CurlTalk

Shea Moisture

JydalJydal Posts: 178Registered Users
I noticed Shea Moisture products have water listed first and then shea butter. Does this make it both a moisturizer and a sealant? Thx for any help!

Comments

• CuteKinksCuteKinks Posts: 76Registered Users
    You know, I've often wondered about products that contain ingredients that are moisturizers and sealants. I actually don't have an answer for you... just wanted to let you know that you are not the only one that is sometimes confused by this lol. That's why I don't even bother with the whole moisturizer/sealant thing.

I say try it out and see if it moisturizes your hair, then maybe you can determine whether or not you can use the product to moisturize or to seal.

CuteKinks
  • InimitableInimitable Posts: 148Registered Users
    I know some ppl use SM products without having to seal afterwards for this exact reason. it is a moisturizer and kinda a heavy butter at the same time. if it works well without a sealer, dont use an oil afterwards. if your tresses seem dry hours later use one. there a alot of varaibles such as weather and your hairs own reactions. I assume youre most likely referring to the curl enhancing smoothie and like i said some ppl get great results using it as both. HTH
    BC'd July 1, 2011:love10:
    Bella is dense, thick, with low porosity

Sporadic Rants in Blog Form
  • Curlychika916Curlychika916 Posts: 3Registered Users
    I like it as a moisturizer. What I do is use it as a leave in then whether or not my hair has been extra dry or not seal it with some coconut oil.
  • Naturally1908Naturally1908 Posts: 56Registered Users
    I am a regular Shea Moisture user and I still use a sealant. One thing you should be careful with is that SM has does have protein in their ingredients so if you are protein sensitive, you may want to reduce the frequency that you use that line and alternate with something else like Oyin Handmade.
    Monique - Natural Hair Advocate - Blogger
    Proud Member of Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc
    I tweet! www.twitter.com/naturally1908
    I blog! www.naturalandfab.com

event.png

event.png

[/CENTER]