CurlTalk

Camille Rose Naturals

CerendipityCerendipity Posts: 5,091Registered Users
I havent seen a thread on this , Ive seen several folks buy it though and leave hit or miss in that thread but no steady thread of its own.

Camille Rose Naturals

Reviews anyone? I've read that the Almond Jai Twisting Butter is very good.

I purchased :

Curl Love Moisture Milk

Algae Deep Conditioning Mask

Almond Jai Twisting Butter

Aloe Whipped Hair Gel

Comments

• Nappy_curly_crownNappy_curly_crown Posts: 4,162Registered Users
    I have the almond Jai butter and it is really good! It reminds me of Afroveda's hair butters but better. She doesn't have the issues with consistancy that Afroveda had/has and her prices are soooo much better. I also have the deep conditioner but I haven't used it yet.
    Wanna talk products? Come Join us here!
    /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2FPlatinumPJ" class="Popup

Extremely thick, kinky curls/coils that have a mind of thier own!!!!

12459237.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • DominaDomina Posts: 75Registered Users
    i used an aveyou coupon and purchased the a few items. the soylicious conditioner(i think it has the same ingreds as the hair milk)i didn't like this condish it had no slip i added some castor oil to it and that gave it a little slip. i also purchased the almond jai it's a keeper it left my hair moisturized and soft. that gel was o.k i won't repurchase it because it's not really a gel it's thick cream and my hair turned out fluffy but very dry by the end of the day plus i think my hair has beef with aloe and i really don't need another cream/butter. the algae condish to me lacked something it just didn't have what my hair needed my hair felt like straw after i rinsed. i really do love the growth serum/oil i use it on my scalp, it's making my thin spot thicken up and blend with the rest of my hair.
  • keepitmovin2.0keepitmovin2.0 Posts: 653Registered Users
    What do the products smell like? And does the smell linger in these butters?
    Currently using:

Poo: CON Sulfate Free poo
    Rinse out: Tresemme Naturals
    Leave-in: CJAOO Daily Cond
    Styler: KCCC sparingly and Ampro Olive Oil Gel where needed
    DT: KBB Lucious Locks Mask + EVOO/Avocado
  • mimismommimismom Posts: 202Registered Users
    I love the twisting butter (for moisture) and gel for my daily wash and go. I also love the moisture milk conditioner as a rinse out (leaves my hair very soft). I'm trying the shampoo and deep conditioner now and my first impression is good but I want to use them some more before i make my final decision. I started with the curl moisture milk first and initially liked it but my hair would be dry the next day so I may revisit it when it gets warmer because I like the ingredients. My hair also didn't like the soy conditioner (no slip and dry hair). Overall I love the line and now understand how some curlies are curl junkie junkies because I feel like a Camille rose junkie. This is the only line that ive tried where multiple products have agreed with my hair so it's exciting. HTH.
    All that have left in my stash are the almond jai, soylicious condish, and the serum
    almond jai has a light sweet almond vanilla like smell
    the soylicous smells like nothing but it has natural fragrance in it the serum has an herbal smell. none of the smells lingered after my hair dried.
  • gagirl09gagirl09 Posts: 2,316Registered Users
    I saw her at the WNHS last year but I kept it pushing. It was at that time where I was starting to be like cannot pay over 10 bucks for a product.

Curse you iPhone!!!
    Last relaxer: Nov. 24, 2008
    BC: December 19, 2009
    Products: Whatever works!
  • afrosheenqueenafrosheenqueen Posts: 5,400Registered Users
    I definitely want to try the Almond Jai. i'm trying to use up my Afroveda stash though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    4a/b Texlaxed hair w/ highlights. Medium texture & high porosity.

HG's: CJ Daily Fix, Bobeam Cheris Hibiscus shampoo bar, KC Spiral Spritz, Knot Today, CJ Rehab, KBB LL Hair Mask, Cassia, KCCC, oil blend of Avocado, Camellia, Jojoba, & Meadowfoam oils

SL APL BSL MBL
    Needed a butter, got this Almond Jai and I really like it! My hair is soft, soft, soft.

