Greasy hair!

Hi all,

I'm super brand new to this site and to the CG method. I've been doing it for about 2 weeks now and my hair looks fantastic...except for the grease. I get out of the shower in the morning then by mid afternoon my hair is extremely greasy. It get so greasy that the roots are just plastered to my head. Will this go away and get better as time goes on, or is there something I can do?

I've also noticed I'm getting a lot of dandruff. Any advice on that?

And last question...being still new to this method... is it required to use gel or cream after getting out of the shower? I don't like to put anything at all into my hair- and I'm also worried it'll just make it greasier!

So any advice you can give would be great since the curls are looking amazing but the roots are looking so bad! Thanks!!

Comments

• CurlyFireHorseCurlyFireHorse Registered Users Posts: 350 Curl Neophyte
    What products do you use? It kind of sound like you have build up.
    CurlyFireHorse
    Hair: 2a or 3a (not sure), very porous and fine as frog hair
    Day 1: Cowash and condition with AO GPB, ACV Rinse,
    Co-Kra gel (this stuff is fantastic)

Day 2: KCKT, KCCC, plop, KCCC, plop again, air dry
    Day 3: Curly Kinks Satin Roots, Coil Jam
    Day 4: IAGirl's PT, KBB DT, FSG

Co-Kra gel is my own concoction of okra boiled in coconut milk. It is a cross between FSG and KCCC and leaves my hair very soft and shiny
  • CurlyFireHorseCurlyFireHorse Registered Users Posts: 350 Curl Neophyte
    sorry, double post
    CurlyFireHorse
    Hair: 2a or 3a (not sure), very porous and fine as frog hair
    Day 1: Cowash and condition with AO GPB, ACV Rinse,
    Co-Kra gel (this stuff is fantastic)

Day 2: KCKT, KCCC, plop, KCCC, plop again, air dry
    Day 3: Curly Kinks Satin Roots, Coil Jam
    Day 4: IAGirl's PT, KBB DT, FSG

Co-Kra gel is my own concoction of okra boiled in coconut milk. It is a cross between FSG and KCCC and leaves my hair very soft and shiny
  • Geek_ChicGeek_Chic Registered Users Posts: 1,275 Curl Connoisseur
    There is an adjustment period with CG while your scalp adjusts oil production levels to your new (more moisturizing) routine. It can last anywhere from a couple weeks, to a month or so. Some don't really have a transition period (I didn't). Like CurlyFireHorse said, it sounds like you might have some buildup. What products are you using? Also, what are your hair properties, if you know them? Wavy or curly? Fine or thick?

As for gels and creams, no they aren't strictly required, but they can do good things for your hair. If you're afraid of exacerbating grease, you might try something light, with limited or no oils. The right product won't feel like your hair is coated or greasy, it'll just give you defined, controlled hair.
    CG since 11/2011
    2c /3a F /Mii, low /medium porosity

Go To Products /Routine:
    Clarifying: Suave Essentials Strawberry
    Low Poo: Renpure
    CO: As I Am
    RO /LI: GVPCB, Ion Effective Care, Maui Moisture Nourish and Moisture, Herbal Essences Birch Bark
    Stylers: Zotos All About Curls Bouncy Cream, Herbal Essences Body Envy Mousse, LALSG, UFDCM
    PT (as needed)IAGirl's, Mielle Babassu Mint, Zotos All About Curls Divine Treatment
  • KeihsKeihs Registered Users Posts: 435 Curl Neophyte
    To help with the greasies, drizzle cornstarch or baby powder (light hair) or cinnamon powder (dark hair) to soak up the oil, then brush it out.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file