College Naturals?

4BSeoul4BSeoul Posts: 11Registered Users
Are there any college students who are natural, transitioning or who have Big Chopped? How did your friends/family react and how did your campus react? It's very interesting...I attend a HBCU and have recieved many compliments but of course, the eye-rolling and negative criticisms can't be avoided, but as long as you love it, it doesn't matter what they think. If any, how were your experiences?

Comments

• JohariJohari Posts: 673Registered Users
    The curlynikki forum has more college naturals at HBCUs

@}~'~~
  • yaliveyalearn44yaliveyalearn44 Posts: 2Registered Users
    I am!! I transitioned for about 8 months before BCing over winter break. I was natural before for about 2 and a half years, before getting a keratin treatment back in April that ended up being permanent. So my family wasn't really surprised. My friends love my hair! I go to an HBCU as well, and I have to say that I've received more male attention after cutting my hair than I did before, when it was APL straightened.
  • PinkLeePinkLee Posts: 2Registered Users
    Im natural now and i go to EMU.. but i didn't transition-i came in as a freshman natural, although i go back and forth between weaves and natural styles and everybody compliments the natural more than the weaves.. even guys lOl..
  • AcekkayAcekkay Posts: 11Registered Users
    I'm a freshman and I go to a college that is really diverse so BC'ing while in college didn't really scare me. I knew that no one would look at me like "WOW CAN YOU BELIEVE SHE DID THAT?" I kind of BC'ed out of no where too...not over winter break or spring break. It was Thursday, Feb 2, 2012. I live with my parents but I did not even tell them that I was transitioning. My parents had been separated the whole time I was transitioning anyway. My mom was not around and my dad and I don't really have that kind of relationship. I BC'ed on the 2nd and my mom came back on like the 19th. That's when I decided to tell everybody that I'm going natural. Up until then I basically hid it from my dad by wearing beanies because he had already said once before that I could not cut my hair. Oh well. Everybody is cool about it now. I'm really spontaneous so my family could probably care less. However, MY BOYFRIEND LOVES IT!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file