CurlTalk

New to protein

GoddessCurlsGoddessCurls Posts: 1,537Registered Users
So I had issues with protein before when I used conditioners with it. I think maybe I should have also used a more moisturizing conditioner after. I had notice parts of my hair becoming limp and fine...and that area seems to spread. There is more fine hair than there used to be. So I bought some v05 protein conditioner...real cheap. I also did an emergencee treatment this past week. Think I'll do that at least weekly for a while. Anyway so after the vo5 I use other more moisturizing conditioner plus I don't like the smell of the vo5 so I will be looking for this new tresseme with protein that's supposed to smell good. So my curls in front are a little bouncier...and feel a little more substantial...yay. Think I may have found a winner.

Sent from my iPhone using CurlTalk

Back on Cones,so now my routine is,wash with Deva No-Poo every other day or so. Occasionally use 365 sulfate free,maybe use low sulfate shampoo mixed with conditioner once every two weeks are longer. I condition with Aussie Moist or HEHH. I style with a little GF TN,and finish up with tons of GN Pure Clean Smoothing Cream. No frizz...slippy, happy hair.

Comments

• scotron80scotron80 Posts: 12Registered Users
    hi ,

just been start using protein and i have to say that i just love it!!

do you use it for a long time now ? ?

great forum by the way, love it!!

cheers!!

scot
    "curly man and loving it!!!"
    tel aviv hotel
    tel aviv real estate
  • Corrina777Corrina777 Posts: 3,193Registered Users
    I found that mixing my protein conditioner with something more moisturizing seems to work as well as following one conditioner with the other. Plus, it saves me a step in the shower.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    3a/f/iii
    Modified CG since 11/5/11
    CLEANSE: CJ Daily Fix, DevaCare No-Poo, CHS Treatment Shampoo
    RO: SS Caitlin's Conditioner, CJ Beauticurls Strengthening
    LI: SS Repairing Protein Treatment, CHS Silk Leave-In
    STYLE: Re:Coil, Curl Keeper, Deva Ultra Defining Gel, Curls Rock Amplifier,Sweet Curls Elixirs Okra Gel and Hard Hold Gel, SS Curl Enhancing Jelly and Firm Hold Gel
  • curlangel0690curlangel0690 Posts: 172Registered Users
    I do my PT's once a week to once every two weeks depending on how my hair feels. I use IAGirls' PT recipe and blow dry it in and follow with a DT. That being said I have found that if I use products with protein such as my co-wash, RO, LI and even occasionally my stylers I don't have to do PT as often as I used to which saves me time and money. The trick is to make sure there is a balance. If I use on any given day a co-wash and RO with protein I will make sure I use a LI without any so I don't overdo it. This has worked really well for me.
    "I'm not high maintenance, my hair is."
    3c mostly fine, high to normal porosity, medium density, normal elasticity

Co-Wash- VO5 Vanilla Mint Tea, TreSemme Naturals
    LowPoo- GTTT
    RO- GVP Conditioning Balm
    LI- Giovanni Direct Leave In, GVP Conditioning Balm,
    Stylers- KMFUM, Eco Styler Krystal, AOMMM, UFDCM,
    Oils- Jojoba, Sweet Almond, Coconut
    PT- IAGirl's Gelatin PT
    DC- AS I Am Hydrating Mask