Loooong threads & server space

LovinCurlLovinCurl Registered Users Posts: 5
Not being a computer savvy, I was just wondering how much band width a post with 1362 responses takes? Would eliminating the EZ Cheez thread as part of the delete help? This topic was started in 01. I can't find any other post from 01. Is there a reason this one is still alive?

Just curious, not trying to start something.
Thanks! icon_smile.gif

Comments

• M2LRM2LR Registered Users Posts: 8,630 Curl Connoisseur
    People keep bumping it, that's why it is still on there.
    It's a classic thread.

[ April 12, 2003: Message edited by: Lil Rob's Momma ]
    :rambo:
  • GretchenGretchen Administrator Moderators Posts: 10,840 Curl Virtuoso
    Text messages aren't really a bandwidth issue. Photos are the bandwidth hog.
    Server space, however, is an issue, which is why I have to purge old messages every now and then.

Gretchen
    NaturallyCurly.com co-founder
    3A

You are beautiful!
  • JauntilaJauntila Registered Users Posts: 2
    Well just out of idle curiosity I went to click on page 35 of this EZ thread just to see what's so classic about this. It won't even open. It comes up a blank page & says "done." So whoever is continuing to post to this, noone will ever be able to read anyway unless you go through every thread. Must be a real classic. Isn't this thread about cheese crackers? Why not kill it & if it's so important I'm sure someone will start it again. Or maybe on Spam. I wish other threads were still available from 01, that are real classics that provided useful info. I've learned now to save to my HD those really important info threads.
    2? 3? hair type, very dry, frizzy prone, thin
  • rouquinnerouquinne Registered Users Posts: 13,737 Curl Connoisseur
    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jauntila:
    Why not kill it & if it's so important I'm sure someone will start it again. Or maybe on Spam. I wish other threads were still available from 01, that are real classics that provided useful info. I've learned now to save to my HD those really important info threads.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

i wasn't aware that you had been appointed the arbiter of what is and isn't classic.

i've never read the thread, but i don't see why a "fun" thread can't be considered a classic. laughter is necessary to life.

i do think we should keep threads for a shorter period of time, but it's my understand that Gretchen and Michelle must purge the system thread by thread and it takes time. i don't blame them for doing it on a "need" basis, even though i recognize that it might be better for the overall "health" of the board if it was done more often.
    My blog:

http://labellatestarossa.blogspot.ca/

Little Mother of all the Roaches, President-for-Life of the MAC Harlots!
  • CGECGE Registered Users Posts: 1,911
    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jauntila:
    I wish other threads were still available from 01, that are real classics that provided useful info. I've learned now to save to my HD those really important info threads.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you have learned to save these 'useful' threads to your hard drive, why are you complaining that they are no longer available on the board?

Or why aren't you taking your own advice and starting a new thread?

I'm sure I'm missing something.
    I used to have a signature but it disappeared and I just couldn't be bothered writing another so please feel free to ingore this.
  • CGECGE Registered Users Posts: 1,911
    I can open page 35.
    I used to have a signature but it disappeared and I just couldn't be bothered writing another so please feel free to ingore this.
  • dried n frieddried n fried Registered Users Posts: 6
    Well it didn't occur to me to save important thread to my hd either. I've been gone awhile & I was sad to see I couldn't retrieve some threads that were real classics in the information arena. Now I know. Oh well.

I guess we found the page limit on a thread. Who knows what's been written on page 35 tonight! Ikes! icon_biggrin.gif
    Gems: Mode de Vie S & C, Curls Rock or Alterna Text. Glaze with Aura Cacia Curl Enhance Gel on top!
  • CynaminbearCynaminbear Registered Users Posts: 4,476 Curl Connoisseur
    As I posted last night, one only had to go to page 34 to find the end of the thread. I don't know why page 35 didn't work.
    There's no such thing as global warming. Chuck Norris was cold so he turned up the sun.
  • LovinCurlLovinCurl Registered Users Posts: 5
    Well you couldn't last night. Oh the frustration. I thought I was going to die or something! I HAD to have my dose of this classic thread! icon_biggrin.gif

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file