CurlTalk

Biotin....whos taking it.

JasminesbbyJasminesbby Posts: 61Registered Users
Hey, im taking biotin and I dont know what is really working. What brands are you guys taking? How long did it take you to see results?

Jasmine S.Bby

Comments

• Nikki3bNikki3b Posts: 327Registered Users
    Hey, im taking biotin and I dont know what is really working. What brands are you guys taking? How long did it take you to see results?

Jasmine S.Bby
    637f4dd8-ca55-6583.jpg

Jasmine, go get these right now! I've used ten for two yra and my nails grown thick and my hair grows about 1 inch per month. It took me about 3 months to start seeing results. Even my lashes grew long but that was after about a yr l
    I also take them with this. It helps keep skin moisturized and just smoother all around 637f4dd8-caa8-c86e.jpg
  • JasminesbbyJasminesbby Posts: 61Registered Users
    I take these but I only been taking them for about 2 weeks now...lol. I cant be impatient so until ive taken them for atleast a month I am going to give you my opinion again :). One thing I have noticed was my skin getting better, because I have been breaking out lately and I have never broken out before.

Jasmine S.Bby
    Sorry my picture is sideways.

Jasmine S.Bby
    I take these but I only been taking them for about 2 weeks now...lol. I cant be impatient so until ive taken them for atleast a month I am going to give you my opinion again :). One thing I have noticed was my skin getting better, because I have been breaking out lately and I have never broken out before.

Jasmine S.Bby

Yup those are the ones I took before the ones I'm taking now. They're great. I took the pill form tho. You'll start seeing results in about 2-3 months
  • fridaytfridayt Posts: 25Registered Users
    I am taking Nature Made biotin along with a bunch of other B vitamins and msm from gnc.

Sent from my LG-E739 using CurlTalk App
    @fridayT what kind you take.

Jasmine S.Bby
  • imGellinimGellin Posts: 11Registered Users
    I was taking 1000 mcg for a whole month and I didn't feel like it sped up my growth any So I stopped but that's just me it could work for someone else

Sent from my ADR6325 using CurlTalk App
    You have to take at least 3000 mcg to see a difference
  • fridaytfridayt Posts: 25Registered Users
    I am taking the 2500 mcg. When I am done with that bottle I will take the 3500. I would have taken that one but I didn't know they had that potency. I have noticed a change in my hair and it is truly starting to grow. But I did have to wait about 1 month and take other vitamins and mineral with it.

fridayt wrote: »
    I am taking the 2500 mcg. When I am done with that bottle I will take the 3500. I would have taken that one but I didn't know they had that potency. I have noticed a change in my hair and it is truly starting to grow. But I did have to wait about 1 month and take other vitamins and mineral with it.

I didn't find biotin to work out on its own. I use the one pictured above. It seems as if biotin works better when it's taken with other vitamins and minerals. You can take up to 5000 mcg or 5 mg ( same thing) but I've taken 5mg with no difference to the 3 mg. But you have to consume 3 mg to really see a difference
  • SMILE1234567SMILE1234567 Banned Posts: 70Banned Users
    I have some advice! I just joined naturally curly :)

Sent from my GT-I9000 using CurlTalk App
    Is anyone online :(

lol whats your adivce.
    Nikki3b wrote: »

ok so, the be beautiful soft chews it doesn't say how much it is....do you know if it is up to 3000 or what?
    Ok. So first what hair type are you?

First I need to no ur hair type :)

lol whats your adivce.

First what hair type r u? :)

What hairtype are you .

lol whats your adivce.

Thanks!
    Nikki3b wrote: »

ok so, the be beautiful soft chews it doesn't say how much it is....do you know if it is up to 3000 or what?
    I know the be beautiful line has at least 3000mcg which is perfect. When your done with the chews, switch to the pills. All you need is one pill a day. I take mine at night because biotin is water soluble. So I just figure I won't urinate all the biotin during the day verses at night
    I dnt have an hair type yet not until I cut off my relaxed ends.

