We’d like your help getting CurlTalk back on its feet!

By participating on CurlTalk — posting, commenting, liking — in the next few weeks, you will automatically be entered to win amazing prizes.

Our latest winner is Savagegirl!

CurlyCanadian, Bomega and EllaJ have also won wonderful prizes! Will you be next? Post, like, comment, GET ACTIVE and help us get CurlTalk ENERGIZED again!

Learn more!

Motions: Naturally You

CerendipityCerendipity Posts: 5,091Registered Users Curl Novice
I went to Walgreens to get the Revlon Lip butter and saw this had Motions new natural line up on sale for Buy one get one for half off.

One priced item was $6.99. There are cones in them and seems to be very high up in the list.

I purchased the

Smoothing Conditioner 8ozs
Deep Conditioning Masque 8ozs
Define my Curls Creme 8ozs ( this is like a gelly putty, interesting)
Hydrate my Curls Pudding ( slight purple tinge)

I know theres also a shampoo and gloss in the lineup

Motions | Naturally You

A Happy Nappy Affair: Motions: Naturally You

Comments

• DominaDomina Posts: 75Registered Users
    please post your results cause i need some staples i can get on the ground.
  • NaturalistaNaturalista Posts: 5,491Registered Users
    Could you show us pics of the product consistencies when you a get chance? The stylers in particular I'm interested in. :) TIA
    Type: 3c with some 4a highlighted
    Low porosity thick/coarse texture. nml elasticity
    Routine: No rules, just happy hair

Cleanse: CJDF, Prell, LUSH Curly Wurly, Bobeam
    LI/RO:BBB, CJ, SheaM, HEHIS, Garnier, KBN Shealoe, CD Chocolat, Oyin HH
    Styling: CJ, CR, UFD, Zuresh, Ecostyler,MJ
    PT/DT: BBB, CJ, Lather, MJSSB

HUGE PJJJJJJJJ!!!!:love4:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]]
    Facebook|Twitter
  • CerendipityCerendipity Posts: 5,091Registered Users Curl Novice
    I sure will, its going to be hard for the Define me, its crystal clear and like putty but I will try my pj best.
    Hydrate my curls pudding.

Creamy texture, wet feeling, slight purple color.

Yeahhhhhboi, Im on my smartphone!!!
    Define My Curls Creme

Opaque white color, gelly-pomade texture

Deep conditioning masque

White, creamy wet, loose texture

• NaturalistaNaturalista Posts: 5,491Registered Users
    Thanks! If I see this in my area, I'll def bite.
    Type: 3c with some 4a highlighted
    Low porosity thick/coarse texture. nml elasticity
    Routine: No rules, just happy hair

Cleanse: CJDF, Prell, LUSH Curly Wurly, Bobeam
    LI/RO:BBB, CJ, SheaM, HEHIS, Garnier, KBN Shealoe, CD Chocolat, Oyin HH
    Styling: CJ, CR, UFD, Zuresh, Ecostyler,MJ
    PT/DT: BBB, CJ, Lather, MJSSB

HUGE PJJJJJJJJ!!!!:love4:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]]
    Facebook|Twitter
  • AmberBrownAmberBrown Posts: 1,072Registered Users
    Does the Define My Curls kinda resemble vaseline? That's the impression I'm getting from the pics.

Thanks for uploading!
    It looks like it but it doesnt feel like it.

Its like Myjoie Gel , but melts easier. Have you ever seen that before?
  • AmberBrownAmberBrown Posts: 1,072Registered Users
    Nope. Did you like that?

I'm gonna search for this line and the Roots of Nature stuff this evening. No Walgreens but maybe Walmart or Target :dontknow:
  • gagirl09gagirl09 Posts: 2,316Registered Users
    Does the conditioning mask have cones too

Curse you iPhone!!!
    Last relaxer: Nov. 24, 2008
    BC: December 19, 2009
    Products: Whatever works!
    I'll list it when I get home for you

ETA I liked Myjoie for twists. Very elongating. This I dont think will be the same because its more malleable .
    yup there are cones, not sure if you can see the picture well

• gagirl09gagirl09 Posts: 2,316Registered Users

D-mmit. I wud have let amodimethicone slide because it is supposed to resist build up. But can't ignore the big D

Curse you iPhone!!!
    Last relaxer: Nov. 24, 2008
    BC: December 19, 2009
    Products: Whatever works!
  • happyfacehappyface Posts: 845Registered Users
    “Mama says pretty comes in all different sizes. And my size… is cute!” -Honey Boo Boo
  • Jo SomebodyJo Somebody Posts: 1,578Registered Users
    gagirl09 wrote: »

D-mmit. I wud have let amodimethicone slide because it is supposed to resist build up. But can't ignore the big D

Curse you iPhone!!!

Well cyclopentasiloxane and cyclohexasiloxane are also cones (-xane and -conol are silicone based ingredients as well as -cone). I dunno how 'bad' they are though. :dontknow:
    My hair is in the 4s, low in porosity, high in density and coarse. :happy6:

Love: QB - all of it, Bobeam - shampoo bars, Darcy's Botanicals - Pumpkin Seed Conditioner, Coconut Cupuacu Pomade, KBN - Shealoe Leave-in, Oyin - Juices & Berries, Kinky Curly - Knot Today, Ayurvedic treatments, my Denman and the cloud of kinky goodness on my head that I get to play with! :love8:
  • SystemSystem Posts: 39,059 Administrator

Curse you iPhone!!!

