BB creams!!

itsiliiiitsiliii Registered Users Posts: 340
Hello ladies, I recently got interested in the BB cream craze and decided to order a brand from Korea- missha!

I was wondering if you guys could share experiences youve had with BB creams and If you felt it was really that much better for your skin than regular foundation!
cat...im a kitty cat...and i dance dance dance :blob7:
2B/2C hair! :thumbup:

Shampoo: GTTT, SheaMoisture
Condish Tresemme naturals, GFTN
DT: Lustrasilk + honey :)
LI: KCKT, GVP CB
Styling products: Ouidad CC, TIGI Catwalk, KCCC, PaulMitchell Sculpting Foam
Oils: Coconut

Comments

• SpiralliSpiralli Registered Users Posts: 3,684 Curl Connoisseur
    Missha is having a 40% off anniversary sale now on their site. www.misshaus.com I think it's through 2/6. I have been using Perfect Cover for about a month and love it. I ordered their Cho Bo Yang product last night. Looking forward to trying that, too.
    Type: 3b/3c (i), below shoulder length.
    CO wash: A-O GPB LYY, Desert Essence Coconut, Oribe Silverati
    Leave-ins: Curl Junkie Beauti-Curls, KCKT, cno overnight
    Styling: BRHG, MGA Sculpting Gel, A-O Mandarin Magic Gel, LOTD AVG, LALSG, CJ Pattern Pusha
    DT: Curl Junkie Deep Fix, Briogeo Don't Despair Repair!
  • itsiliiiitsiliii Registered Users Posts: 340
    AHHH I ordered the missha bb cream :D I hope it's kind to my skin!

• dawnmarie550dawnmarie550 Registered Users Posts: 26
    I have the BB cream from Garnier and I LOVE it! It is light and just a hint of coverage! Like i am not wearing anything.
    3a/b with spiral curls....use ojan shampoo and conditioner. sally's generic potion 9 and generic paul mitchell super clean sculpting gel. air dry or partial diffuse.
    MY SON IS MY HERO
    I went crazy with bb creams ladies! Haha I bought the missha and the boscia one as a more skin healthy alternative :D

Did you get your Missha stuff yet? How do you like it? I just tried their Cho Bo Yang product and I like it too -- hard to decide between this and the Perfect Cover that I originally started with .
    Styling: BRHG, MGA Sculpting Gel, A-O Mandarin Magic Gel, LOTD AVG, LALSG, CJ Pattern Pusha
    No agh I haven't gotten it yet! I have lots of yellow undertones so I'm hoping the 27 I ordered really matches me!

• spring1onuspring1onu Registered Users Posts: 16,528 Curl Connoisseur
    This board always has me spending money on things I probably never would have noticed! :lol: I hadn't even heard of BB cream, but now I'm definitely interested.

I may try the Garnier and see what I think.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

spring-smiley.gif?1292867680

Byron,GA> Charleston, SC> Jacksonville, FL> Guilford, CT> Rohnert Park, CA! A southern drawl in sunny Cali! . :D
    The amount of time from slipping on the peel and landing on the pavement is exactly one bananosecond.
    I do have a secret yen for pink in unexpected places. ~ninja dog
    I've decided that I'll never get down to my original weight, and I'm OK with that--After all, 8 pounds 2 oz. is just not realistic.
  • MaciMaci Registered Users Posts: 180
    :laughing5:I love BB creams. My current rotation includes Lioele 'Triple the Solution', L'egere 'White Multi', Dr. Jart Water fuse, and Nature Republic 'By Flower'. These don't break me out and provide good coverage for oily skin.

Bosica was okay, but a little too glittery. Clinique was greasy on my skin and slipped off by noon.

I'm medium-olive skin toned and these work good for winter. Use a little Sephora loose mineral makeup to set and darken the color a bit. When summer comes around, I either use a darker mineral makeup to set or mix with a darker foundation. I may not go back to regular foundation again because of the built in spf and smooth finish.
    Spirals, curls & waves, Med-Coarse Texture, Med Porosity, Low Elasticity
    YAYYY I got my missha bb cream! I love it, it matches my skin perfectly and conceals quite beautifully :)

And oh yeah I tried the Boscia bb cream too! But honestly the glitter was kinda gross and made me look super oily :p

• MaciMaci Registered Users Posts: 180
    Congrats on the Missha. Does it have a strong scent? That was my only hesitation with Missha. Too much scent makes me itch.
    Spirals, curls & waves, Med-Coarse Texture, Med Porosity, Low Elasticity
    I read that the Missha Perfect Cover is described as slightly baby powder scent. Initially it has a light scent right out of the tube, but it doesn't linger. I think maybe the fragrance is detectable for a minute after application. I love this stuff!

The Missha Cho Bo Yang is also great. It's a bit less moisturizing, IME, thicker, and I don't need finishing powder after it (like I do with PC if I want to control shine).

I tried a sample of Boscia and didn't think it was bad. Looked shinier on me than Missha does, but I didn't notice glitter. I thought it was just an oilier base.
    Yeah the missha has a light scent to it, some people love it and others hate it so to each his own!

And yes the Boscia had sparkles, on someone without oily skin it would probably look lovely :p

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file