After shower products?

mauraraemaurarae Posts: 3Registered Users
Hello!

I'm a senior in high school and have 2c/3a type hair. I've been going curly and letting it down since basically the start of high school. I am not using the curly girl method although I may consider that in the future.

I was just curious as to people with a similar hair type, what products you use in your hair after the shower. I have been using up a bottle of product and trying something else for a while now trying to find the right product.

I've always struggled with my hair and my self-esteem is often based on how it looks that day.

Comments

• nberry.1996nberry.1996 Posts: 17Registered Users
    I'm a freshman in HS and I have basically the same hair as you. However my hair is extremely dry and a little coarse. I discovered the CG method recently but I havent full started trying it. I ordered some stuff online, but I want to use up my old products first. In the shower I co-wash and use the conditioner I'm trying to get rid of (which I don't particularly enjoy). Then when I get out, I use Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie, which is a really thick moisturizing leave-in. Then I use the super-soaker method for achieving clumps. If you dont know what that is, it's basically *gently* scrunching handfuls of water into your hair to get it even more wet than it was after the shower. I find that this gives me clumps, shine, body, and allows my gel to seal in the moisture better. The gel I have been using is LA Looks Sport Gel. I LOVE it! It has amazing hold, smells great, and leaves my hair so shiny and defined. Plus I got it for about $1 for 24 oz! A great deal! I hope this helped. I just ordered Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose Conditioner, Kinky Curly Knot Today, and Kinky Curly Curling Custard. Once these items ship to my house and I use them, I'll let you know if those work.
  • KurlyPrincessKurlyPrincess Posts: 1,847Registered Users
    My hair is like the same as yours too. :D

This is a spray that I make it and it's awesome!! :D If you have any questions about it I would be happy to answer. :)
    Hair Product Recipe All-In-One Spray Definer - NaturallyCurly.com
    <3 Our love is like the wind; I can't see it. But I can feel it. <3

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file