We’d like your help getting CurlTalk back on its feet!

By participating on CurlTalk — posting, commenting, liking — in the next few weeks, you will automatically be entered to win amazing prizes.

Our latest winner is Savagegirl!

CurlyCanadian, Bomega and EllaJ have also won wonderful prizes! Will you be next? Post, like, comment, GET ACTIVE and help us get CurlTalk ENERGIZED again!

Learn more!

Commercial sub for fsg?

I've been using fsg for about a month and love what it does to my hair. But I don't always have time to make it so am wondering if there's something that has the same effect that I could buy as a back up?

Comments

• twelchtwelch Posts: 5Registered Users
    Try kinky kurly

Sent from my ADR6350 using CurlTalk App
  • asianrunnerasianrunner Posts: 2,251Registered Users
    Jessicurl Rockin' Ringlets is flax seed based. Not everyone loves it due to the mag sulfate in it though. I've never made my own but have bought FSG from Botticelli Botanicals on etsy and definitely prefer the Jessicurl RR.
    Coarse texture, normal-high porosity, normal elasticity (Komaza Care), very weak waves
    cleanser: Redken Fresh Curls Shampoo, CJ Daily Fix

rinse out: GVP Conditioning Balm, CJ Beauticurls, CJ Smoothing

jellies/creams: CR Curl Maker, KCCC
    gels: CJ CQ, CJ Pattern Pusha, BRHG

• adthomasadthomas Posts: 5,525Registered Users
    There is a company on Etsy that sells it. I bought some before I decided to make it myself. It was moisturizing.
    Yes, it's real. No, you can't touch it. :wav:
  • adorame06adorame06 Posts: 572Registered Users
    I've been using fsg for about a month and love what it does to my hair. But I don't always have time to make it so am wondering if there's something that has the same effect that I could buy as a back up?

Have you tried just soaking the flax seeds overnight or all day and then just straining it? I do this when I lack for time and it works just as well as when I boil it.
    CG on 2/16/2010
    My curls looks like the 3a pictures
    Hair length is to my bra strap, it's fine textured, but the density is thick, not much elasticity, Naturally Blonde but Color treated because of graying going on

My hair loves
    coconut oil
    Homemade FSG
    Hair one for my co wash
    Ecostyler olive oil

Princess Brandy Brat, Chief Jewel Crafter and Royal Nanny to the Court of the Red and White Rose for the Order of the Curly Crusaders.
  • Carpool CurlyCarpool Curly Posts: 68Registered Users
    Thanks everyone. I definitely need to get something that I can travel with too, so will try some of these products.
    adorame06 wrote: »

Have you tried just soaking the flax seeds overnight or all day and then just straining it? I do this when I lack for time and it works just as well as when I boil it.

Seriously? That would be awesome!
    Thanks everyone. I definitely need to get something that I can travel with too, so will try some of these products.

Seriously? That would be awesome!

Yes! here is what I do. 1/2 teaspoon of sea salt to 1/4 cup of flax seeds and 1 cup of water and let it soak all day long and then strain it and it turns out just fine, no boiling required :)
    CG on 2/16/2010
    Hair length is to my bra strap, it's fine textured, but the density is thick, not much elasticity, Naturally Blonde but Color treated because of graying going on

My hair loves
    coconut oil
    Homemade FSG
    Hair one for my co wash
    Ecostyler olive oil

Princess Brandy Brat, Chief Jewel Crafter and Royal Nanny to the Court of the Red and White Rose for the Order of the Curly Crusaders.
    I'll have to try that next time. What's the sea salt for? I put epsom salt in my last batch to increase curl (haven't tried it yet though).
    I'll have to try that next time. What's the sea salt for? I put epsom salt in my last batch to increase curl (haven't tried it yet though).

I just use sea salt instead of Epsom salt is all. You can use the Epsom salt if you like
    Sent from my Ally using CurlTalk App
    CG on 2/16/2010

My hair loves
    coconut oil
    Homemade FSG
    Hair one for my co wash
    Ecostyler olive oil

I just use sea salt instead of Epsom salt is all. You can use the Epsom salt if you like
    Sent from my Ally using CurlTalk App

Thanks!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file