Well cyclopentasiloxane and cyclohexasiloxane are also cones (-xane and -conol are silicone based ingredients as well as -cone). I dunno how 'bad' they are though. :dontknow:

These are two cones that make my hair an absolute mess.
  • ttlollattlolla Posts: 948Registered Users

Curse you iPhone!!!

These are two cones that make my hair an absolute mess.

+1

My hair doesn't actually feel like hair when I use them .
  • yrh11yrh11 Posts: 142Registered Users
    Walgreens had these products on sale for buy one, get one half off. I bought the Hydrate My Curls Pudding and Define My Curls Creme. I washed with my 360 shampoo and Taliah Waajid conditioner. I used the Hydrate My Curls as a leave in and twisted with the Define My Curls. My hair is still twisted. My hair feels soft so far. The Define My Curls resembles grease (which I like) but my hair feels light.

I will try it for a couple of days and report back. If it doesn't work out, at least I only paid $11 for them. I had been using the Keracare Natural Textures line.
    Last relaxer: Feb 07
    BC: Feb 08

Current HG -
    Shampoo: Shea Moisture Black Soap Cleansing Shampoo
    Conditioner: Taliah Waajid Enhanced Herbal Conditioner
    Leave In: KeraCare Natural Textures Leave In
    Styler: Eco Styler, Uncle Funky's Daughter Extra Butter, KeraCare Twist and Define Cream, Jane Carter Wrap and Roll
  • adthomasadthomas Posts: 5,525Registered Users

Curse you iPhone!!!

+1 my hair cant stand dimethicone
    Yes, it's real. No, you can't touch it. :wav:
  • bklyn_bellebklyn_belle Posts: 423Registered Users
    I def want to try this! looks like they are trying to compete with miss jessie's tho with the purple curly pudding :/ lol. I love MJ products...I might try this once I see some result pics!
    Texture: proud 4a (3c at the nape).
    Regimen: co-wash everyday.deep condition, de-tangle and seal once a week.
    Current Favs: Treseme Naturals shampoo & conditioner, wide tooth comb, coconut oil, Shea Moisture curling smoothie, ampro clear styling gel .
    Protective Style: buns

visit my fashion & culture website: /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.beautyandthestreetmag.blogspot.com" class="Popup
  • happyfacehappyface Posts: 845Registered Users
    Cerendipity, have you tried any of this yet? What did you think?
    “Mama says pretty comes in all different sizes. And my size… is cute!” -Honey Boo Boo
    LOL i ain' tried a thing. I still have this weave in. I wont be trying it out until next weekend some time. Im taking it out next Friday

I will update when I do though
  • yrh11yrh11 Posts: 142Registered Users
    yrh11 wrote: »
    Walgreens had these products on sale for buy one, get one half off. I bought the Hydrate My Curls Pudding and Define My Curls Creme. I washed with my 360 shampoo and Taliah Waajid conditioner. I used the Hydrate My Curls as a leave in and twisted with the Define My Curls. My hair is still twisted. My hair feels soft so far. The Define My Curls resembles grease (which I like) but my hair feels light.

I will try it for a couple of days and report back. If it doesn't work out, at least I only paid $11 for them. I had been using the Keracare Natural Textures line.

Update: The Hydrate My Curls did not hydrate at all. My hair was crunchy. I washed my hair the next day and used my Keracare leave-in conditioner first before applying the products. My hair was soft but dull. The Define My Curls reminds me of grease. My twist outs were soft but the hold was not firm. My twist out lasted one day and not two to three. I will try the Define My Curls again once my hair is trimmed next week. I will not repurchase but I will finish the jar and find ways to make it work. Keracare works better for me.
    Last relaxer: Feb 07
    BC: Feb 08

Current HG -
    Shampoo: Shea Moisture Black Soap Cleansing Shampoo
    Conditioner: Taliah Waajid Enhanced Herbal Conditioner
    Leave In: KeraCare Natural Textures Leave In
    Styler: Eco Styler, Uncle Funky's Daughter Extra Butter, KeraCare Twist and Define Cream, Jane Carter Wrap and Roll
  • auntcurlyauntcurly Posts: 234Registered Users
    I tried the Definie My Curls paired with SM Curl Enhancing Smoothie mixed with Eco Styler Olive Oil gel. I did a braid out and my hair came out very defined and soft. Since my hair is coarse, wire and very hard, this was amazing to me. I like the product and will use it in my rotation. My hair was not greasy, but then I didn't use a lot since I was using other products. I think this is a product to use sparingly. Not sure if I will try the other products.
    I used the Conditioner and the Hydrate my curls pudding last week to refresh a Wng. My hair was soft and defined but coated a little. I'm not sure if it was because the conditioner was too thick but I had a little flakes the next day.

I will try again sometime this week but only with the pudding.
  • JahNaturalDezignJahNaturalDezign Posts: 1,160Registered Users
    Bumping....

I was curious and brought some today. Any updates ladies? It's on sale @ Target and felt I had to give it a try.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file