Thanks for the recs ladies.
    Currently using:

• artemis513artemis513 Posts: 666Registered Users
    Elle just did a YT video doing a braid-out using the Moisture Butter. Her hair turned out sooo nice! Now I want to try the product lol. I wonder if there is a difference between this and the Twisting Butter?
    4a/3c, fine strands, low porosity, medium density
    Last relaxer: Jan 2010 - BC'd: 2/27/11
    My Fotki
    My Blog
    When I purchased at a store in ATL, the owner told me the difference between the twisting butter and the moisture butter was that the twisting butter was a bit heavier and thicker. When I looked at a sample of the moisture butter it looked lighter in the jar...kind of custardish vs the butter which was thicker and stiffer.

Almost like the difference with QB and the AOHC and the BRBC...ingredients are almost the same but they perform slightly different because of the consistency.

12459237.png
  • artemis513artemis513 Posts: 666Registered Users
    Ok thanks, that helps! :)
    4a/3c, fine strands, low porosity, medium density
    Last relaxer: Jan 2010 - BC'd: 2/27/11
    My Fotki
    My Blog
  • CerendipityCerendipity Posts: 5,091Registered Users
    I received my items today. The almond Jai Butter is very whipped and creamy. I was thinking dense and buttery for some reason.

Everything has a light fragrance
  • Chicago KinksChicago Kinks Posts: 2,747Registered Users
    I received my items today. The almond Jai Butter is very whipped and creamy. I was thinking dense and buttery for some reason.

Everything has a light fragrance

This is on my WNHS list. Is it whipped like B.A.S.K's sevenfold butter?
    **sophisticated ignorance, I type my cuss words in cursive**

Current Rotation (always changing): Curl Junkie Curl Rehab as my Leave-In, Blended Beauty Happy Nappy Styles, Entwine Argan Oil, Bobeam Shampoo Bars, QB CTDG and QB AHTB, UFD Curly Magic, B.A.S.K Anything.

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.platinumpj.com" class="Popup
    @PlatinumPJ
    no it's not solid then melty. almond jai is water based seven fold butter is oil based. the almond jai is creamy kinda dense not whipped at all. i can style with almond jai then seal with seven fold butter.
    Domina wrote: »
    no it's not solid then melty. almond jai is water based seven fold butter is oil based. the almond jai is creamy kinda dense not whipped at all. i can style with almond jai then seal with seven fold butter.

Ok, thanks.

Im going to check out the ingredients and decide which one.

Oh who am I fooling...ill buy them both.:happy7:

Current Rotation (always changing): Curl Junkie Curl Rehab as my Leave-In, Blended Beauty Happy Nappy Styles, Entwine Argan Oil, Bobeam Shampoo Bars, QB CTDG and QB AHTB, UFD Curly Magic, B.A.S.K Anything.

@PlatinumPJ
    Yup domina is correct! Thats exactly how I was thinking to use it

It looks whipped to me in the wet whipped state, not whipped airy buttery.

It actually reminds me of BRBC texture, a tad looser though
    Yeahhhhhboi, Im on my smartphone!!!
    Yeahhhhhboi, Im on my smartphone!!!

Thanks...yep looks like qb brbc which my hair loves.

@PlatinumPJ
    mimismom wrote: »
    I love the twisting butter (for moisture) and gel for my daily wash and go. I also love the moisture milk conditioner as a rinse out (leaves my hair very soft). I'm trying the shampoo and deep conditioner now and my first impression is good but I want to use them some more before i make my final decision. I started with the curl moisture milk first and initially liked it but my hair would be dry the next day so I may revisit it when it gets warmer because I like the ingredients. My hair also didn't like the soy conditioner (no slip and dry hair). Overall I love the line and now understand how some curlies are curl junkie junkies because I feel like a Camille rose junkie. This is the only line that ive tried where multiple products have agreed with my hair so it's exciting. HTH.

