Recipe for something like gvp conditioning balm?

I like in Australia, so no Sally for me. I love the Matrix version, and I make my own condish so I'm wondering if anyone has a recipe for something as conditioning as the balm? Or suggestions on where to get started in making one up?
TIA

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
3a, low porosity, protein sensitive, medium texture (with random coarse strands), growing out a pixie cut

Located in Tasmania, Australia

:wav:

Comments

• CurlyFireHorseCurlyFireHorse Posts: 350Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    CurlyFireHorse
    Hair: 2a or 3a (not sure), very porous and fine as frog hair
    Day 1: Cowash and condition with AO GPB, ACV Rinse,
    Co-Kra gel (this stuff is fantastic)

Day 2: KCKT, KCCC, plop, KCCC, plop again, air dry
    Day 3: Curly Kinks Satin Roots, Coil Jam
    Day 4: IAGirl's PT, KBB DT, FSG

Co-Kra gel is my own concoction of okra boiled in coconut milk. It is a cross between FSG and KCCC and leaves my hair very soft and shiny
  • CurlyFireHorseCurlyFireHorse Posts: 350Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I have not tried this recipe yet, but it sounds like a good one. You could add hydrolyzed wheat protein or whichever you prefer. Let me know if you try it. I found it on this website Easy Aromatherapy Recipes.

HTH :bom:

Ingredients
    2 tablespoons (30ml) Carrier Oil for your hair type (see above)
    1 tablespoon (3-4g) Emulsifying Wax
    1/2 tsp (2.5ml) Vitamin E (or 2 capsules)
    1/2 cup (125ml) distilled Water or Herbal Infusion
    (
    5 drops Grapefruit Seed extract
    Essential Oil Blend for your hair type
    Directions
    1. Stir together the oil and emulsifying wax in the top part of a double boiler, warming slowly over a low heat until the wax is melted. Remove from heat and pour in the Vitamin E.
    3. In a separate pot on the stove or in the microwave, gently warm the water or herbal infusion just until lukewarm. Do NOT skip this step or your conditioner will separate later on.
    5. Slowly pour the water/herbal infusion into the oil mixture, stirring constantly with a wire whisk until the mixture is thick and smooth.
    7. Stir in the essential oils and the grapefruit seed extract. Pour the natural hair conditioner into a clean, sterilized 8oz (250ml) dark glass or PET plastic bottle and allow it to cool before putting the lid on.
    9. Shake the bottle occasionally as the conditioner cools to prevent the ingredients from separating. Store in a cool, dark place.
    Herbs for Natural Hair Conditioner Recipes
    Add a herbal infusion to your natural hair conditioner to enhance the color and healthy appearance of your hair. Here's how:

1. Combine 1/4 cup (60ml) distilled water with 1 tablespoon each of the appropriate herbs in a small pot and bring to a boil on the stove.
    3. Remove from the heat and let steep for 30 minutes to an hour.
    5. Strain out the herbs and replace the water with your infusion in the basic conditioner recipe above.
    Blonde Hair
    Dried Calendula, Chamomile, Lemon
    CurlyFireHorse
    Hair: 2a or 3a (not sure), very porous and fine as frog hair
    Day 1: Cowash and condition with AO GPB, ACV Rinse,
    Co-Kra gel (this stuff is fantastic)

Day 2: KCKT, KCCC, plop, KCCC, plop again, air dry
    Day 3: Curly Kinks Satin Roots, Coil Jam
    Day 4: IAGirl's PT, KBB DT, FSG

Co-Kra gel is my own concoction of okra boiled in coconut milk. It is a cross between FSG and KCCC and leaves my hair very soft and shiny
  • TassieAngeTassieAnge Posts: 116Registered Users
    Just mixed this up, with marshmallow root, calendula and hibiscus infusion. didn't have vit E so I threw in some glycerin and some preservative instead of the grapeseed extract. The hibiscus makes it a gorgeous pink, like strawberry mousse.

It doesn't seem as thick as the balm. I think more conditioning emulsifier is needed to get it there, but it's a fun start, thanks. I'll try it tomorrow morning.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    3a, low porosity, protein sensitive, medium texture (with random coarse strands), growing out a pixie cut

• TassieAngeTassieAnge Posts: 116Registered Users
    Ok, it was okay I guess. I was disappointed to be honest. Not nearly as conditioning as my poor poor curls need. I will use it as a cowash, it needs about five times the amount of btms on the next try, at a guess.

Thanks for the recipe though, I really appreciated your help. I still love the colour of the hibiscus :love5:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file