and my hair needs a lot of product. But I guess it's not too bad considering it costs about seven dollars.
  • gagirl09gagirl09 Posts: 2,316Registered Users
    mia12 wrote: »
    I was just about to make a thread for this line. I have the EverCreme cleansing conditioner and the nourishing conditioner as well. I used them both a few hours ago. I love the cowash! It smells really good and it seems to get my hair pretty clean. It doesn't really lather, instead it kind of foams a little when you massage it in. When I rinsed it out, my hair felt soooo soft. The directions say that you don't have to use a conditioner afterward. However, I bleached a few sections of my hair a while ago, so I always condition it after a wash. With the condish in my hair I was able to get a comb through it pretty easily. Its not the best conditioner I've ever used, but it gets the job done. Overall, I really like this line, but I've liked all the other l'oreal lines too (EverSleek and EverPure). The only downside is the size of the bottle. You only get about 8 ounces and my hair needs a lot of product. But I guess it's not too bad considering it costs about seven dollars.

That's why I like it. My hair feels soft afterwards. It reminds me of Curls cleansing conditioner. I think the smell is a little heavy but not ridiculous.

Curse you iPhone!!!
    Last relaxer: Nov. 24, 2008
    BC: December 19, 2009
    Products: Whatever works!
  • ArtemisBowArtemisBow Posts: 52Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    It's pretty obvious that L'Oreal has been reading hair boards and watch YouTube videos, so it is amusing they they got something like 'cleansing conditionder' backwards. LOL The first time I saw the name for the product EverCreme Conditioning Cleanser I thought it was a typo.
    Anyway, I'm still waiting for this to show at a store near me. I want to try it since it might be good for a cowash after working out.
  • empressriempressri Posts: 4,812Registered Users
    I just bought the cleanser and conditioner today! MY GOD they smell delicious. The ingredients look good, the only downsize seems to be, well the size. Hopefully I won't need to use much of either.
    Lady Hasytal in the Land of Product in the Order of the Curly Crusaders
    "Trust is knowing your SO would do the right thing in the face of strange vagina." Nej
    [/B]
  • greenandchicgreenandchic Posts: 2,584Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I brought the Nourishing Conditioner when Ulta was having a BOGO and I regret not getting the shampoo but it was all cleaned out I do like the conditioner so that's a good sign.
    APL BSL MBL WL HL TBL | porous, fine/medium strands, medium density
    My Fotki!
    Below: Typical PS bun
    004-vi.jpg
  • msdiva29msdiva29 Posts: 96Registered Users
    I bought this while browsing around in Target! Opps landed in my cart! Lol I used it and love it! I like the lathering feel( I was a dedicated miss jessies cleansing cream user). This product left a great impression on me.The price is awesome and the smell is nice!

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch 3G Slide using CurlTalk App
    Favorites: Donna Maria SBC
    Curl Junkie BO&AC
    Shea Moisture CES
    Castor Oil
    Don't Forget to Dream! ~ Madonna
    http://www.sheamaria.com
    Twitter: Elakia
  • sewt15sewt15 Posts: 115Registered Users
    omg, you all are really tempting me to take these braids out tonite so I can just try the cleans. condish. but im holding on and challenging myself. I cant wait until April. Does it remind you of the old cream of nature shampoo in the green and beige bottle (for those of you that has tried it)? If not, what shampoo gives your hair that feel (incredibly soft, detangled, condtioned)?

• mia12mia12 Posts: 46Registered Users
    sewt15 wrote: »
    omg, you all are really tempting me to take these braids out tonite so I can just try the cleans. condish. but im holding on and challenging myself. I cant wait until April. Does it remind you of the old cream of nature shampoo in the green and beige bottle (for those of you that has tried it)? If not, what shampoo gives your hair that feel (incredibly soft, detangled, condtioned)?

Well, it’s hard to compare it to a shampoo because it’s not really like one. It doesn’t lather at all; it just foams a tiny bit at the roots of your hair. It’s almost like when you use a lot of regular conditioner in your hair for detangling. You know how it foams a little when you comb it? That’s how this cleanser acts when you massage it into your scalp.

