We’d like your help getting CurlTalk back on its feet!

By participating on CurlTalk — posting, commenting, liking — in the next few weeks, you will automatically be entered to win amazing prizes.

Our latest winner is Savagegirl!

CurlyCanadian, Bomega and EllaJ have also won wonderful prizes! Will you be next? Post, like, comment, GET ACTIVE and help us get CurlTalk ENERGIZED again!

Learn more!

Protein need?

JydalJydal Posts: 178Registered Users
How do you know if your hair needs more protein ? does it feel differently?

Comments

• kathymackkathymack Posts: 9,999Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Here's a thread I started a few years ago. http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/general-discussion-about-curly-hair/61606-yes-you-do-need-protein.html At the time, people really scared everyone away from using protein.

For me, it's not a feel, it's a "look." Protein helps define my curls, gives volume and reduces frizz. I do at least one PT a week and use a lot of products with protein. My hair never met a protein it didn't like!

In the summer, I always do 2 PTs a week--CJ Repair Me or SS Protein Moisture Repair for the first and the Elucence one for the second. A few winters ago, I tried to go every ten days between PTs. My hair didn't look as good, so it's once a week when the dewpoint is REALLY low and twice a week the rest of the year.
    3a (Corkicelli), highlighted, fine, low porosity
    SE PA

HGs: Anything Sevi; Curly Kinks Satin Roots, Curlycue ReNew and Coil Jam; homemade FSG and okra gel; soap bars; UFD Curly Magic; Botanical Spirits Jellies, CJ Repair Me, Aloe Fix
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • JydalJydal Posts: 178Registered Users
    Ooo, that was some good info. Thx!!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file