Jasmine S.Bby
    That was @curlytellsi

Jasmine S.Bby
    @nikki3b Girl you have been a big help thanks. Lol, I don't think I will be done until april. I got two packages lol.

Jasmine S.Bby
    Oops curlystelli sorry

Jasmine S.Bby
    @nikki3b Girl you have been a big help thanks. Lol, I don't think I will be done until april. I got two packages lol.

Jasmine S.Bby

No problem. If you have any more questions feel free to ask. It make take while to see results but just keep takin them
  • JlgoinggreenJlgoinggreen Posts: 26Registered Users
    Not sure if you are interested, byte changing your diet helps a lot for hair growth. Have you tried any green smoothness?

These are also natural ways of getting booting:

Swiss Chard - This green plant is a top producer of biotin. It's also a great part of a healthy salad choice that will provide antioxidants and help balance a diet. 2. Carrots - Carrots contain a supply of biotin, as well as beta-carotene, which helps with general eye health. 3. Almonds, Walnuts and Other Nuts - A variety of nuts supply the body with biotin, and are a portable way to get proteins and other nutrition into a diet. 4. Chicken Eggs - Eggs are a source of biotin, although it's important to note that eating a diet unusually high in egg whites can actually be a catalyst for a biotin deficiency. That's because a specific element in the egg whites binds to the element and prevents it from being distributed properly. It's important to always consider how eggs are added to a diet in order to prevent this kind of vitamin deficiency. 5. Goat's Milk and Cow's Milk - In addition to calcium and other healthy items, milks are also a source of biotin for the body. 6. Berries and Fruits - Some types of berries, including strawberries and raspberries, can get the body a significant amount of biotin. These fruits also provide antioxidants and health benefits, as part of a natural, whole food approach to eating. Experts recommend buying local and organic when possible. 7. Halibut - In addition to being "brain food," this fish also contains large amounts of biotin. Think about adding it as an occasional entre. 8. Vegetables - Other vegetables like onions, cucumbers and cauliflower all contain biotin, and are healthy ways to fit this vitamin into meals.

The above are some of the healthiest way to get it.

By the way, I got this off a healthy eating website and now can't find link with my phone. Sorry.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk
    :hello2:
    Thank You,
    Jen

Last Chemical Straightener on 12/24/2011
    Big Chop 2/12/2013
  • JlgoinggreenJlgoinggreen Posts: 26Registered Users
    Yikes, sorry for all the spelling errors, my smart phone has a mind and language of its own.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk
    :hello2:
    Thank You,
    Jen

Last Chemical Straightener on 12/24/2011
    Big Chop 2/12/2013
    Alot of what you listed I eat in my everyday diet, I don't feel I need to change my diet, I feel like I have enough nutrition already.

Jasmine S.Bby
  • ohtashohtash Posts: 90Registered Users
    I've been taking Biotin on and off late last year because it was making me break out on my face. But last month I started taking it again and it's been fine. It's only be 3 weeks so it's too soon to see the difference with my hair. BUT I will say that my nails are growing like crazy.

this is the brand I'm using. Once it's finished, I want to use a higher MCG. Since I'm taking 600 MCG, I take 2 so it can be more effective.
  • hippiedollhippiedoll Posts: 398Registered Users
    I don't take plain biotin pills by themselves. However, I take a women's daily vitamin than has a great amount of biotin in it
    Products I'm currently :love10::
    • Karen's Body Beautiful Sweet Ambrosia (Vanilla Latte scent)
    • Shea Moisture Coconut & Hibiscus Curl & Style Milk
    • Certified Organic Coconut Oil
    • Karen's Body Beautiful Heavenly Jojoba Oil
    Staple Deep Conditioners: Giovanni Direct Leave-in and Karen's Body Beautiful Luscious Locks Hair Mask :love5:
    Recent newbie to the Curly Girl Method
    6 months post relaxer. I will be 7 months post September 17 !! :occasion9: