brush shedding

curlyserfcurlyserf Registered Users Posts: 858
I recently bought the MAC 187 stippling brush to use with the Matchmaster foundation. Overall, I like it (and the foundation) a lot, but I'm having trouble with shedding. I get several black hairs on my face each day. I typically dot on the foundation and then use a circular motion to spread and blend the foundation. I also was it with Cetaphil and water either every day or every other day. Am I doing something wrong? I've never used a brush like this before, so I'm just going by what I remember the MAC makeup artist did.

Kerri
2?/3a ??? ; fine; high density; normal porosity and elasticity
color treated

CURRENTLY USING:
cleanse:Organix Vanilla Silk, Use Me Cleansing Cream
rinse out/li:Ion Effective Care, Tresseme Naturals Radiant Volume (both with NPF added)
stylers:Curl Keeper, UFD Curly Magic, & Alba Botanicals Strong Hold Gel
PT:CJ Repair Me

mod CG since August 2010

Comments

• The New BlackThe New Black Registered Users Posts: 16,754 Curl Connoisseur
    No, some brushes shed a lot. I got the Sonia Kashuk 187 dupe though and it doesnt shed.
    montage-3.gif No MAS.

I am the new Black.

"Hope the Mail are saving space tomorrow for Samantha Brick's reaction piece on the reactions to her piece about the reactions to her piece." ~ Tweet reposted by Rou.
  • curlyserfcurlyserf Registered Users Posts: 858
    No, some brushes shed a lot. I got the Sonia Kashuk 187 dupe though and it doesnt shed.

I'll check that one out. I have two Sonia Kashuk brushes that I like. I should have checked into dupes before I spent the $42. I could have gotten a couple other things with my gift card instead!

Kerri
    2?/3a ??? ; fine; high density; normal porosity and elasticity
    color treated

CURRENTLY USING:
    cleanse:Organix Vanilla Silk, Use Me Cleansing Cream
    rinse out/li:Ion Effective Care, Tresseme Naturals Radiant Volume (both with NPF added)
    stylers:Curl Keeper, UFD Curly Magic, & Alba Botanicals Strong Hold Gel
    PT:CJ Repair Me

mod CG since August 2010
  • 3c4d7zwhatevs3c4d7zwhatevs Registered Users Posts: 1,589
    My MAC 187 brush did that at first but it stopped after a couple of weeks. My ULTA stipple brush sheds all the time though.

@ Phoenix: What is this about a Sonia Kashuk replacement? Is it available at Target?
    4a/3c curls
    Fine strands, not as densely-placed as I would like
    Ayurvedic herbs are the TRUTH
    Team Wash and Go!
    iHerb code:UYA010 - get 5% off your first purchase
  • The New BlackThe New Black Registered Users Posts: 16,754 Curl Connoisseur
    My MAC 187 brush did that at first but it stopped after a couple of weeks. My ULTA stipple brush sheds all the time though.

@ Phoenix: What is this about a Sonia Kashuk replacement? Is it available at Target?

Yep, I got mine at Target recently for $10.
    montage-3.gif No MAS.

I am the new Black.

"Hope the Mail are saving space tomorrow for Samantha Brick's reaction piece on the reactions to her piece about the reactions to her piece." ~ Tweet reposted by Rou.
  • Nikki3bNikki3b Registered Users Posts: 327
    I have Mac brushes that are 8 yrs old that still shed. I believe it's from me letting water get in the brush past the met part. They always told us not to wash our brushing past that point because it weakens the hold of the glue inside

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file