I’ve used cream of nature before, but I haven’t used the original one in years, so I can’t offer an accurate comparison. My hair feels better to me when I use this than when I use a shampoo. It’s not stripped at all. It’s almost up there with curl junkie daily fix. I might like it a little more just because its not as thick and I can distribute it throughout my hair easier. If I had to compare it to the feeling of a really good shampoo (soft, detangled, conditioned) I would say the old version of Giovanni’s smooth as silk (the one with the cones in it). It’s good, but I wouldn’t take my braids out for it! Just try it on your next wash day. Make sure you keep the receipt. If you don’t like it, take it back.
  • LanishaLanisha Posts: 467Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    mia12 wrote: »
    sewt15 wrote: »

Well, it’s hard to compare it to a shampoo because it’s not really like one. It doesn’t lather at all; it just foams a tiny bit at the roots of your hair. It’s almost like when you use a lot of regular conditioner in your hair for detangling. You know how it foams a little when you comb it? That’s how this cleanser acts when you massage it into your scalp.

I’ve used cream of nature before, but I haven’t used the original one in years, so I can’t offer an accurate comparison. My hair feels better to me when I use this than when I use a shampoo. It’s not stripped at all. It’s almost up there with curl junkie daily fix. I might like it a little more just because its not as thick and I can distribute it throughout my hair easier. If I had to compare it to the feeling of a really good shampoo (soft, detangled, conditioned) I would say the old version of Giovanni’s smooth as silk (the one with the cones in it). It’s good, but I wouldn’t take my braids out for it! Just try it on your next wash day. Make sure you keep the receipt. If you don’t like it, take it back.

Mia thank you for comparing it to CurlJunkie Daily Fix because i've been using that but i really want to make sure there's not a brick and mortar option before i reorder :) thanks!
    I finally found the EverCrème line at CVS. I tried the EverCrème Cleansing Conditioner yesterday to wash my cornrows with and must say that I'm impressed. It smells strong but really good for starters and is somewhat thick which I also like. It is easy to apply, massage in, and rinse from my cornrows plus it cleans very well.
    Will need to use it some more to know if it will be a staple. I will use it as a mid-week cowash to clean the sweat away after workouts but it should work great when needing to clean one´s hair while in braided styles.
  • keepitmovin2.0keepitmovin2.0 Posts: 653Registered Users
    I like the CJ Daily Fix and all but I honestly want to find something cheaper and more available. So, what's this strong smell? Sweet? Perfumy? Flowery? Grease?

What's it smell like?
    Currently using:

Poo: CON Sulfate Free poo
    Rinse out: Tresemme Naturals
    Leave-in: CJAOO Daily Cond
    Styler: KCCC sparingly and Ampro Olive Oil Gel where needed
    DT: KBB Lucious Locks Mask + EVOO/Avocado
    I like the CJ Daily Fix and all but I honestly want to find something cheaper and more available. So, what's this strong smell? Sweet? Perfumy? Flowery? Grease?

What's it smell like?

I'm not the best at pinpointing a scent but it smells like a perfume to me. I could smell it when applying it to my hair but it doesn't linger at all when washed out. I usually hate strong perfume-like scents because they make me think of old ladies but I actually like this one.
  • empressriempressri Posts: 4,812Registered Users
    Okay, so the cleansing one is fairly decent. Not as good as my CJ daily fix but it works. I got a little lather when I used more on a second go round, as I had gel in my hair.

Conditioner is also nice but I wish it was a little more emollient. But for the price it's alright.
    Lady Hasytal in the Land of Product in the Order of the Curly Crusaders
    "Trust is knowing your SO would do the right thing in the face of strange vagina." Nej
    [/B]
  • keepitmovin2.0keepitmovin2.0 Posts: 653Registered Users
    Hmmm....me likey. My hair has been cleaned well with this (I use butters, oils and a little gel here and there in my hair daily). I've used this everyday for the last 2 weeks and I'm really liking it so far.

I think it is a good alternative to the CJDF. What I've missed about CJ, it does seem to lather a bit better (when water is added) and that minty feeling. I love that, but this product works just fine and leaves my hair feeling soft.
    Currently using:

Poo: CON Sulfate Free poo
    Rinse out: Tresemme Naturals
    Leave-in: CJAOO Daily Cond
    Styler: KCCC sparingly and Ampro Olive Oil Gel where needed
    DT: KBB Lucious Locks Mask + EVOO/Avocado
  • greenandchicgreenandchic Posts: 2,584Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    nm
    APL BSL MBL WL HL TBL | porous, fine/medium strands, medium density
    My Fotki!
    Below: Typical PS bun
    004-vi.jpg