Sea Buckthorn supplements (SiBu)

CurlyCowgirlyCurlyCowgirly Posts: 299Registered Users Curl Neophyte
I have recently started taking Sea Buckthorn supplements. It's a berry that grows in the mountains of Tibet. It contains omegas 3, 5, the rare 7, and 9. Sea Buckthorn is supposed to help with hair health and growth. Aside from that, it's also great for skin issues such as dry skin, wrinkles, and acne. I actually bought it for my GERD and stomach inflammation, as it supposedly helps with that as well. The hair and acne things were an added plus! Dr. Oz has talked about it on his TV show. (Learn more about Sea Buckthorn at: WebMD )

Anyways, I found a Sea Buckthorn supplement at my local Earth Fare (like a Whole Foods). It comes in a yummy juice form and is called SiBu Revitalize and Renew. It's about $30 and lasts about 30 days if you drink 1oz daily (you can drink 1-3oz daily.) I have been drinking 1.5oz a day for a week now. I don't really notice anything yet, but I am of course hopeful.

I'm wondering if anyone has tried this and had positive or negative results with it in regards to hair, skin, stomach, etc!
Low/Med porosity, very fine, low/med elasticity & density, 3A
AKA hard to work with hair!

Low-Poo: Kenra Volumizing shampoo, AG Fast Food shampoo
CO: AG Ultramoist, AO GPB, Nature's Gate Aloe Vera
Gel: GFCC mousse, HETT, Aquage Megagel
Also: Aloe Vera juice or Alba Leave-in. Weekly ACV rinse.
Wishlist: YTC low-poo, Elucence poo, Bioterra Curl Creme, AGEbeautiful Strengthening trtment, SS Repairing Protein Trtment, LuxyHair ext's

Comments

• hippiechic81hippiechic81 Posts: 1,239Registered Users
    Never heard of it but it sounds very intriguing!! Does it come in a pill form too?
    2a, fine-med. text, normal porosity (I think)

[FONT=Going back and forth between Herbal Essence Don't Fade On Me shampoo and condish and L'oreal Sulfate Free shampoo

Stylers-
    - Not Your Mother's Curl Cream, La Bella Sports Gel, Aussie Sprunch Spray

[/COLOR][/FONT] My waves are finally getting stronger thanks to weekly PTs and longer hair in general. Still trying to grow it out though!:headbang:

mod-CG since December '10

I have Celiac's Disease so no gluten please!

My hair is basically my hobby!!

http://balancedbeauty.blogspot.com/
  • CurlyCowgirlyCurlyCowgirly Posts: 299Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Yes, it does come in pill form. The pill form is called SiBu Cellular Support.
    Here's a link: Cellular Support | Soft Gel Supplement | Sibu Beauty
    If you're looking for a pill form of Sea Buckthorn, there are probably cheaper brands. I purchased the liquid form because I have enough vitamins to take every morning, and thought this would be faster (and it's tastier!)
    Also, I do know SiBu juice and pill forms are gluten-free. ;)
    Low/Med porosity, very fine, low/med elasticity & density, 3A
    AKA hard to work with hair!

Low-Poo: Kenra Volumizing shampoo, AG Fast Food shampoo
    CO: AG Ultramoist, AO GPB, Nature's Gate Aloe Vera
    Gel: GFCC mousse, HETT, Aquage Megagel
    Also: Aloe Vera juice or Alba Leave-in. Weekly ACV rinse.
    Wishlist: YTC low-poo, Elucence poo, Bioterra Curl Creme, AGEbeautiful Strengthening trtment, SS Repairing Protein Trtment, LuxyHair ext's

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file