We’d like your help getting CurlTalk back on its feet!

By participating on CurlTalk — posting, commenting, liking — in the next few weeks, you will automatically be entered to win amazing prizes.

Our latest winner is Savagegirl!

CurlyCanadian, Bomega and EllaJ have also won wonderful prizes! Will you be next? Post, like, comment, GET ACTIVE and help us get CurlTalk ENERGIZED again!

Learn more!

Grandma story...

unicyclistunicyclist Posts: 181Registered Users
So my grandmother is very, very nice and is quite generous. She's always buying me products, haha, even though I insist that she doesn't need to. She also gives me advice, but I don't exactly agree with it. She says conditioner is totally unnecessary and all you need is a good, high-end shampoo. She got me a sample of Biolage Shampoo (which has sulfates/cones.) I was going CG, and she said she didn't want me using anymore conditioner and just to use the Biolage poo.

Anyway...
Today I saw her, and this was after I did an ACV rinse, conditioned with KCKT, and styled with KCCC. I asked her how my hair looked and told her I used the Biolage (even though I really didn't :rolleyes:)
She said it looked awesome! Hahahaha. I kind of feel bad for lying, but she told me it looked so much better. Just thought it was funny.
Routine
Weekly Shampoo: Kinky-Curly Come Clean + Coconut Oil
Co-wash/RO: Cure Care Skin & Hair Conditioner
LI: Kinky-Curly Knot Today
Styler: Kinky-Curly Curling Custard

Techniques
  • combing to detangle and separate curls
  • scrunch 'n pump!
  • t-shirt turban
Hair :love1: coconut oil and protein
Hair :angry7: silicones, sulfates, glycerin, synthetic ingredients

2c/C/ii/low porosity. Growing out!
*November- above chin
*January- at chin
*March- around collarbone
:)

Comments

• crwrittcrwritt Posts: 705Registered Users
    unicyclist wrote: »
    So my grandmother is very, very nice and is quite generous. She's always buying me products, haha, even though I insist that she doesn't need to. She also gives me advice, but I don't exactly agree with it. She says conditioner is totally unnecessary and all you need is a good, high-end shampoo. She got me a sample of Biolage Shampoo (which has sulfates/cones.) I was going CG, and she said she didn't want me using anymore conditioner and just to use the Biolage poo.

Anyway...
    Today I saw her, and this was after I did an ACV rinse, conditioned with KCKT, and styled with KCCC. I asked her how my hair looked and told her I used the Biolage (even though I really didn't :rolleyes:)
    She said it looked awesome! Hahahaha. I kind of feel bad for lying, but she told me it looked so much better. Just thought it was funny.

Glad your hair turned out well, but shame on you for lying. Now she'll go out and buy you a huge bottle of it!
  • unicyclistunicyclist Posts: 181Registered Users
    Hahaha! I hope she won't! AHHH. I'd feel so bad. If she does that, I'll...

I'll return it to the store then use them $ to buy her a present. Win-win! :mrgreen:
    Routine
    Weekly Shampoo: Kinky-Curly Come Clean + Coconut Oil
    Co-wash/RO: Cure Care Skin & Hair Conditioner
    LI: Kinky-Curly Knot Today
    Styler: Kinky-Curly Curling Custard

Techniques
    • combing to detangle and separate curls
    • scrunch 'n pump!
    • t-shirt turban
    Hair :love1: coconut oil and protein
    Hair :angry7: silicones, sulfates, glycerin, synthetic ingredients

2c/C/ii/low porosity. Growing out!
    *November- above chin
    *January- at chin
    *March- around collarbone
    :)
  • DedachanDedachan Posts: 1,644Registered Users
    How devious. I like it. :tongue:
  • squalenesqualene Posts: 8Registered Users
    Oh dear, she might get you more of that shampoo now.
    I guess it's too late to make your hair look dry and poofy and tell her it's cause of the shampoo.
  • ChantelleMarieChantelleMarie Posts: 37Registered Users
    I don't blame you for doing that! That might have been the only way to get an honest, unbiased answer out of her on how your hair actually looks! I'm sure it made her feel happy at the end. I find that trying to sway my own Grandma's mind is an impossible task, so I don't blame you for not trying to prove her wrong!
    Starting CG method *again* at the beginning of March 2012.

2b, low density, normal porosity
    ~ Sulfate & Silicone free for over 3 years ~
  • GretchenGretchen Administrator Posts: 8,963Administrators, Moderators Administrator
    Grandma sounds adorable!

Gretchen
    NaturallyCurly.com co-founder
    3A

You are beautiful!
  • GaladrielGaladriel Posts: 12Registered Users
    I don't blame you for doing that! That might have been the only way to get an honest, unbiased answer out of her on how your hair actually looks! I'm sure it made her feel happy at the end. I find that trying to sway my own Grandma's mind is an impossible task, so I don't blame you for not trying to prove her wrong!

I sympathize... My grandma is the one who tries to push shampoo on me the hardest...
  • susancnwsusancnw Posts: 1,371Registered Users Curl Novice
    Gretchen wrote: »
    Grandma sounds adorable!

I agree. I would have been happy to trade her for my paternal GM :D
    My son wears combat boots (and a parachute). So does my son-in-law.
    The older I get, the less patience I have with cleverness. Thomas Sowell.
    Resolve to perform what you ought. Perform without fail what you resolve. Benjamin Franklin.
    Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first. Mark Twain.

s-event.png

• SaraNoHSaraNoH Posts: 827Registered Users
    hehhe, well, you could sell any other products she buys you, then use the money to buy her a present xD

Grandma's are so awesome!
    CG Birthday: 7/25/11
    Type 3a/2c
    Dense, Fine in front Coarse in back, Low porosity
    Low-Poo: SM Moisture Retention Shampoo
    Rinse Out: Tresemme Naturals
    Leave In: ^^^^
    Stylers: AIF, Natural Silks Curly Gel
    *Desert Curly*

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji