We’d like your help getting CurlTalk back on its feet!

By participating on CurlTalk — posting, commenting, liking — in the next few weeks, you will automatically be entered to win amazing prizes.

Our latest winner is Savagegirl!

CurlyCanadian, Bomega and EllaJ have also won wonderful prizes! Will you be next? Post, like, comment, GET ACTIVE and help us get CurlTalk ENERGIZED again!

Learn more!

I love big hair now!

x_tigerlilyx_tigerlily Posts: 432Registered Users Curl Neophyte
As a result of teasing because of my big hair, I grew to HATE big hair. I tried everything to make my hair look flatter/less poofy. Even when I was chemically treating it and relaxing, it was still thick and big.

I'm naturally curly for almost three years. During this time, I still didn't like my big hair. I wore it it buns or ponytails most of the time in public. When I wore it down/out, I tried to "tame" it.

Today I went to the supermarket and I wore my hair out in a headband. I smoothed some serum in my hair and it still looked tame. But it was SUPER windy outside so by the time I got in the store, it was big and curls were everywhere.

And guess what? It looked HOT! :P It felt like sexy lion mane hair or something. A ton of volume with my curls poking in different directions. I'm having a good hair day today, so very minimal frizz...which made it look even better.

:) Yay!
3C/4A and too long to handle (and afford!)

Comments

• PixieCurlPixieCurl Posts: 5,656Registered Users
    I'm the same way! Growing up, I didn't know my hair was curly so I'd always brush it and it would end up big and poofy, which I hated

Now when I wear it curly, I'm always trying to make it bigger and more volume-y.
    Faith, 3Aish redhead
    Mama to two wild superheroes and a curly-headed baby boy :love5:
  • x_tigerlilyx_tigerlily Posts: 432Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I brushed my hair daily when I was a kid. And skimped out on the conditioner. :roll: No wonder I had a big bush for hair.
    3C/4A and too long to handle (and afford!)
  • lushaholiclushaholic Posts: 2,180Registered Users
    I love big hair!! :D
    3a/2c f/mii. pics added 2/3/07
    spingbannerwk6.jpghycoffeeiconuy8.gif
  • medusahairmedusahair Posts: 3,515Registered Users
    I've always loved big hair. I wish mine would go really big like Julia Roberts in pretty woman. Sleek is for the meek baby!
    2c/3a?
    Low porosity, medium texture.
    /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2FMedusahair%2F" class="Popup

If it smells good put it in your hair, if it tastes good spit it out!
  • StormCloudCurlyStormCloudCurly Posts: 116Registered Users
    Big hair is hot; that's how I feel, too, when my hair has a lot of body to it, exactly like you said, a lion or something.
    pw: curlie
  • CurliLocksCurliLocks Posts: 10,572Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Yay for you and loving your big hair! :) I like big hair too. I'm petite so I don't like huge hair on me, but I do like it big. :D
    SF Bay Area, CA * "The Angel-Goddess-Guru of Haircoloring" :D
    3b/c/a mix. medium texture, low porosity
    My Motto: Strand Test! some hair pics
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] -- gone, but never forgotten.
  • curlylew66curlylew66 Posts: 1,685Registered Users
    Ah Hello??? I win the prize for the biggest hair on the board.
  • medusahairmedusahair Posts: 3,515Registered Users
    :lol: Yep you have some hella big hair Girlfriend!I need my hair THAT big! :D
    2c/3a?
    Low porosity, medium texture.
    /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2FMedusahair%2F" class="Popup

If it smells good put it in your hair, if it tastes good spit it out!
  • redcelticcurlsredcelticcurls Posts: 17,502Registered Users
    I brushed my hair daily when I was a kid. And skimped out on the conditioner. :roll: No wonder I had a big bush for hair.

I can totally relate to this. I got called Brillopad Head all the time as a kid. No one taught me that I shouldn't brush my hair when dry, and I didn't use enough conditioner. I was no curls and all dry fuzz.

My hair is still big, but with nicer curls. I love it big. It's a little different from the norm. I guess it's good that I love it big as I don't want to spend hours deflating it. I'm too lazy.
    Kiva! Microfinance works.

Med/Coarse, porous curly.
  • Gemini13Gemini13 Posts: 5,000Registered Users
    My hair has a tendency to fall flat, so I love it when I get great big volume!
    Brooklyn, NY

Hair: 3A/B, Underlayer of 2B
    HG products:
    Winter- Giovanni Tea Tree (co-wash) & 50/50 (condish); Curl Junkie Curl Assurance Leave-In; Curls Milkshake & Quenched Curls; Re:coil; BRHG
    Summer: DevaCurl No Poo & OneC; CK; Re:coil; BRHG; Honey!!!

fotki pw= crrrls
  • jeepcurlygurljeepcurlygurl Posts: 19,682Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Virtuoso
    medusahair wrote:
    Sleek is for the meek baby!

Absolutely! Big hair is beautiful hair.
    --I'm located in Western PA.
    --I found NC in late 2004, CG since February 2005, joined the forums in May 2005, started going grey in late 2005.
    --My hair is 3B with some 3A, currently at mid back length when dry,  texture-medium/fine, porosity-top is low, middle is medium, ends are porous, elasticity-normal.
    --My long time favorite products are Suave & VO5 conditioners, LA Looks Sport Gel, coconut oil, honey, vinegar.
    --My CG and grey hair progress -- http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/going-gray/179328-jeepys-grey-hair-progress.html
    --My article at NaturallyCurly about going grey. Yes, it's in the senior section. : / -- https://www.naturallycurly.com/curlreading/seniors/how-i-went-completely-gray-and-loved-it

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file