We’d like your help getting CurlTalk back on its feet!

By participating on CurlTalk — posting, commenting, liking — in the next few weeks, you will automatically be entered to win amazing prizes.

Our latest winner is Savagegirl!

CurlyCanadian, Bomega and EllaJ have also won wonderful prizes! Will you be next? Post, like, comment, GET ACTIVE and help us get CurlTalk ENERGIZED again!

Learn more!

How to get smoke smell out of hair?

I'm really hoping someone on here can help me with this problem because I can't think of a solution. So I usually go out once or twice a week to a club or bar, and while I love being out, I don't love the smoke smell that ends up in my hair by the end of the night. It's really strong and I can smell it pretty much whenever I move my head. This bothers me especially because even if I have second day hair the next morning, the smoke smell ruins it. I've tried spraying a body spray on my hair (didn't do much) and even tried spraying Febreeze on my hair (I figured if it works for clothes, maybe it would work on my hair, but unfortunately it didn't). Does anyone have a way to get the smoke smell out, other than washing my hair? I was hoping for something a little easier/less time consuming than that, but I'm thinking that may be my only option.
2b, fine texture, normal porosity & elasticity (CG as of 12/2011)

Low-poo: UFD Rich & Funky
Cowash: VO5 Kiwi Lime
RO: Tresemme Naturals, Aubrey Organics GPB, Ion Effective Care, MillCreek Keratin
PT/DT: IAgirl's PT, GVP CB
LI: KCKT, Cure Care, CJ CCCC Lite
Styling: Curl Keeper, As I Am Jelly, UFD Curly Magic, CJ Curl Queen, TIGI Strong Hold Mousse

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2Fkdawn12%2F" class="Popup

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
^^ day 1 of going CG; avatar = 6 months later

Comments

• Jas76Jas76 Posts: 2,283Registered Users
    Washing is the only thin I've found that works. :/. I've heard some people have luck with lavender spray, and my friend says she does baking soda mixed with some lavender essential oil in a spray bottle - but idk.
    2c/3a/3b, Fine/med, Dense, high porous, & normal elas.

Lo-poo - Renpure Keratin, SMR, Giovanni SaS
    clarifying - mix Johnson's H2T with low poo
    Co-wash - Suave Nats. clar. or coco.
    RO - GVPCB, Ion Eff. Care, TN.
    LI - SMR, Cure Care, or RO
    Seal - MO or Jojoba
    DT - + honey, ACV, & EVOO to SM masque & GVPCB
    PT - Gelatin!, CNPF
    Styling - FSG, AIF, BRHG, LALS/PS, GF curl spray gel, SM Souffle/Smoothie, LOOB
    Oils - MO!, EVOO, jojoba, GSO, SM Elixer, EVCO, VO5 Hairdressing
  • jlpmom23jlpmom23 Posts: 755Registered Users
    I had this problem the other day, we visited the home of a heavy smoker. I used dry shampoo the next morning, the Suave brand, and that did the trick enough to get me through the day, but I ended up washing that night.
  • gagirl09gagirl09 Posts: 2,316Registered Users
    When I have taken a steamy shower not washing my hair the smell dissipates greatly. Other than that wash my hair...such a pain

Curse you iPhone!!!
    Last relaxer: Nov. 24, 2008
    BC: December 19, 2009
    Products: Whatever works!
  • kimmidawnkimmidawn Posts: 900Registered Users
    gagirl09 wrote: »
    When I have taken a steamy shower not washing my hair the smell dissipates greatly. Other than that wash my hair...such a pain

Curse you iPhone!!!

So you just put your hair up and take a hot shower? Hope that works, it would be so much easier than washing my hair again.
    2b, fine texture, normal porosity & elasticity (CG as of 12/2011)

Low-poo: UFD Rich & Funky
    Cowash: VO5 Kiwi Lime
    RO: Tresemme Naturals, Aubrey Organics GPB, Ion Effective Care, MillCreek Keratin
    PT/DT: IAgirl's PT, GVP CB
    LI: KCKT, Cure Care, CJ CCCC Lite
    Styling: Curl Keeper, As I Am Jelly, UFD Curly Magic, CJ Curl Queen, TIGI Strong Hold Mousse

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2Fkdawn12%2F" class="Popup

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ^^ day 1 of going CG; avatar = 6 months later

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file