I've been using this butter daily under a gel and let me tell you...I love it! I'm going to check out the moisture butter also, but I definitely love this almond jai on my hair and my son's hair.
    Currently using:

• cassaboxcassabox Posts: 8Registered Users
    What gel have you used with the Almond Jai twisting butter and had good results? used Kinky Curly the other day and got white little chunks in my hair.. I had to rinse it out and start over with a new condish.. :(
  • lashon20lashon20 Posts: 1,150Registered Users
    I did not like that moisture butter, it didn't provide enough moisture for me.
    /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fmynaturalhairjourney.shutterfly.com%2F" class="Popup

Shampoos: Ion Hard Water Shampoo
    Conditioners: Curl Junkie
    Stylers: As I Am Smoothing Gel, Jane Carter Incredible Curls, Camille Rose Almond Jai Twisting Butter, Hairveda Whipped Gelly
    Moisturizers: Camille Rose Moisture Milk, Camille Rose Fresh Curl
    Leave-Ins: KBB Sweet Ambrosia
    Pomades: Hairveda Almond Glaze
  • Ashkins1118Ashkins1118 Posts: 786Registered Users
    I'm really liking the Moisture Butter do far.
    Super Thick corkscrews and waves. LOVE Elucence MBC, Giovanni 50/50 condish, Qhemet Products, V05 Calming Chamomile Tea Therapy condish, Jessicurl WDT. These are my official HG's that I love oh so much
    /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fuser%2FCurlypad%3Ffeature%3Dmhum" class="Popup

comic-p.jpg
    Me too! Its slowly moving up my HG list.

vIa tHiS rAgEdY aSs pHoNe

@PlatinumPJ
  • Ashkins1118Ashkins1118 Posts: 786Registered Users
    Oops, accidentally hit send too soon! I'm liking the Moisture Butter a lot, used it as a leave and semi braiding agent and although I have a little more frizz than usual, my hair is incredibly soft and I love the consistency, it absorbs so great. The smell is awesome too. I have the Almond Jai and Hair Milk too, I'm even more excited to try them now based on how the butter performed.
    Super Thick corkscrews and waves. LOVE Elucence MBC, Giovanni 50/50 condish, Qhemet Products, V05 Calming Chamomile Tea Therapy condish, Jessicurl WDT. These are my official HG's that I love oh so much
    /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fuser%2FCurlypad%3Ffeature%3Dmhum" class="Popup

comic-p.jpg
    cassabox wrote: »
    What gel have you used with the Almond Jai twisting butter and had good results? used Kinky Curly the other day and got white little chunks in my hair.. I had to rinse it out and start over with a new condish.. :(

hmm...I actually used KCCC yesterday and the ampro olive oil gel on my edges with the almond jai and I didn't get white chunks. I will say that I don't use a lot of hair gels throughout my hair. i just go over the top with a little gel once my hair has soaked up the leave-in and butter. My hair appears to be of normal porosity and products don't just sit on my hair. My hair absorbs the products within 2 mins and I don't have a white cast or white residue when I apply gel.

Not sure if any of that matters, but I mentioned it just in case.
    Currently using:

• mimismommimismom Posts: 202Registered Users

hmm...I actually used KCCC yesterday and the ampro olive oil gel on my edges with the almond jai and I didn't get white chunks. I will say that I don't use a lot of hair gels throughout my hair. i just go over the top with a little gel once my hair has soaked up the leave-in and butter. My hair appears to be of normal porosity and products don't just sit on my hair. My hair absorbs the products within 2 mins and I don't have a white cast or white residue when I apply gel.

Not sure if any of that matters, but I mentioned it just in case.
    I just used the almond jai twisting butter (as my leave-in) with KCCC today and I didn't get any white flakes either. I used it with uncle funkys daughter curly magic yesterday and also no flakes. I think my hair is normal porosity also so my hair usually soaks up products. Btw, my hair no likey the moisture butter but loves the almond jai twisting butter.

I use the almond Jai with Elasta QP feels like silk gel but I think any runny, thin light hold gel will work. The almond Jai has a slight hold so you don't need a super duper gel with it.

12459237.png
  • JahNaturalDezignJahNaturalDezign Posts: 1,160Registered Users
    Has anyone tried the Moisture Milk?
    The moisture milk is a nice refresher, I havent used it as a leave in yet though
  • genu9inegenu9ine Posts: 28Registered Users
    I absolutely love the almond jai twisting butter! It's now my favorite twisting cream! Leaves my hair moisturized for days. Looking forward to trying more products from this line.