We’d like your help getting CurlTalk back on its feet!

By participating on CurlTalk — posting, commenting, liking — in the next few weeks, you will automatically be entered to win amazing prizes.

Our latest winner is Savagegirl!

CurlyCanadian, Bomega and EllaJ have also won wonderful prizes! Will you be next? Post, like, comment, GET ACTIVE and help us get CurlTalk ENERGIZED again!

Learn more!

16 month old wavy hair help

Sweetb728Sweetb728 Posts: 4Registered Users
Here she is
d69f9d9d.jpg

Her hair is frizzy and straight but when wet its wavy/curly or when I put mouse in it. What hair type is this and how do I embrace her wavy hair? I have super straight hair so I don't know what products to use. Her hair looks like a rats nest when she wakes up from sleeping...how do I help that? I just brush her hair dry right now

Comments

• famus_darlingfamus_darling Posts: 85Registered Users
    I would try devacurl angel. It has a very light hold no alcohol. I assume the mouse you are using has alcohol which is going to dry out her hair.
    Me: 3c, very thick
    BC- May 2010
    Current routine:
    pre poo: avacado, banana babyfood, grapeseed oil, and silk amino acid. Cleanser: DC No Poo 1x a week and BC 1x a week. DT: GVP Cond balm and grape seed oil
    Co-wash: GVP CD, TJ tea tree
    Leave-in: GVP CD, TJ tea tree, and grape seed oil
    Styling: HETT and castor oil
    DD (8 & 6 yo): both4s (1 thick, 2 thin) – keep in 2strand twists
    DD (4yo): 3b (very thin, hard to grow) – keep in single braids with lots of beads for protection
  • becky1981becky1981 Posts: 3Registered Users
    I would recommend not brushing it.. use a wide tooth comb only when wet instead. My 17 month old has hair like this and I am still trying to figure out what to put in it to keep the curls nice once dry. I hope you get some good feedback :glasses2:
    2c hair... high porosity

Co-Wash- Vo5 Moisture milks
    Conditioner- Tresseme Naturals
    Products: LALooks Sport mixed with distilled water to form spray gel

DD1- 3a/3b hair
    DD2- 2b?? we shall see as it grows!!
  • subbrocksubbrock Posts: 8,212Registered Users
    I agree with becky. Around this age is when I started using kinky curly knot today and curling custard on my oldest daughter (she's 4 now). Try the swap board to see if you can get a sample before you take the plunge and buy full size products that may not work.

Blame it on the cell phone...

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file